Ethiopia introduces new currency Birr

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Time for Somalia to bring back the old Somalo currency, with new designs. No more Shilling

ES6pgmnWoAAYP3N

Time for Somalia to bring back the old Somalo currency, with new designs. No more Shilling

ES6pgmnWoAAYP3N

It's been 4 years! The government claimed they could release the notes by early 2019!

Look here!

PM Abiy is after TPLF's illegal stolen birr and illegal businesses. The introduction of the new currency was held secret and will be executed in 1 months making it very difficult for illegal money laundering. PM Abiy is drying up TPLF money sources. Prior to the new currency, the central bank issued a new directive making it very difficult to pay big money with cash. Every big money transaction now must go through the banking system and is monitored carefully. All in all, a very smart move if you ask me.

The Somali language has almost no Amharic loanwords.

It seems like Birr is the Agaw word for metal/silver and is not originally South Semitic/Ge'ez in Amharic.

May be that is true. I think in Tigrigna silver is called brur (?). May be both Amharic and Tigrigna got it from Agaw or it is vise versa, who knows.

Apollo

VIP
May be that is true. I think in Tigrigna silver is called brur (?). May be both Amharic and Tigrigna got it from Agaw or it is vise versa, who knows.

Tigrinya probably also got a lot of Cushitic loanwords.

The Eritrean president is named Afwerki and apparently the Af- part in his name means mouth (same as in Somali where Af means both mouth and language).

Tigrinya probably also got a bunch of Cushitic loanwords.

The Eritrean president is named Afwerki and apparently the Af- part in his name means mouth (same as in Somali).

Hmm that is interesting. Af also means mouth both in Amharic and Tigrigna. His name in Amharic is Afewerk, meaning the same i.e. "gold mouth" implying that the words/wisdom that comes from his mouth are gold worth. "Werk" (Amharic) and "werki" (Tigrigna) means gold.

Apollo

VIP
Hmm that is interesting. Af also means mouth both in Amharic and Tigrigna. His name in Amharic is Afewerk, meaning the same i.e. "gold mouth" implying that the words/wisdom that comes from his mouth are gold worth. "Werk" (Amharic) and "werki" (Tigrigna) means gold.

Gold in Somali is unfortunately an Arabic loanword (Dahab). :meleshame:

Perhaps the old Somali word for it may show similarity, but I don't know that one.

This is the biggest blow to Tigray region.

and they get away with inflation for a little bit with the introduction of a new 200 note never used before,

inflation is doing what a thousand armies could not do, slowly killing ethiopia from the inside and will make her people more angry as they face hunger,

and they get away with inflation for a little bit with the introduction of a new 200 note never used before,

inflation is doing what a thousand armies could not do, slowly killing ethiopia from the inside and will make her people more angry as they face hunger,
The more the oromo resistance continues the more its erodes Abyes power.
It is damaging Ethopias economy because Ormoia is the bread basket of Ethiopia and to be precise Addis Ababa.
The more the protests continue the.more life becomes unbearable for Addis residents as prices of goods start to be hyked.

Abye is trying to play smart he just donated highrise residential projects in Addis to Qerro.The mayor of Addis is the guy he is using to break Qerro.Alot of Amhara are very angry with Oromos getting free housing projects.

@Django

this is why Ethiopia is dying bro, they killed their currency, in 2009 1 dollar was around 8/9 birr, this chart is only 9 years data

imagine if $ went from buying 1 euro to 2.7 euroes, it make seem small but that is a massive loss of purchasing power and keep in mine this shyt hole economy cannot observe much inflation due to the shytty tiny economy, 3% of the GDP of the UK , yes 3% yet with several times more money beiing printed than the UK, its like a midget drinking several times more vodka than a 14 feet tall irish guy, who do yuo think will sruivve

and i love how the tplf created this much inflation and abiy and his gang have made it so much worse, they do not understand economics, the average habashi is so called economist is a Keynesian communist, its like how they treated urine with illnesses in the 1500s in europe kkkkkk

may Allah rot them and destroy them from the inside out insha Allah, amiin -the weaker their economy gets the more they will eat each other for the less jobs they will create, if any

1600182902616.png

Trending