End Tribalism in Politics

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Gadhwayne I don't think clannism is a major problem in day to day life but it dominates our politics which in turn poisons our society.

You are more likely to find qabiilist people in the diaspora than in Somalia.

That's my general standing on the issue.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
@Gadhwayne I don't think clannism is a major problem in day to day life but it dominates our politics which in turn poisons our society.

You are more likely to find qabiilist people in the diaspora than in Somalia.

That's my general standing on the issue.
Qabilism will never end because some people and clans are making money of it :sass2:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
If Somalia chooses the democratic route they should do it the right way.

Somalia should the end the 4.5 system backwards tribal system.

Then do anonymous voting, by voting for a the candidates policies and promises instead of there tribe.

example of policies a politician can advocate for -
1. Create a sewage system in Xamar,
2. Get the population 100% literate,
3. Start a postal system and get everybody I.D’s,
4. Reform the systems of food and aid distribution
5. phase electric grid planning to make sure that power plants produce the right amount of electricity to meet electric demand.
6.Tax khat 150% similar to developed nations do since the abusers burden to the healthcare system.
7. Set up anti corruption agency and pay them well so they crack down on any corrupted officials.
8. Get the whole population employed.
9. Ban the mentioning of any Qabil.

The country should mimic the United States model by letting states implement their own laws but still pay federal tax.

Tribalism is a backwards concept since we are all Somalis at the end of the day. You can’t just vote for somebody because they are same tribe as you otherwise you won’t develop the county forward.

All this can be done with a more powerful government, the issue currently is the government is still recovering its power after 30 years of lawlessness

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
All this can be done with a more powerful government, the issue currently is the government is still recovering its power after 30 years of lawlessness
Current government is shady and corrupt. N&N's only bargaining power is they're better than the opposition.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Current government is shady and corrupt. N&N's only bargaining power is they're better than the opposition.

I think they have handled their meager finances pretty decently by way of troops/gov civil service paid on time and a couple infrastructure projects like Afgoye highway, and a few ministry offices being reconstructed.

EcNfQwsXsAEIUsZ

EcNfQwlWkAE94wY

Last edited:

Trending