Dutch court rules against Muslim man who refused to shave beard for job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man’s benefits were cut after he refused to be clean shaven for asbestos removal training.

3575.jpg

When the man refused on the basis of his religious convictions, Amersfoort city council suspended payments to both him and his wife for a month.

A Dutch court has backed the suspension of a Muslim man’s benefits over his refusal on religious grounds to shave his beard while on training for a job.

The unnamed man had been offered a job as an asbestos removal officer but was subsequently told he would need to be clean shaven in order to undergo the training course.

When he refused on the basis of his religious convictions, Amersfoort city council suspended payments to both him and his wife for a month under the Participatiewet, which provides a minimum income for every legal resident in the Netherlands.

The man appealed the decision at the court of central Netherlands, where he claimed that the removal of his benefits was an infringement of article nine of the European convention on human rights which protects the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.

The council argued that there was a danger of asbestos particles ending up in the man’s beard, which is harmful to his health. They added that his facial hair would also impact on the effectiveness of the respiratory mask he would need to wear.

Lawyers for the council went on to conclude that the man, who had been unemployed for two years, would have received an automatic job on completing his training and that they had to act in the interests of the taxpayer.

The man responded that he would have been willing to wear an alternative respiratory mask on the market suitable for those with beards but the court concluded that the training required the use of a specific mask.

The court’s appeal board ruled that the decision was “unmistakably an infringement of [the man’s] right to religious freedom” but that this was tolerable if there was a legal basis and society required it.

In the summing up the judges took into account the lack of any prospect of other employment given the man’s history including time in jail, psychological problems and a gambling addiction.

“The provision offered … did not involve any internship or training, but was provided with a job guarantee”, the court said. “For the appellant, the training was therefore an excellent, concrete chance for regular work …

“Due to the refusal to participate in the training, the appellant did not make use of the guaranteed opportunity to gain access to the labour market. As a result, he put undue pressure on the public funds to the detriment of those who, in solidarity, bear the costs of the provisions in the Participatiewet.”

The judges ruled that the suspension of payments was “deemed necessary in the interest of the protection of the rights and freedoms of others”.

The Dutch welfare system has undergone significant changes in recent years corresponding with a fall in unemployment from 6.9% in 2014 to around 3.9% today, the pre-financial crisis level. But real wage growth has been slow with work contracts being increasingly short-term.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...uts-muslim-mans-benefits-refusing-shave-beard

I would've let the ignorant ignoble to sign that he has no rights to sue the council if asbestos penetrates his system and becomes ill with cancer. What do you think?

Man’s benefits were cut after he refused to be clean shaven for asbestos removal training.

3575.jpg

When the man refused on the basis of his religious convictions, Amersfoort city council suspended payments to both him and his wife for a month.

A Dutch court has backed the suspension of a Muslim man’s benefits over his refusal on religious grounds to shave his beard while on training for a job.

The unnamed man had been offered a job as an asbestos removal officer but was subsequently told he would need to be clean shaven in order to undergo the training course.

When he refused on the basis of his religious convictions, Amersfoort city council suspended payments to both him and his wife for a month under the Participatiewet, which provides a minimum income for every legal resident in the Netherlands.

The man appealed the decision at the court of central Netherlands, where he claimed that the removal of his benefits was an infringement of article nine of the European convention on human rights which protects the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.

The council argued that there was a danger of asbestos particles ending up in the man’s beard, which is harmful to his health. They added that his facial hair would also impact on the effectiveness of the respiratory mask he would need to wear.

Lawyers for the council went on to conclude that the man, who had been unemployed for two years, would have received an automatic job on completing his training and that they had to act in the interests of the taxpayer.

The man responded that he would have been willing to wear an alternative respiratory mask on the market suitable for those with beards but the court concluded that the training required the use of a specific mask.

The court’s appeal board ruled that the decision was “unmistakably an infringement of [the man’s] right to religious freedom” but that this was tolerable if there was a legal basis and society required it.

In the summing up the judges took into account the lack of any prospect of other employment given the man’s history including time in jail, psychological problems and a gambling addiction.

“The provision offered … did not involve any internship or training, but was provided with a job guarantee”, the court said. “For the appellant, the training was therefore an excellent, concrete chance for regular work …

“Due to the refusal to participate in the training, the appellant did not make use of the guaranteed opportunity to gain access to the labour market. As a result, he put undue pressure on the public funds to the detriment of those who, in solidarity, bear the costs of the provisions in the Participatiewet.”

The judges ruled that the suspension of payments was “deemed necessary in the interest of the protection of the rights and freedoms of others”.

The Dutch welfare system has undergone significant changes in recent years corresponding with a fall in unemployment from 6.9% in 2014 to around 3.9% today, the pre-financial crisis level. But real wage growth has been slow with work contracts being increasingly short-term.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...uts-muslim-mans-benefits-refusing-shave-beard

I would've let the ignorant ignoble to sign that he has no rights to sue the council if asbestos penetrates his system and becomes ill with cancer. What do you think?
He doesnt have to take that job or make him sign a clause that states no suing for health later on.

He doesnt have to take that job or make him sign a clause that states no suing for health later on.

@Suldaanka

It looks like his skills to gain employment where he can work with his beard are limited, does the Council and the taxpayers pay for his welfare and his family? He would’ve accepted that beards are a health risk for cleaning asbestos and quietly moved on. Why do these types of Muslims consider that welfare is “halal” when it’s the tax collected from “haram and “halal” businesses?

@Suldaanka

It looks like his skills to gain employment where he can work with his beard are limited, does the Council and the taxpayers pay his welfare and his family? He would’ve accepted that beards are a health risk for cleaning asbestos and quietly moved on. Why do these types of Muslims consider that welfare is “halal” when it’s the tax collected from “haram and “halal” businesses?
Idk about welfare and its affairs. I think the media might have played it out for ulterior motives.
Of course he could have moved on. I had to leave many jobs dur to my beard and Allah always gives me better jobs. It's hard sometimes having a beard

Idk about welfare and its affairs. I think the media might have played it out for ulterior motives.
Of course he could have moved on. I had to leave many jobs dur to my beard and Allah always gives me better jobs. It's hard sometimes having a beard

@Suldaanka

Is the beard fard? You admitted to recently to have participated in a clan war against other Somali Muslims, is the beard more important than killing fellow Somali Muslims? Yaab.

@Suldaanka

Is the beard fard? You admitted to recently to have participated in a clan war against other Somali Muslims, is the beard more important than killing fellow Somali Muslims? Yaab.
I was protecting my family. It wasnt like i went out of my way. Why are you trying to twist this onto me. The beard is farad. Protection of your blood family and property is also farad.
Yaab badan

halwa

✨🌙
There are certain things which one has to do because out of necessity, such females being treated by male doctors and altering something religious to fit with the role, provided it does not cause anything haram on the individual.

I don’t understand why he had to go on such a fit. Asbestos is really deadly and he should have complied with the company rules. If he couldn’t comply and wanted to keep his beard, he should have looked for another job.

Some people are just too extreme. :hillarybiz:

There are certain things which one has to do because out of necessity, such females being treated by male doctors and altering something religious to fit with the role, provided it does not cause anything haram on the individual.

I don’t understand why he had to go on such a fit. Asbestos is really deadly and he should have complied with the company rules. If he couldn’t comply and wanted to keep his beard, he should have looked for another job.

Some people are just too extreme. :hillarybiz:

@halwa

The problem with these extremists is they consider welfare payments to be halal, because they will put so many hurdles to get a job. Most of these unemployed extremists Muslims who do da3wa on the streets in Britain are on some sort of fake mental health benefits.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

3575.jpg

This is not right. The dutch are the most liberal Europeans. I think they are showing tuff moves to discourage Muslims and Arabs, who do not have a good reputation based on many European terrorist attacks.

He should have shaved the dang thing off. Islam states u need to follow the law of the land or leave.

Period.

halwa

✨🌙
@halwa

The problem with these extremists is they consider welfare payments to be halal, because they will put so many hurdles to get a job. Most of these unemployed extremists Muslims who do da3wa on the streets in Britain are on some sort of fake mental health benefits.

How do you know about Britain? Most of them have been caught. Brain-washing people.

This is what happens when you make your own rules about the religion.

PS,
I knew there was something off about suldaanka.

He’s secretly part of shabab. Watch your backs everyone.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
How do you know about Britain? Most of them have been caught. Brain-washing people.

PS,

r u Marehaan?

PS,

I have always noticed those who act irreligious are always mentioning terrorist groups. Caadi iiska dhuga. Stop saying their names.

@AussieHustler how is this extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts