Ethiopian hydropower projects on the Jubba River threatens both Somalia’s water and food security

3E649674-B946-4289-95AA-10067E6B7599.jpeg

🤔

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Possibly the greatest existential threat to the Somali nation and a project which, if successful, will guarantee Ethiopian ascendancy. Rivers are the lifeblood of civilization, bringing agriculture, trade, life. To have the Juba and Shabelle controlled by our historical rivals is unconscionable.

This is the natural terminus of clan federalism. A confederation of perpetually bickering clan states incapable of creating a united front; even against the death of their country. Somalia will become a suzerainty in all but name instead of assuming her rightful place as the leader of the HOA. Fucking hell.

:farmajoyaab:

We need to cultivate some Somali Midnimo before our enemies destroy us.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Nice good job Ethiopia this will guarantee electricity in Ogadenia and give us subsidized water for irrigation.

@xabashi first the 50/50 oil deal and now electricity for the region. Abiy is doing well but if he forces Cagjar in its back to step 1 :nvjpqts:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Him quoting a 2016 article only shows isaaq's elites are not very happy with Ethiopia as of late.
Its been like 5 years and we haven't seen the invisible dam yet. Jubba is still a permanent river. Shabelle river on other hand been drying up more often and for longer period of time. I suspect climate change is the main cause.

I'm pretty sure sooner or later the amxara president Mustafa Cagjar will allow his kins to move to Somali state in large numbers and give them free farmland and they're going to use up all the water.

Luckily Somalia has a low population. We need to focus on value-added products. Not raw materials. Majority of ethi/Kenya's exports are cheap raw materials. This ain't the 16th century. No one gets rich from farming.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Nice good job Ethiopia this will guarantee electricity in Ogadenia and give us subsidized water for irrigation.

@xabashi first the 50/50 oil deal and now electricity for the region. Abiy is doing well but if he forces Cagjar in its back to step 1 :nvjpqts:
you're smoking if you think this benefits Somalis in galbeed.

There is no room for Somalis in Ethiopia so there is no need to be licking their boots

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
you're smoking if you think this benefits Somalis in galbeed.

There is no room for Somalis in Ethiopia so there is no need to be licking their boots
We have gotten road projects, pipeline deals, electric connectivity, university funding, and more.

What did SL give Dhulbahante except the honor of ripping Somalia apart?
247D3AD7-6167-4CE1-9320-B8FF5813DEA0.gif

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
We have gotten road projects, pipeline deals, electric connectivity, university funding, and more.

What did SL give Dhulbahante except the honor of ripping Somalia apart?
View attachment 161574
Ahh yes, the infrastructure built for the future residents of Ogadenia, Oromos and Amharas. Maba xishoodid, kulaha "univesity funding" :damn:

Don't sugarcoat it man, you're not ethiopia's servant, you're her b*tch negro.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Juba river does not exist in Ethiopia it forms at Luuq, the tributary rivers that exist in Ethiopia themselves pass through mountainous area immediately north of the border where they are fed, no real farm potential and hydraulic energy cannot be harnessed economically as the rate and volume of these tributary rivers like Ganaale and Dawa aren't powerful enough to be financially feasible project.

Shabelle river however is different, it can be used for hydraulic power generation, agriculture and oil/gas extraction, but this will not affect Jubaland but it will destroy Hiirshabelle economically.

Its quite ironic, OG were feed to crocodiles and drown in the river, and now their Ethiopian mazza is turning off the water supply to their former adversaries.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Ahh yes, the infrastructure built for the future residents of Ogadenia, Oromos and Amharas. Maba xishoodid, kulaha "univesity funding" :damn:

Don't sugarcoat it man, you're not ethiopia's servant, you're her b*tch negro.
lol answer my question we arent fighting for traitors what is Dhulbahante getting from SL when selling themselves? Maybe one day Las Canood will have a radio station :liberaltears:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Him quoting a 2016 article only shows isaaq's elites are not very happy with Ethiopia as of late.
Its been like 5 years and we haven't seen the invisible dam yet. Jubba is still a permanent river. Shabelle river on other hand been drying up more often and for longer period of time. I suspect climate change is the main cause.

I'm pretty sure sooner or later the amxara president Mustafa Cagjar will allow his kins to move to Somali state in large numbers and give them free farmland and they're going to use up all the water.

Luckily Somalia has a low population. We need to focus on value-added products. Not raw materials. Majority of ethi/Kenya's exports are cheap raw materials. This ain't the 16th century. No one gets rich from farming.
20171213636487230824405059Daamka%20ethito.jpg

you mean this invisible dam. :deadpeter:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
lol answer my question we arent fighting for traitors what is Dhulbahante getting from SL when selling themselves? Maybe one day Las Canood will have a radio station :liberaltears:
Dhulbahante are getting just as much as they would get from anyone else or need. I’m pretty sure that answers your question.

Now tell me what twerking for Ethiopia has done for you besides getting raped and killed by oromos, or besides being gentrified like animals, or besides having your leaders slaughter you like cattle, or besides.... you get the point.

Don’t throw stones in a glass house buddy. No shame, when you’re an Ethiopian prostitute.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

come on this deal won't benefit OG or any somali in somalia or ethiopia.
Dhulbahante are getting just as much as they would get from anyone else or need. I’m pretty sure that answers your question.

Now tell me what twerking for Ethiopia has done for you besides getting raped and killed by oromos, or besides being gentrified like animals, or besides having your leaders slaughter you like cattle, or besides.... you get the point.

Don’t throw stones in a glass house buddy. No shame, when you’re an Ethiopian prostitute.
Nigga you can say all this stuff, but the jokes is on you when ''slaves'' have better cities, beter living standards than you and are allowed to wave the somali flag.:manny: