DP World may be repeating a tactic from before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
And is the lease payment of 30 million a year or 30 million for the entire 20 year period?

It has to be a year, because Puntland makes more than $40 million a year in revenue from the port now. I don't think Gaas is willing to risk totally the entire budget of the state. I think the agreement is for 30 years. I won't mind getting robbed by DP World as long as they expand the port. But if they don't start expanding it in the next 1 or 2 years, it is best we go to arbitration so as to not lose even more time and potential revenue.

You can trust Chinese and Western corporations to mostly stick to their word, Arab companies are not very businesslike. You have to remember you are dealing with people who are descendants of goat fuckers.

Like I posted before, Berbera is the carrot in case the court ruling on Djibouti port goes bad and Guelleh decides to kick them out.

Bosaaso is just a protection on investment to ensure no one else gets there before them to threatened them, because Qatar held talks, hence paranoia.

There is no surprise when Turkey came to Koonfur these parasites followed and when the French showed interest in Berbera the vulture once again came to the table to protect their original investments.

You reap what you have sown, when I was posting all of this! I was called a qabiilist that doesn't want to see developments take place in those regions, no need to backtrack right now after ululating like wild animals and show regrets now that the ship has sailed

@Thegoodshepherd

You are assuming some single term president that knows he is on his way out really cares, this dude was broke and used to stay in a house in Gaalkacayo because he couldn't pay for security, now he has mansions all over Dubai, were do you think he got all that money from?

The conflict with him and Faroole as I had wrote before had to do with Gaas breaking protocol regarding this deal with the funds going to a personal account rather then the P/land coffers, you laughed at me then, just as you laughed when I told the realities of this deal, just as the secessionist laughed back on somalinent, history just keeps repeating.

DP World's deals on the ports of Berbera and Bosaso could be a a way of crippling either port in favor of Djibouti which is the biggest African port managed by DP World. It is also possible that the real deal is Berbera and that DP World is trying to do to Bosaso what it did to Aden. DP World is not to be trusted and these deals are starting to look not very good.

https://www.ft.com/content/e64e90fe-8644-11e2-ad73-00144feabdc0

https://www.ft.com/content/f10ea7f6-00aa-11e2-9dfc-00144feabdc0

Meanwhile Djibouti boomed
http://www.joc.com/port-news/termin...l-benefits-domestic-consumption_20160307.html

im not familiar with the berbera port,
As for the bossaso port they are gonna invest up to $400 million they will expand the current one and build a containership port aswell, stop thinking about the pesky Somali and Ethiopian markets and think outside the box, 20 000 ships pass our coast every year DP world has access to this market and they are dominating it, transshipment will be top priority for the container port and on a stragetic port like bossaso a killing will be made and dp world is the partner we need real investors with the right connections and puntland collects not only 50% of the revenues but also tax.

This is amazing with the exceptions of @LarryThePuntite who gave a breakdown based purely on numbers and brother @Rorschach who understands the greater implications.

Every other poster is either a blind supporter or one that is wailing in lamentation as a result of his earlier support. The lack of critical thinking beyond this is just amazing.

The only benefit as Larry poster explained in regards to Bosaaso which is very poorly run with items regularly disappearing, is that this MAY stop due to a more professional administration, but ANYTHING beyond this and to believe they will containerise/modernise ALL and as a result eat away at their own profits in Dubai/Djibouti is a lunatic type of thinking especially when you factor in the infrastructure required as I posted a few months back.

Guelleh in his latest interview were he said the infrastructure alone for Somaliland would cost 400 million, while smiling he added "Were will they get this financing from?"

Even in a best case scenario and we assume the UAE is serious! it will still have to pick one as it's too expensive to do both, Djibouti can simply drop their prices a little and it will offset everything! UAE is not China and does not build railroads like the one linking Djibouti with Ethiopia cutting down duration of trade by more then a 1/3 for Ethiopia. Which ever way you look at this its a UTTER FAILURE and the port in Yemen is proof of what will happen.

Their stocks will temporarily rise but quickly fall when the realities set in! Like in Yemen they will not invest, collect free money and so will Ethiopia until you pay them many millions to GO AWAY, in the end they profit just as they profited in Yemen while the people will loose, but the Somaliland/Puntland elites will gain and laugh all the way to the bank retiring in their villas in Duabi laughing at how they duped you all.

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
This is amazing with the exceptions of @LarryThePuntite who gave a breakdown based purely on numbers and brother @Rorschach who understands the greater implications.

Every other poster is either a blind supporter or one that is wailing in lamentation as a result of his earlier support. The lack of critical thinking beyond this is just amazing.

The only benefit as Larry poster explained in regards to Bosaaso which is very poorly run with items regularly disappearing, is that this MAY stop due to a more professional administration, but ANYTHING beyond this and to believe they will containerise/modernise ALL and as a result eat away at their own profits in Dubai/Djibouti is a lunatic type of thinking especially when you factor in the infrastructure required as I posted a few months back.

Guelleh in his latest interview were he said the infrastructure alone for Somaliland would cost 400 million, while smiling he added "Were will they get this financing from?"

Even in a best case scenario and we assume the UAE is serious! it will still have to pick one as it's too expensive to do both, Djibouti can simply drop their prices a little and it will offset everything! UAE is not China and does not build railroads like the one linking Djibouti with Ethiopia cutting down duration of trade by more then a 1/3 for Ethiopia. Which ever way you look at this its a UTTER FAILURE and the port in Yemen is proof of what will happen.

Their stocks will temporarily rise but quickly fall when the realities set in! Like in Yemen they will not invest, collect free money and so will Ethiopia until you pay them many millions to GO AWAY, in the end they profit just as they profited in Yemen.
It's paving the way for a strong central government to sweep through Somalia inshallah. It's a blessing in disguise if you think about it. How can they be so dumb to not understand that they are being played? Then you realize that the plan of Allah is greater.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
@Thegoodshepherd

You are assuming some single term president that knows he is on his way out really cares, this dude was broke and used to stay in a house in Gaalkacayo because he couldn't pay for security, now he has mansions all over Dubai, were do you think he got all that money from?

The conflict with him and Faroole as I had wrote before had to do with Gaas breaking protocol regarding this deal with the funds going to a personal account rather then the P/land coffers, you laughed at me then, just as you laughed when I told the realities of this deal, just as the secessionist laughed back on somalinent, history just keeps repeating.

Our politicians are different from yours in that they actually care about their people and have the people's trust. I trust Gaas to do what is best for PL just like I trusted Faroole. I fully trust my political representatives and believe that they will almsot always further the interests of PL.

The sad thing is that the same is not true for people in South Somalia. You lack cohesiveness and this leads to politicians like HSM who are unable to free their own home town from Alshabab even after 4 years in power. Your people failed politically because your politicians continue to sell you out. Hence the Ethiopians in Dhusomareeb, Beledweyne, Buulo Burte, the Madow Africans in Middle Shabeele, Banadir and Lower Shabeele etc...
I trust in my leaders, you can't and that is the difference.

Everything about Madows you posted is a result of your adeer treachery that brought foreigners into the country whom you adore and support, this is not the first time in history this has happened, if you had any shame, you wouldn't bring this up.

The terrorists you talk about, you are one of their biggest financiers, don't take my words for it, the proof is below, a whole ship from your uncle loaded with weapons for Shabab was caught in Kismaayo by Ahmed Madoobe militia's highly publicised at that time, I even made a thread about it here.
http://radiodalsan.com/en/weapon-cache-seized-at-kismayo-port/
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/puntland-business-man-weapons-cargo-caught-kismaayo.18416/

I can continue with more and more evidence but you get the gist! it destroys the moral high ground you sought to claim, but as history attests, when you stoke the fires in other people's homes soon those same fires will begin to engulf you and we see the ramifications today and it will get worse.

You can't compare S/land and P/land with Koonfur that is far bigger, has a far bigger populations, more states, regions and clan demographics.

The mental occupation model applied to S/land and P/land doesn't work in Koonfur, hence they have to switch to the a brutal physical occupation model because the people are resisting them.

The proof is in the pudding, Liyuu massacred both P/land and S/land people and both states did nothing despite being under no physical occupation, were as in Koonfur there was a bloody retaliatory reprisal attacks against Liyuu police despite the physical occupation, both in Mudug/Galgaluud/Hiiraan

You cannot have cohesiveness at times of physical occupation courtesy of the treachery of your forefathers.

It's paving the way for a strong central government to sweep through Somalia inshallah. It's a blessing in disguise if you think about it. How can they be so dumb to not understand that they are being played? Then you realize that the plan of Allah is greater.

I absolutely agree, this blow back will be far worse then anything that happened in Koonfur, and the financial ramification will totally bankrupt them, the people in those regions generally don't have the same tolerance threshold as those in Koonfur, they will go absolutely crazy! when the realities kick in and hence as you said pave the way for a strong centralised government.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
The problem is much deeper than what AY aun is accused of doing. The problem is that koonfur has too many clan in too small a space. The only thing that can bind these diverse clans together is religion, since they all don't speak the same language! The problem is that organizing around religion is dangerous these days as it brings extremism along for the ride.

I fully support what AY did because the ICU that your people created was a direct threat to the safety of my lands. If the choice is between having Ethiopia and Amisom burn your house down instead of you burning mine, then so be it. There is no moral higher ground here, only interests. You see, AY was working for the interests of his people in Galkayo when he supported the Ethiopian intervention. For whose interests were your politicians who supported the intervention working for? I trusted AY knowing he would work on my behalf, and he did everything he could to keep PL stable. Did you trust that Geedi and Qeybdiid were working on your behalf?

Ask yourself this question: why should anyone from Puntland support the ending of Amisom's occupation of the south, if the only outcome is the takeover of the South by Alshabab almost immediately and then attacking Puntland?

The problem is much deeper than what AY aun is accused of doing. The problem is that koonfur has too many clan in too small a space. The only thing that can bind these diverse clans together is religion, since they all don't speak the same language! The problem is that organizing around religion is dangerous these days as it brings extremism along for the ride.

I fully support what AY did because the ICU that your people created was a direct threat to the safety of my lands. If the choice is between having Ethiopia and Amisom burn your house down instead of you burning mine, then so be it. There is no moral higher ground here, only interests. You see, AY was working for the interests of his people in Galkayo when he supported the Ethiopian intervention. For whose interests were your politicians who supported the intervention working for? I trusted AY knowing he would work on my behalf, and he did everything he could to keep PL stable. Did you trust that Geedi and Qeybdiid were working on your behalf?

Ask yourself this question: why should anyone from Puntland support the ending of Amisom's occupation of the south, if the only outcome is the takeover of the South by Alshabab almost immediately and then attacking Puntland?
Didn't u say u want Somalia to be weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending