End Tribalism in Politics

If Somalia chooses the democratic route they should do it the right way.

Somalia should the end the 4.5 system backwards tribal system.

Then do anonymous voting, by voting for a the candidates policies and promises instead of there tribe.

example of policies a politician can advocate for -
1. Create a sewage system in Xamar,
2. Get the population 100% literate,
3. Start a postal system and get everybody I.D’s,
4. Reform the systems of food and aid distribution
5. phase electric grid planning to make sure that power plants produce the right amount of electricity to meet electric demand.
6.Tax khat 150% similar to developed nations do since the abusers burden to the healthcare system.
7. Set up anti corruption agency and pay them well so they crack down on any corrupted officials.
8. Get the whole population employed.
9. Ban the mentioning of any Qabil.

The country should mimic the United States model by letting states implement their own laws but still pay federal tax.

Tribalism is a backwards concept since we are all Somalis at the end of the day. You can’t just vote for somebody because they are same tribe as you otherwise you won’t develop the county forward.

Last edited:

reer

VIP
If Somalia chooses the democratic route they should do it the right way.

Somalia should the end the 4.5 system backwards tribal system.

Then do anonymous voting, by voting for a the candidates policies and promises instead of there tribe.

example of policies a politician can advocate for -
1. Create a sewage system in Xamar,
2. Get the population 100% literate,
3. Start a postal system and get everybody I.D’s,
4. Reform the systems of food and aid distribution
5. phase electric grid planning to make sure that power plants produce the right amount of electricity to meet electric demand.
6.Tax khat 150% similar to developed nations do since the abusers burden to the healthcare system.
7. Set up anti corruption agency and pay them well so they crack down on any corrupted officials.
8. Get the whole population employed.
9. Ban the mentioning of any Qabil.

The country should mimic the United States model by letting states implement their own laws but still pay federal tax.

Tribalism is a backwards concept since we are all Somalis at the end of the day. You can’t just vote for somebody because they are same tribe as you otherwise you won’t develop the county forward.
a skewed similar form of 4.5 was used in the 60s without the name. it was abolished through military rule. 4.5 will stay because clans will revolt over losing positions. 4.5 should be adjusted to fit other oppressed clans. somalis need a generation of brainwashing from qabyaalad and treachery. i would even go as far as choosing thousands of kids and the government give them special preferential raising away from their parents limited time with them to avoid somali xayawaanimo.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Tribe will always play a factor as each federal state is dominated by a qabiil.

Also, people will form alliances based on qabiil.

What you need to do, especially in unstable periods such as this, is actively counter qabyalaad biases or reduce the impact it has on governance.

Tribe will always play a factor as each federal state is dominated by a qabiil.

Also, people will form alliances based on qabiil.

What you need to do, especially in unstable periods such as this, is actively counter qabyalaad biases or reduce the impact it has on governance.
I truly believe if you outlaw it, and re educate the youth you could end it. Anything is is possible. But accepting the reality of the situation means you gave up.

a skewed similar form of 4.5 was used in the 60s without the name. it was abolished through military rule. 4.5 will stay because clans will revolt over losing positions. 4.5 should be adjusted to fit other oppressed clans. somalis need a generation of brainwashing from qabyaalad and treachery. i would even go as far as choosing thousands of kids and the government give them special preferential raising away from their parents limited time with them to avoid somali xayawaanimo.
That’s good idea, the youth are the future since they make up like 75% of the population there. Very young nation.

Also I don’t want to come across as a cocky diaspora, I just want to give some insight on what I see from the outside perspective since I never lived there.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The thing is OP (@KobeBryant ) that you have not reached a conclusion but rather the beginning walaal.

You have realised qabyalaad is bad and we should keep it away from politics.

However, when you look at the state Somalia is in at the moment as well as the prominence of qabiil in every level of Somalia’s political system (state/federal). You realise that we have to use qabiil to counter qabyalaad in politics.

All of your ideas are well and good but cannot be implemented by a government that cannot afford the time to do such a necessary overhaul. This is something for a stabilised Somalia.

A very depressing realisation, right?

A very quick and easy solution for the current times is to decree that a tribe that is dominant at the state level cannot hold the Pres/PM positions. This will abate bias and bickering until Somalia stabilises.

The thing is OP (@KobeBryant ) that you have not reached a conclusion but rather the beginning walaal.

You have realised qabyalaad is bad and we should keep it away from politics.

However, when you look at the state Somalia is in at the moment as well as the prominence of qabiil in every level of Somalia’s political system (state/federal). You realise that we have to use qabiil to counter qabyalaad in politics.

All of your ideas are well and good but cannot be implemented by a government that cannot afford the time to do such a necessary overhaul. This is something for a stabilised Somalia.

A very depressing realisation, right?

A very quick and easy solution for the current times is to decree that a tribe that is dominant at the state level cannot hold the Pres/PM positions. This will abate bias and bickering until Somalia stabilises.
For the ideas I had I didn’t mean for them to all be implemented at once that’s unrealistic. That’s atleast a 50 year plan if we’re lucky.

What I meant convey in the thread was that politicians should be elected based on ideas and plans like the list I posted. An anonymous vote where people vote on policies not Tribe.

Even if they don’t follow through with them that’s still a solid start, I’d rather have them be elected on promises like that rather than be voted into a position due a tribe there born with, that literally adds zero solutions to the issues facing the country.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
For the ideas I had I didn’t mean for them to all be implemented at once that’s unrealistic. That’s atleast a 50 year plan if we’re lucky.

What I meant convey in the thread was that politicians should be elected based on ideas and plans like the list I posted. An anonymous vote where people vote on policies not Tribe.

Even if they don’t follow through with them that’s still a solid start, I’d rather have them be elected on promises like that rather than be voted into a position due a tribe there born with, that literally adds zero solutions to the issues facing the country.

Anyone who denies your basic premise of people being elected for ideas over their lineage, does not have Somalia in their best interest.

All of us that love our country want this in the future walaal. However, it looks like we need it now more than ever, we can’t wait for Somalia to be stable to get rid of tribal dominance.

So we have to find other ways of levelling the field until we are in a position to institute regular elections and ideas over qabiil.

Horta wtf do y'all uneducated idiots not know the difference between tribalism, and clanism a tribe would be like a Dinka and luo they speak their own languages, and have their own cultures vs a clan which would be a darod or issaq 🥴

Horta wtf do y'all uneducated idiots not know the difference between tribalism, and clanism a tribe would be like a Dinka and luo they speak their own languages, and have their own cultures vs a clan which would be a darod or issaq 🥴
My bad, I meant Clanism not tribalism.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Well I've said before that Somalis are a tribe but apparently a few on here believe otherwise so
tenor-1,294.gif

i agree with the sentiment but I can only laugh reading this, somalis will applaud the message but will never emulate it/put it into practice, just like calls to end qabyalad in general is popular but people still do it

the vile hatred of other clans and qabyalad is deeply ingrained in somali society and in too many of us, it’ll take massive social re-engineering to change this

Trabilism have been either destroyed by force through natural disaster, dictator or capitalism. Voluntary giving up trabilism will not work. I think we should find a way to exploit trabilism to our benefit. If anything siad bare had the oppurintiy to end trabilism instead trabilism end it him.

Clanism is more specific but tribalism is on a spectrum from subclannism to what is knwon as call ethnonationalism of ethnic nations such as Dinkas/Luos. Clannism is a form of tribalism

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway clan base poitics is a reality on the ground. A gradual culture change might change it but for now you just try to mitigate that reality. Ignoring the reality of clan or ethnic loyalties/grievances allows terrorists swoop in as saviors of tribes that feel oppressed.

Also 4.5 formula is contributing to clan/ethnic grievances. I suggest removing all Isaaq from the formula since those Isaaq fugitives are larping as Dir. Give fugitives' seats to real Dir and minority ethnicities if the Irir confederation can agree to modifying 4.5 formula

Last edited:

Trending