Dutch court rules against Muslim man who refused to shave beard for job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
It is wrong to discriminate someone on the bases of their beard, if the work force can tolerate and accommodate someone when they change genders, I think they should also be allowed to grow their beards too. :)

It is wrong to discriminate someone on the bases of their beard, if the work force can tolerate and accommodate someone when they change genders, I think they should also be allowed to grow their beards too. :)

@Jiron

That’s not discrimination, it’s for his own health benefits because respirators don’t work with facial hair or even glasses. Otherwise, he will be exposed to asbestos that would definitely kill him painfully.

@Shemshak

Sxb, we are only discussing these extremists and sometimes @Suldaanka likes to insert himself and be considered as such, while willing to slaughter his Somali tribal foes. A fake sheikh like most tribalist Somalis are.

Do you consider growing a beard is fard in Islam?

What is the point of the question? Cause if you wanted to know the answer for purposes of knowledge, you could have googled. Something I would do to give you an answer.

I transfer the responsibility of finding the answer to your question from me to you. Google it away and share what you find.

PS: Do you realize you referred to me as Shemshak which is a city in Iran? I googled it out of curiosity. You must have been there or read about it for you to incidentally call me that in your post. What are the chances of you using it without prior knowledge of the city?

Last edited:
Shemshak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemshak

598.jpg

@Schematics

Sxb, first, my apologies messing up with your name and secondly, thanks for educating us about that lovely Iranian name and city. Moreover, I did exactly what you told me and googled the question, but it just added to my confusion, I found those who say, it is fard (Salafis) and those who say, it is not. Which team do you agree with?

The Salafis.

Question
What is the ruling on shaving the beard or removing part of it?

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.” There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo’: “This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis].”

Is it haraam (to shave it)? Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The Qur’aan, Sunnah and ijmaa’ (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the kuffaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside. Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians.” According to another version: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad) ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1189/ruling-on-shaving-the-beard

Non Salafis (Not fard, but sunnah)

Islamic Ruling on Growing Beard

As for your question, we’d like to state that growing beard is a great Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). However, Muslims differed regarding its ruling some of them state that it is mandatory and shaving it is forbidden while others view that it is an optional Sunnah and hence there is no harm in shaving it. What to be stressed here is that beard in Islam does not have the same religious significance as that of the other prescribed rituals. Thus it is important for us to recognize that we are not allowed to ostracize men who do not have beards nor are we to question their basic faith.

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=986

Is keeping beard Fard?

Keeping a beard cannot be considered an obligatory command of the Prophet (saws), but rather it was his Sunnah, and the Sunnah of the all the Prophets before him.

http://islamhelpline.net/node/1625

Like the Salafis, @Suldaanka mentioned that it is fard, and since other Muslims believe it isn't and should be considered Sunnah, so which camp does your view correspond with?

@Schematics

Sxb, first, my apologies messing up with your name and secondly, thanks for educating us about that lovely Iranian name and city. Moreover, I did exactly what you told me and googled the question, but it just added to my confusion, I found those who say, it is fard (Salafis) and those who say, it is not. Which team do you agree with?

The Salafis.

Question
What is the ruling on shaving the beard or removing part of it?

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.” There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo’: “This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis].”

Is it haraam (to shave it)? Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The Qur’aan, Sunnah and ijmaa’ (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the kuffaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside. Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians.” According to another version: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad) ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1189/ruling-on-shaving-the-beard

Non Salafis (Not fard, but sunnah)

Islamic Ruling on Growing Beard

As for your question, we’d like to state that growing beard is a great Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). However, Muslims differed regarding its ruling some of them state that it is mandatory and shaving it is forbidden while others view that it is an optional Sunnah and hence there is no harm in shaving it. What to be stressed here is that beard in Islam does not have the same religious significance as that of the other prescribed rituals. Thus it is important for us to recognize that we are not allowed to ostracize men who do not have beards nor are we to question their basic faith.

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=986

Is keeping beard Fard?

Keeping a beard cannot be considered an obligatory command of the Prophet (saws), but rather it was his Sunnah, and the Sunnah of the all the Prophets before him.

http://islamhelpline.net/node/1625

Like the Salafis, @Suldaanka mentioned that it is fard, and since other Muslims believe it isn't and should be considered Sunnah, so which camp does your view correspond with?

I have news for you. Forget about extreme views or moderate views. If you like women like me, their ideas are important and what they think of a dude with healthy beard. Many think it is sexy and manly. Nowadays beardy guys are considered real men. Days when clean shaven guys were given priority over the rough looking dudes with a beard long enough to hug their belly are over mate.

If my woman wants me to grow one, she gets it though I have no hair to speak of on my skin. I don't grow hair that easy nin yohow.

I am the middle road guy, I respect people's choices if it makes sense and hurts no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts