Egal Daud: Ottawa's fifth homocide victim in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
King

The closest friends or relatives are 15 minutes away by car but my younger brother and a cousin don’t mind playing with them. There are also few Somali friends who come around and give them a pat. One of them started as a dog walker, but now owns a dog/cat wash business.

Aussie

That's very good that your younger brother and cousin are being independent. And making money as well.

King

I watched a Canadian show called the fifth estate about the murder of a young bloke called Abdinasir and his sister was then in jail in Jamaica. She was caught smuggling dope out of Jamaica with another Somali girl. The show was 3-4 years ago and it was questioning why so many young Somalis kill one another. One word: dysfunctional families. I was flabbergasted when i saw the dad (who moved on with another wife when they were children) claiming o be a community worker. Family comes first.

Aussie

Yeah man that's very common nowadays in some households. Faraaxs leaving their wife and kids for another wife is alright if he's in the children's lives IMO and providing them with food, shelter, money, etc. But if he abandons his children with no communication to his kids. That's what causes dysfunctional families in the community.

Last edited:
King

I watched a Canadian show called the fifth estate about the murder of a young bloke called Abdinasir and his sister was then in jail in Jamaica. She was caught smuggling dope out of Jamaica with another Somali girl. The show was 3-4 years ago and it was questioning why so many young Somalis kill one another. One word: dysfunctional families. I was flabbergasted when i saw the dad (who moved on with another wife when they were children) claiming o be a community worker. Family comes first.

Bro, i watched this documentary. The girl and her friend went to jamaica without letting their parents know. also how could they be stupid enough to travel under the pretence of a holiday. Something doesn't add up. the father was never in the picture. definitely a dysfunctional family.

Family doesn't exist in the Somali community here. The main problem lies with the parents. Some teens and young adults need a guiding hand while others can manage without. Peer pressure is a huge factor here among the high school cohort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts