Ethiopian Female pastor: We need to preach in areas such as Afar and Somali where the Gospel has not reached

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is mistaken. The gospel has been around in the Horn of Africa for about 1700 years and in that time we have evidence of contact between Somalis and Habesha Christians going back to the pre-Islamic era if I'm not mistaken and yet Somalis are like 99% Muslim. They've had over a millennia to convert us and failed. Best give up.

:mjhaps:
1700 years:mindblown:

might as well give up:mjcry:

we gave them a head start to conolize us but they only way they could do that was with abo caadan:dead:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I’m deaddddd 😂😂😂😂😂. Fam all it needed was a few men to colonise their country in less than a day 😭

Alx, we're Muslim.

These are the Top 5 African Countries for Sex Tourism.
1617578619988.png

Apollo

VIP
Amharic is not a nice-sounding language, and that woman ending every sentence in high pitch made me almost cut my ears off.

I actually kind of like how Amharic sounds, but this woman is not a good example of it. It is her making those high pitch sounds at the end of sentences before breathing in, personal thing. Heard other Amharas speak in a different way.

PS. Tigrinya is apparently much more Semitic linguistically than Amharic. Amharic has more Agaw words, phonology, and grammar.

Apollo

VIP
News broadcast in Amharic:

News broadcast in Tigrinya:

Tigrinya sounds more like Arabic, lol. Amharic is a bit softer, imo.

The OP woman isn't a good example of how most Amharas intonate.

I actually kind of like how Amharic sounds, but this woman is not a good example of it. It is her making those high pitch sounds at the end of sentences before breathing in, personal thing. Heard other Amharas speak in a different way.

PS. Tigrinya is apparently much more Semitic linguistically than Amharic. Amharic has more Agaw words, phonology, and grammar.
I've been around people who speak it, of course, so this is not a first-time impression, and you have to understand I wrote in somewhat hyperbole because the woman sounded mad annoying. Overall, comparatively, Somali is just better, no matter the level of charitability.:manny:

Apollo

VIP
I've been around people who speak it, of course, so this is not a first-time impression, and you have to understand I wrote in somewhat hyperbole because the woman sounded mad annoying. Overall, comparatively, Somali is just better, no matter the level of charitability.:manny:

I think Afar and Rendille is what Somali sounds like to non-Somalis. Not the worst, but also not perfectly harmonic either. IMO, Italian is the best sounding language to me, mainly because they have so many words ending in a vowel and this helps with the melody between words and sentences.

I think Afar and Rendille is what Somali sounds like to non-Somalis. Not the worst, but also not perfectly harmonic either. IMO, Italian is the best sounding language to me, mainly because they have so many words ending in a vowel and this helps with the melody between words and sentences.
Afar sounds like Somali, but that language is actually not that close if we compare it to Rendille. However, IIRC, Afar sound more like Somali, and as you put it, all those similar yet unintelligible words is probably what Somali sounds like to non-Somalis.

Other Horners I've talked to have the majority of the time claimed Somali sound more like Arabic than the other Cushitic languages because of certain sounds. Somali is not totally harmonious - it doesn't need to - the somewhat harshness gives it character.

A fellow Af-talyaani admirer. Grazie Fratello mio :rejoice:

Fun fact, we have something in common with Malta. English, Italian, and Arabic were the languages that influenced them the most as well. :lolbron:
Imagine retiring in a place like Malta, that would be nice. It also has a very interesting history since it was conquered by North African Muslims in the 9th century.

The Christians took it back though after 2 centuries but if we held it longer it would've been a second Al Andalus.

:meleshame::mjcry:

Apollo

VIP
Imagine retiring in a place like Malta, that would be nice. It also has a very interesting history since it was conquered by North African Muslims in the 9th century.

The Christians took it back though after 2 centuries but if we held it longer it would've been a second Al Andalus.

:meleshame::mjcry:

It would be like Christian Abyssinians conquering Afar an Somali lands and then being driven out by the British and Italians. If that happened the history of Malta and Somalis would really be weirdly similar. :mindblown:

Status
Not open for further replies.