Ethiopian asylum seekers commiting crimes and labelled Somali in the UK

Two names appeared on a list by the Daily Mail titled 'The criminal asylum seekers who've made a mockery of Britain's hospitality by carrying out appalling crimes including paedophilia, rape, and murder.'

There were two 'Somalis' listed: 'Risman Naitsoka' and 'Gabre Wounose.' Both are foreign names that are clearly not Somali.

1000023981.jpg

You might think it's just the Daily Mail.

These criminals are clearly of Ethiopian origin as Gabre is an Ethiopian name and on the other hand, here's a mugshot of Risman Naitsoka below who looks nothing like a Somali, but looks Habesha or could possibly be of some Madow stock.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2...ed-for-stabbing-woman-in-chest-after-argument

Last edited:
One of you in the UK needs to contact their immigration and tell them that Ethiopians are using the Somali identity to seek false asylum. The UK authorities already know they do this to Eritreans.

Be useful and out them. They are counting on your silence to get away with it. We can't shrug our shoulders and say "Who cares?" all the time.

pinkyandthebrain

Lander and proud
VIP
@DojaKhat the more the likes of Johnny is there smearing our name wronfully the more these right wings will use our name in anything. Is time we took action no matter what. We can't stay silent anymore .

pinkyandthebrain

Lander and proud
VIP
And people thought I was out of pocket when I said is time to beat up the likes of Johnny for using our name. Not saying he's connected to this but people are getting brave in using our name wrongfully and further smearing our name. Dailymail can't get away with this. What's their email so I can do something.

And people thought I was out of pocket when I said is time to beat up the likes of Johnny for using our name. Not saying he's connected to this but people are getting brave in using our name wrongfully and further smearing our name. Dailymail can't get away with this. What's their email so I can do something.

fill in this form: link https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/contactus/article-3701145/Factual-Inaccuracies.html

I’ll do it now too insha’allah

Done! @Arkan took the time to put the error to our attention via this thread so I may as well try to address the false info.

For real, shout out to OP. I've done my part.

I sent my application and everyone do the same instead of complaining as to why I call out on the somali hate. DO SOMETHING instead of attacking me smh

Sorry they're gaslighting you. You know if the shoe was on the other foot and Somalis were doing crimes under an Ethiopian name, the Ethiopians would have made a big deal about it and outed us immediately for messing with their reputation. They don't tolerate any hits to their rep. Sadly some of our people feel like there is no reputation to salvage so they accept it.

pinkyandthebrain

Lander and proud
VIP
For real, shout out to OP. I've done my part.

Sorry they're gaslighting you. You know if the shoe was on the other foot and Somalis were doing crimes under an Ethiopian name, the Ethiopians would have made a big deal about it and outed us immediately for messing with their reputation. They don't tolerate any hits to their rep. Sadly some of our people feel like there is no reputation to salvage so they accept it.
Exactly is so weird how many people on this forum attack me eveytime I call out on our people in not doing any action. Apparently I'm not thinking straight or I'm too chronically online. Is like they gave up on our reputation.

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
One of you in the UK needs to contact their immigration and tell them that Ethiopians are using the Somali identity to seek false asylum. The UK authorities already know they do this to Eritreans.

Be useful and out them. They are counting on your silence to get away with it. We can't shrug our shoulders and say "Who cares?" all the time.
Ethiopians and Kenyans often cite connections to Somalia as part of their asylum applications, leveraging the turmoil in Somalia to justify their need for refuge. This tactic arises from the difficulty of gaining immigration approval to the UK from their own relatively stable countries.

I remember my dad recounting an incident when he and his friend were directed to a supposed Somali church, only to find it populated by Kenyans who had misrepresented their identity.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Here is a message template:
I'm highly insulted that you did not do the due diligence to ensure the accuracy of the information you provided in your article. A simple Google search would have informed you that the surnames Gabre and Naitsoka are not of Somali origin. It is clear you lack cultural sensitivity and are in deep need of cultural awareness training. Thank you for your lack of journalistic integrity. Your false claims have prompted me to contact immigration about fraudulent asylum claims. These people are not Somali nationals or ethnic Somali for that matter.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Two names appeared on a list by the Daily Mail titled 'The criminal asylum seekers who've made a mockery of Britain's hospitality by carrying out appalling crimes including paedophilia, rape, and murder.'

There were two 'Somalis' listed: 'Risman Naitsoka' and 'Gabre Wounose.' Both are foreign names that are clearly not Somali.

View attachment 324094

You might think it's just the Daily Mail.

These criminals are clearly of Ethiopian origin as Gabre is an Ethiopian name and on the other hand, here's a mugshot of Risman Naitsoka below who looks nothing like a Somali, but looks Habesha or could possibly be of some Madow stock.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2...ed-for-stabbing-woman-in-chest-after-argument

I keep hearing about Europe having Ethiopian and Eritreans committing crimes while claiming to be Somali

I spoke about this before.. we literally get blamed for multiple crimes. Some Albanian woman stabbed a little girl and the daily mail posted it was a “Somali”. After that it was a Jamaican who stabbed multiple people and Somalis were blamed too. There are Somalis with big platforms who refuse to discuss this. We are too busy fighting eachother!

pinkyandthebrain

Lander and proud
VIP
I spoke about this before.. we literally get blamed for multiple crimes. Some Albanian woman stabbed a little girl and the daily mail posted it was a “Somali”. After that it was a Jamaican who stabbed multiple people and Somalis were blamed too. There are Somalis with big platforms who refuse to discuss this. We are too busy fighting eachother!
they refuse to discuss because they're ashamed of their identity. They are embarassed of seeing all the negative attention we are receiving and therefore avoid any somali topics so they can fit in with others. I and my sister have also seen many somalis lie about their identity too