Ethiopians sabotaging mogadishu history

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
I always wondered, why aren't Tigre considered Habesha? Is it because they're Muslim? Isn't their language the closest one to Ge'ez?
If you use the term in it’s purest sense, they are “habesha” (although I don’t like the term for numerous reasons). Tigre are Northern Ethio-Semites but probably abject to the term since it’s used nowadays to refer to Christian Highlanders. Likely a recent development however since Tigre have only really been Muslim for 300 years. You still find some Tigre clans with sizeable Christian populations (Mensaah)

although I don’t like the term for numerous reasons).
Such as?
abject to the term since it’s used nowadays to refer to Christian Highlanders. Likely a recent development however since Tigre have only really been Muslim for 300 years.
No actually some Tigre at the coast have been Muslim since something like the 8th century whilst the Tigres more inland converted mostly in the 19th century.

Also the term Habesha has probably been exclusive to Tigrinya speakers for a while now, even when Tigres were Christian

ethiopimutt angry.png

Ethicope

It’s the opposite
Considering somalis in Ethiopian affairs is a given because a large sum of our folks are in "ethiopia", the way these niggas sabotage and re write our history. The only people that have sleepless nights changing our shit is bald Ethiopians

seldiboy

“Eritrea nkidmit” or in other words Eritrea(n) first. The “habesha” bullshit exudes fifth columnism and undermines Eritrean civic nationalism. A Cushitic or Nilo-Saharan Eritrean is my brother before my Semitic “kin” across the border

The “habesha” bullshit exudes fifth columnism and undermines Eritrean civic nationalism.
Damn bruh “habesha bullshit” is wild wtf, I got a Tigrinya friend from Seraye and he puts his Habesha identity on a similar level to his Eritrean one. No he is not an Agame sympathiser

I think it’s a bit much to say “Habesha bullshit” tbch, I’ve noticed a lot of Eritrean Tigrinya ppl in the diaspora call themselves Eritrean but not Habesha and this is honestly purely due to wanting to disassociate with Habesha Ethiopians across the Mereb (doesn’t really exist with Tigrinya folks in Eritrea AFAIK)

Which is silly because at the end of the day it is an intimate part of who your people are and has an extremely long history within the region(3rd century AD at least).

I’m part Tigre btw and we have no problem associating with our family, the Beja who live in Sudan, this absolutely does not take away from our Eritrean identity. Same way Afar Eritreans got no issue with associating with Afar Ethios/Djiboutians, this seems to be an issue particular to Tigrinya people in that they feel weird being so similar to Habesha Ethiopians like the Tigray even if they’ve had a separate nation, identity and political structure since roughly the 12/13th century, I’ve had arguments with Tigrinya people who claimed that they are closer to a Hederab than a Tigray, which is simply laughable.

I still completely agree with the idea of Eritrea first and think it’s the best way forward but I don’t think you should disregard your Habesha identity the way it seems you do.

I agree on your point about fifth columnism tbh but it doesn’t seem to be a big issue among Tigrinya Eritreans, but it does exist, even with my friend I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

seldiboy

Damn bruh “habesha bullshit” is wild wtf, I got a Tigrinya friend from Seraye and he puts his Habesha identity on a similar level to his Eritrean one. No he is not an Agame sympathiser

I think it’s a bit much to say “Habesha bullshit” tbch, I’ve noticed a lot of Eritrean Tigrinya ppl in the diaspora call themselves Eritrean but not Habesha and this is honestly purely due to wanting to disassociate with Habesha Ethiopians across the Mereb (doesn’t really exist with Tigrinya folks in Eritrea AFAIK)

Which is silly because at the end of the day it is an intimate part of who your people are and has an extremely long history within the region(3rd century AD at least).

I’m part Tigre btw and we have no problem associating with our family, the Beja who live in Sudan, this absolutely does not take away from our Eritrean identity. Same way Afar Eritreans got no issue with associating with Afar Ethios/Djiboutians, this seems to be an issue particular to Tigrinya people in that they feel weird being so similar to Habesha Ethiopians like the Tigray even if they’ve had a separate nation, identity and political structure since roughly the 12/13th century, I’ve had arguments with Tigrinya people who claimed that they are closer to a Hederab than a Tigray, which is simply laughable.

I still completely agree with the idea of Eritrea first and think it’s the best way forward but I don’t think you should disregard your Habesha identity the way it seems you do.

I agree on your point about fifth columnism tbh but it doesn’t seem to be a big issue among Tigrinya Eritreans, but it does exist, even with my friend I mentioned earlier.
To be honest, things were amicable until the border war. Tigrinya would look down a bit on Tegaru but it wasn’t anything major. After what happened in the 1998-2000 war (especially what they were doing in the border towns like Senafe, Adi Begio, Tsorona etc) that relationship was irreparably damaged. That’s when “Tigrayan” and “Woyane” became synonymous. Both my parents fought with my dad being stationed in Tsorona and then Adi Begio. This is a guy who is normally very rational but after what he witnessed, he has a seething hate for them.

It doesn’t help that Tigrayans have recently been using the “habesha” connection to try and undermine Eritreanism, especially with those adgis who have bastardised the meley flag recently

Pagan is not an insult lol. It’s a fact that until recently, Kunama mostly subscribed to traditional animist beliefs that can be classed as pagan
Well I classify your religion that brings guns to a religious ceremony as pagan. How about that. Your church also blessed the war in Tigray. What kind of religion does that… why not advocate for peace?

Trending