Ethiopia's naval ambition

We wont see it bare fruit.

Your telling me, there willing to fund a startup navy, that will eventually challenge them as china been doing. Kkk

You are far from a stable peaceful country.

Ethiopia, France sign military, navy deal, turn 'new page' in ties

How does a landlocked country get a navy? Through being given permanent access to a coast obviously.
So.. for the past year or so, political pundits have been discussing Ethiopia's plan to build a navy.
The location keeps changing, from Djibouti, to Eritrea but now the latest "gossip" is that the location is actually supposedly in Northern Somalia. From Zeila to Masaafo. Rumour has it that Farmaajo has a secret deal with Abiye.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 21.21.49.png

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Somaliland is basically an Ethiopian colony, the Killinka Lixaad of Ethiopia, just like Feysal Waraabe said "a kid from Ethiopia is closer to me than a kid from Somalia".

genetically speaking Landers are Oromos hence why they welcome Oromos to SL with open hands while they deport Somali Southerners,If SL were given the option to join Ethiopia they wouldn't hesitate a bit.
inCollage_20201203_153414537.jpg

Wait i just realized he doesn't even control zeila :drakelaugh:

Farmaajo doesn't care. He has grand ambitions to rule a Centralised Somalia . He wrote an entire thesis about his cuqdad for people he thinks took his uncle Siad Barre down.

I 100% believe he is capable of signing over random land in exchange for unlimited support. He would never let Somaliland escape his version of Somalia.

Hmm the US, France, China, Arabs and others come from thousands of miles away and build their bases in Djibuti and Africans don't ask why. But a neighbouring country whose life line is highly dependent on Djibouti port building its base to protect its interest is something suspicious. We have to change this African mentality.

:gucciwhat:

Why would Somalia negotiate over its own land with Ethiopia?

You replied exactly a year after my post and expect me to remember what I was saying? :ftw9nwa: Anyway, Ethiopia will not have a naval base in Somalia, that is for sure. Somalia is the last place we would have our Naval base because of the historical background of the two countries. We would rather have it in Kenya than Somalia. So, no need to be sleepless about this issue. Now go to sleep :ftw9nwa:.

It would probably be in assab or Djibooty. If anyone knows anything about geopolitics they would know that’s actually a good thing for afwerki/gella. Since it’s a card they could use in the future for geopolitical purposes. Building one in Somalia seems far fetched tbh. Because SL is not recognized yet (farmajo canceled the UAE base) and south is still battling AS.

Now I know most of the users on site are teenagers who came here to troll but subscribing to a few YouTube channels that talk about geopolitics wouldn’t hurt.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts