Ethiopia: repression and unrest return to Oromia

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
The government is once more employing repressive tactics to try and stamp out a rebellion, but they may be having the opposite effect

After he was accused of being an insurgent, prisoner Gammachu Garomsa was reportedly beaten to death by Ethiopian security forces and his body thrown into the bush at Yubdo Kebele in Oromia.
The district government said he was shot dead as he attempted to escape, though a photo of him sitting with his hands tied around his back and surrounded by Oromia regional police carrying sticks found its way onto social media.

Ijara Taddese, in his mid-twenties and a father of one, said he was assaulted with sticks and wires after being taken to a detention camp in Dembi Dollo in western Oromia. “Three soldiers forced me to lie on the ground with my back and two of them stepped on my hands and the other poured water on my mouth and nose from a full jerry can that holds 20 liters.” he told Ethiopia Insight. “That almost killed me.”

Such horror stories are familiar from Oromia over at least the last three decades after dissent was de facto criminalized and opponents of Meles Zenawi and Hailemariam Desalegn’s governments were routinely jailed as alleged members of the then-banned Oromo Liberation Front (OLF). Under reformist Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, the OLF was invited home from Eritrea to partake in a liberated Ethiopia, and the jails were emptied—or so the standard narrative goes.
In fact, for many Oromo, the struggle did not end and the abuses did not stop: both Ijara and Gamachu’s ordeals occurred just a few months ago, in September. Ijara, an employee of Oromia Credit and Saving Association who said he was arrested twice under Abiy’s predecessor, was released on September 23.

The government Human Rights Commission told Voice of America (VOA) that the killing of Gammachu in Ayira Woreda of Western Wellega Zone was a human rights abuse. Ruling party Oromia spokesman Taye Dendea said to Ethiopia Insight that elements in the regional police were paid to defame the government by engaging in violations and then circulating evidence online.

Others, including Ethiopian human rights groups, have detailed a pattern of mass detentions and government abuses, and a group of Oromo academics has also spoken out about continuing repression. Officials have acknowledged applying much-criticised tactics of previous governments: cutting the internet and phone lines as part of security operations and the use of mass detentions followed by indoctrination efforts.
full article:https://www.ethiopia-insight.com/20...omia-plunges-deeper-into-chaos-and-confusion/

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
This is in the best interest of Somalia. May Ethiopia balkanise into several ethnic states like the USSR:rejoice:
I think abiy is helping us to achieve that. Then we can split the oil only with the oromos and leave the amhara behind poor and broke.

:mjlol::drakelaugh:

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
I think abiy is helping us to achieve that. Then we can split the oil only with the oromos and leave the amhara behind poor and broke.

For Ethiopia to balkanize the different tribes in the country will need military assistance. Weapons and military strategies on where to attack. Who to attack. Create a false conflict between the Amxaar and Tigrayans. Include the Oromos into the mix too.

To destroy a country, you only need to level the field for the oppressed. Muslims will make the best soldiers, they will die for the cause. There are no better soldiers, than the soldier who doesn't fear Death.

Unfortunately I am Muslims myself, so I cant use that tactic. I will have to bribe different military powers, most likely the Christian Oromos to back up the revolution. Make Eritrean invade the Tigrayans. Destroy the oppositions military bases. Destroy their electricity and anything that could help them.

Conquering Ethiopia will be easy. Only if the Western world leaves us alone. Only if the 2 duos China and Russia don't interfere.

This is in the best interest of Somalia. May Ethiopia balkanise into several ethnic states like the USSR:rejoice:

For Ethiopia to balkanize the different tribes in the country will need military assistance. Weapons and military strategies on where to attack. Who to attack. Create a false conflict between the Amxaar and Tigrayans. Include the Oromos into the mix too.

To destroy a country, you only need to level the field for the oppressed. Muslims will make the best soldiers, they will die for the cause. There are no better soldiers, than the soldier who doesn't fear Death.

Unfortunately I am Muslims myself, so I cant use that tactic. I will have to bribe different military powers, most likely the Christian Oromos to back up the revolution. Make Eritrean invade the Tigrayans. Destroy the oppositions military bases. Destroy their electricity and anything that could help them.

Conquering Ethiopia will be easy. Only if the Western world leaves us alone. Only if the 2 duos China and Russia don't interfere.

Why are you guys wishing bad things on Itoobiya? Massive QotiXabashi civil war could destabilize everywhere from Tadjoura to Maliindi to even Juba city of SouthSuudaan. And, the past problem in Itoobiya were the dictatorships oppeessing Hawd and Reseeved areas and Ogaadeeniya regions, not the average Xabash orQoti who had nothing to do witj those problems since they were more sedentary and docile

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Why are you guys wishing bad things on Itoobiya? Massive QotiXabashi civil war could destabilize everywhere from Tadjoura to Maliindi to even Juba city of SouthSuudaan. And, the past problem in Itoobiya were the dictatorships oppeessing Hawd and Reseeved areas and Ogaadeeniya regions, not the average Xabash orQoti who had nothing to do witj those problems since they were more sedentary and docile
ethiopia as country isn't based in solidarity but subjectgation of it's various ethnic group, tell yourself should a country exist where the majority are still opressed by the state and killed by there own police force?

ethiopia as country isn't based in solidarity but subjectgation of it's various ethnic group, tell yourself should a country exist where the majority are still opressed by the state and killed by there own police force?

Yes the STATE has oppressed Qotis, Xabash, Hawdians, Hararis, and Ogaadeeniis and others. So why wish for bad things on subjects of that STATE?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
How this is in the best interest of Somalia? Somalia is weak unstable country, it would be a nightmare if its neighbor country with 100 million balkanized.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How this is in the best interest of Somalia? Somalia is weak unstable country, it would be a nightmare if its neighbor country with 100 million balkanized.
They know they won't come into somalia with their enemies armed and ready for them. The best case scenario is they move to countries like sudan or kenya etc....etc.

Maximus

Lord Maximus
Sun Tzu said . ‘Divide your enemies’.

A divided ethiopia makes it easier to get the ogaden.

Tukraq

VIP
Until Somalia can stand on its own legs, Oromia will suffer. We will get back every region that was taken from us. We will include the muslims Oromos in our conquest.
Careful there buddy, why would you want to incorporate people that outnumber you? Sounds like suicide

Trending