DP World to develop free zone in Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRACO

VIP
How much does a plot of land cost in Berbera?:patrice:
No idea, but it has skyrocketed since uae announced investments.
Berbera is the industrial zone of somaliland it is such a beautiful place.
Last i was there was in 2012 will be visiting again hopefully soon to see the development.

DRACO

VIP
Whats a free zone ?
Free economic zone, designated areas in which companies are taxed very lightly or not at all in order to encourage economic activity. Free tradezone, an area in which goods may be landed, handled, manufactured or reconfigured, and reexported without the intervention of customs authorities.

Dubai ports operator DP World has announced plans to develop an economic free zone next to the port of Berbera it operates in Somaliland.

Berbera Free Zone (BFZ) will be based on the same model behind DP World’s Jebel Ali Free Zone in its home market.

It aims to attract investment, encourage trade, create jobs and make Berbera the gateway port for the region.

The zone will be developed in phases with the first encompassing 4.0 square kilometres of land out of the 12.2 square kilometres set said for the project.

Each new phase will start once the previous one receives 85 per cent occupancy, with tenants expected to include warehousing, logistics, trade, manufacturing and other businesses.

DP World said the project capital investment required for the project would be detailed in a concept plan.

Other details will be finalised after Somaliland’s elections on November 13.

“We are excited by Somaliland’s development opportunities which has parallels with the start of our own growth in Dubai and the UAE,” said DP World Group chairman and CEO Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem.

“Our vision is to make Berbera a trading and transportation hub for the Horn of Africa and we look forward to achieving this together.”

The company said it had seen a 40 per cent increase in container volumes at the port in September 2017 compare to the same period in 2016.

It is also expanding the port operation including a 400m container terminal.

- Makes sense, but I doubt much would change since the deal was approved by parliament.

- This rebuts the naysayers who assumed activity at the port stagnated after DP World took control. Instead, container volumes increased by 40% in Sept 2017 compared to Sept 2016.

Jeesto

VIP
I heard the land prices have
Become very expensive.

:hillarybiz: i just want
My beach house there
Insha'Allah
Haa dee. I wanna have a nice modern house like this overlooking the Berbera sea.:lawd:
w1900xh1900-sm-VillaStark_Exterior-Main-Villa_Main-Pool-2.jpg

No idea, but it has skyrocketed since uae announced investments.
Berbera is the industrial zone of somaliland it is such a beautiful place.
Last i was there was in 2012 will be visiting again hopefully soon to see the development.
Yeah it's really a beautiful place but it has been neglected by the government.:jcoleno: The old town is crumbling and will not exist in 30 years time if something is not done ASAP. We must preserve and restore it at all cost.:wow:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Haa dee. I wanna have a nice modern house like this overlooking the Berbera sea.:lawd:
w1900xh1900-sm-VillaStark_Exterior-Main-Villa_Main-Pool-2.jpg

Yeah it's really a beautiful place but it has been neglected by the government.:jcoleno: The old town is crumbling and will not exist in 30 years time if something is not done ASAP. We must preserve and restore it at all cost.:wow:
Its the same with all cities coastal and inland but preserving things is not a Somali trait
I heard the land prices have
Become very expensive.

:hillarybiz: i just want
My beach house there
Insha'Allah

honestly how expensive can it be? whats the cost of 500 m2 of land in Berbera by the beach

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Its the same with all cities coastal and inland but preserving things is not a Somali trait

honestly how expensive can it be? whats the cost of 500 m2 of land in Berbera by the beach

It depends on who's buying:ivers: I don't recall you being eligible :birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending