Ethno genesis of the Somali people

I read somewhere a while back that there was evidence Somalis were drinking cattle blood, the same way Maasais do it, I can't find the source doe, i read it when i was a kid.
Burton is a British dude who entered in the 1800s, we haven't drank blood in over a millennium (probably even more)

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Burton had strong hatred againt Somalis, dude’s friend got killed by a mob of village faraxs right before his eyes loool

Take his words about us with a grain of salt

see thread: Thread 'Throwback: When Richard Burton's Group Got Jumped'

To be honest, when you read his book he's fairly impartial. At worst he often comes off as condescending in that typical 19th century cadaan kinda way but he doesn't really disparage or lie about Somalis at all. He even openly mentions it when there are good things to be said about them and pays his respects to several Somalis in his writings.

Nah, he definitely did. I need to find it and post it. I remember reading it and doing a double take and thinking uff shaydaan waaxiid.

I looked it up:

The word blood is used 61 times and nowhere could I find it being used to mention that someone drank blood. Is it in another one of his writings?

Last edited:

Hamzza

VIP
To be honest, when you read his book he's fairly impartial. At worst he often comes off as condescending in that typical 19th century cadaan kinda way but he doesn't really disparage or lie about Somalis at all. He even openly mentions it when there are good things to be said about them and pays his respects to several Somalis in his writings.

I looked it up:

The word blood is used 61 times and nowhere could I find it being used to mention that someone drank blood. Is it in another one of his writings?
Read his other books he shits on somalis walaahay

Somalis are primarily Cushitic with direct Arabian admixture which imo probably post-dates Islam

Target: Somali_Somalia
Distance: 1.4759% / 0.01475949 | ADC: 0.25x RC
89.4 Kenya_Pastorals
8.0 Yemenite_Jew
2.6 Morocco_UP_Taforalt_(Iberomaurusian)

Target: Somali_Somaliland
Distance: 1.4403% / 0.01440274 | ADC: 0.25x RC
91.8 Kenya_Pastorals
5.0 Yemenite_Jew
3.2 Morocco_UP_Taforalt_(Iberomaurusian)
Coordinates used?

Trending