Etymology of the word "Wadaad"

But to get back at the Xaar/حار 'hot' part somali does have a similar cognate which is huur 'heat', we probably just dropped the X/ح or they turned H/ه into X/ح.
Extremely unlikely for so many obvious reasons (like the fact that proto-Somalis could pronounce 7a as the letter exists in Somali language.Arabic words with Z ( a letter that doesn't exist in the Somali language) gets changed to an S for example Waziir --> Wasiir Ziyaara ---> Siyaaro Zaynab ---> Saynab

Somali nationalism stops many of you to accept the truth that Semitic civilization whether from Arabia or the Ethiopian highlands has influenced us greatly and there's nothing wrong with it.

Northern Swordsman

Tawxiid Alle lahaw, Talo na Alle saaro.
Extremely unlikely for so many obvious reasons (like the fact that proto-Somalis could pronounce 7a as the letter exists in Somali language.Arabic words with Z ( a letter that doesn't exist in the Somali language) gets changed to an S for example Waziir --> Wasiir Ziyaara ---> Siyaaro Zaynab ---> Saynab

Somali nationalism stops many of you to accept the truth that Semitic civilization whether from Arabia or the Ethiopian highlands has influenced us greatly and there's nothing wrong with it.
It is very possible that it may have been hVr and semitic may have turned into xVr

Nonetheless semitic languages influenced us heavily and there's no problem since some of us somalis (T-Y16897) migrated from the Arab peninsula.

So it might also be we influenced ourselves since we had semitic assimilate into somalis.

Dumar imra'a are not even close lol plus I can't speak for anyone but I'm just someone looking for the truth.Wadaad being of Ethio-Semitic origin shocked and wanted to share.Incel nationalists like yourself are weirdos tho

Actually since Arabic is a Semitic language, which use triliteral roots, it is possible for dumar and imra’a to be related. But they aren’t, it’s just a linguistic coincidence. Same reason anta (Arabic) and anata (Japanese) are similar sounding words for you. Either way, you’re not a linguistic, so stop pulling conjecture out your ass to fit your Arab daddy beliefs in.

Nonetheless semitic languages influenced us heavily and there's no problem since some of us somalis (T-Y16897) migrated from the Arab peninsula.

So it might also be we influenced ourselves since we had semitic assimilate into somalis.
No evidence for this. T haplogroup presence in Somalis hasn’t been explained yet. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions until further studies are done.

No evidence for this. T haplogroup presence in Somalis hasn’t been explained yet. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions until further studies are done.
I'm of the opinion it came through intra-African migrations, likely from Sudan and Eritrea. Not sure why everyone is so sure that it came through Arabia, honestly.

I'm of the opinion it came through intra-African migrations, likely from Sudan and Eritrea. Not sure why everyone is so sure that it came through Arabia, honestly.
It could have come through Arabia, or Red Sea Coast of Egypt/Sudan or even the Levant through the Red Sea. I’m just reluctant to believe it is Arab, considering the low levels of prevalence of haplogroup T among Arabs and lack of material evidence.

I think we haven't got any haplogroup T samples from the sub continent if any on Yfull, maybe it would have something to do with spice trade considering we have T clade's in Berbera, whom don't share a common ancestry for over 13 thousand BC . However we also seem to have Hijazi sub clade's who they share the closest TMRC.

Northern Swordsman

It came through the arabic peninsula because the closest relatives of our T-BY181210 are present in the Arab peninsula.
SmartSelect_20220821-175636_Brave.jpg

Actually since Arabic is a Semitic language, which use triliteral roots, it is possible for dumar and imra’a to be related. But they aren’t, it’s just a linguistic coincidence. Same reason anta (Arabic) and anata (Japanese) are similar sounding words for you. Either way, you’re not a linguistic, so stop pulling conjecture out your ass to fit your Arab daddy beliefs in.
This whole thread is about Ethio-Semitic not Arabs so your accusation just sounds childish af.

Secondly, Dumar and Imra'a have nothing to do with each other but many Somali words in common with arabic are in fact loanwords from Arabic (classical and southern Yemeni dialect) into SL/Djibouti Somali and some words that sound similar are cognates from when cushitic was still a part of the Cushitic-Semitic-Berber group before being the earliest to branch out; words like Ana vs Ani/Aniga are an example of AA (Cushitic-Semitic-Berber) cognates

It could have come through Arabia, or Red Sea Coast of Egypt/Sudan or even the Levant through the Red Sea. I’m just reluctant to believe it is Arab, considering the low levels of prevalence of haplogroup T among Arabs and lack of material evidence.
It's definitely from the Arabian Peninsula just doesn't seem Yemeni the way Somali J-P58 does (branched off 2500 years ago from their fellow Yemenis).Somali J-P58 are probably responsible for camel herding, and the Sabean inscriptions found in the Republic Of Somaliland

Northern Swordsman

It's definitely from the Arabian Peninsula just doesn't seem Yemeni the way Somali J-P58 does (branched off 2500 years ago from their fellow Yemenis).Somali J-P58 are probably responsible for camel herding, and the Sabean inscriptions found in the Republic Of Somaliland
It's also possible that the T-Y45591/T-Y16897 were responsible for the camel herding and rhe sabean inscription.

It's also possible both entered Somalia together or at the same era.

It's also possible that the T-Y45591/T-Y16897 were responsible for the camel herding and rhe sabean inscription.

It's also possible both entered Somalia together or at the same era.
That lineage seems very ambiguous only two upstream saudi samples from cosmopolitan Hijaz unlike the Somali J-P58 who are in a clear cut ancient Yemeni clade

That lineage seems very ambiguous only two upstream saudi samples from cosmopolitan Hijaz unlike the Somali J-P58 who are in a clear cut ancient Yemeni clade
Only one upstream sample is from the Hijaz, the other one is from the Asir area adjacent to Yemen.

If we are of Arabian origin as the current evidence suggests, then it is very likely to have arrived from Southern Arabia as there are other Y16897 lineages on FTDNA from Yemen and the Asir area. There is even an Indonesian with Hadhramaut ancestry. T-L208 is generally a North-Central or Eastern Arabian peninsula haplogroup, however, there is no denying that it also a historical presence in Southern Arabia, Oman more than Yemen where it is negligible.

Looking at how Waqooyi is heavily populated by T-Y16897, the genetic evidence is supportive of T-Y16897 also being a factor in the cultural and livelihood impact brought by South Arabian migrants in archaeological sites recently explored. Considering how Arab clans were/are confederacies, it is perfectly within logic that their ancestors would have been part of Southern Arabian trading networks and settlements in Northern Somalia.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Trending