Don’t expect somalis to exceed in the west anytime soon....

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The elders brought the young ones along with them as sponsorship is family based. I don't know how you can talk the way you are talking about Somali elders yourself being a semi-retired female who herself was on the dole at some point in the past.

Have some shame and stop bad-mouthing somali elders.
Semi retired? Awww, I must have hit a nerve. Hey scumbag, Incase you didn’t know, I’ve the right to state my opinion. It’s not my fault that I brought up your illiterate elder family members.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I meet so many Somali professionals and university students studying S.T.E.M all the time and I couldn't be more proud. With that said, I also see many Somalis working hard at their regular jobs putting food on the table and raising their family. I think we are doing good and I believe the future is even brighter for us considering we been here for less than 30 years :)

Semi retired? Awww, I must have hit a nerve. Hey scumbag, Incase you didn’t know, I’ve the right to state my opinion. It’s not my fault that I brought up your illiterate elder family members.

Both of my parents are dead and never came to the US. My uncle who lives here has an engineering degree from Rome but is retired and can not work. He did work actually for at least ten years. He is of old age now and has health issues, so he can not work.

That is as far as elder relatives go for me in America. What about you? The entire Cedar area somalis are related to you but you still think they are garbage.

PS: I like your feisty attitude though. You would make a good wife who can take a beating. Women who can fight are sexy.

Gibiin-Udug

Both of my parents are dead and never came to the U\S. My uncle who lives here has an egnineering degree from Rome but is retired and can not work. He did work actually for at least ten years. He is of old age now and has health issues, so he can not work.

That is far as elder relatives go for me in America. What about you? The entire Cedar area are related to you but you still think they are garbage.

PS: I like your feisty attitude though. You would make a good wife who can take a beating.

What’s with losers creating multi nicks just to talk shit, come back with your original nick and stop quoting me. Ufff

What’s with losers creating multi nicks just to talk shit, come back with your original nick and stop quoting me. Ufff

I guessed where you live because majority of Somalis who log into forums are from:

-Seattle area
-Minnesota
-Ohio

I rarely saw a somali claim they live somewhere else.

not true most start ups are in the US or china and have the best markets to exploit due to spending power and population size, no need for the "west" blanket as there obviously not a monolith nor comparable, china and the US would be your best bet, which is why almost all world investment goes to the US and not these third world nations like Chad and Afghanistan that theoretically can give you a bigger return for your buck due to growth rate, follow the money
That's mostly in tech and the majority of them never get off the ground and the failure rates are ridiculous well over 70% and only 5-10% of them ever make it big.

Of course those that succeed big in the west will always significantly dwarf anything in the developing world, but that's just the 10% at the top, your unlikely to break into that as an individual

Unless of course you want to be wage slave and even then the competition is fierce, your comparing apples and oranges here.

It's easier to build a business in a developing country and make it rich then it is for you to work as a wage slave for one of those few startups that make it, never-mind running it yourself.

You are also not factoring in that 1 million in a developing country will take you much further then the same million you make in the West.

@SilverL

most of the Somalis in the diaspora still live in ghetto government housing whether they live in Melbourne, Manchester, Malmo or in Minneapolis and have been told to buy a house with a mortgage is the most gravelly sin they can commit while other Muslims were told that it’s a necessity for them and the welfare of their children if they could buy a house. You will see them buying fancy cars taking loans on weddings and still paying more interest rates than mortgages because it’s a personal loan. Now, you see many second generation of Somalis (first born in the diaspora) hosting fancy weddings, buying expensive furniture only to live in these projects. There is something terribly wrong with how we choose and pick Islam, view of ourselves and the world.

Tukraq

VIP
That's mostly in tech and the majority of them never get off the ground and the failure rates are ridiculous well over 70% and only 5-10% of them ever make it big.

Of course those that succeed big in the west will always significantly dwarf anything in the developing world, but that's just the 10% at the top, your unlikely to break into that as an individual

Unless of course you want to be wage slave and even then the competition is fierce, your comparing apples and oranges here.

It's easier to build a business in a developing country and make it rich then it is for you to work as a wage slave for one of those few startups that make it, never-mind running it yourself.

You are also not factoring in that 1 million in a developing country will take you much further then the same million you make in the West.
not just tech but every sector, remember those in developing countries are dirt poor and have no buying power, meaning your making marginal gains at best selling peanuts, china and the US have massive markets who are also big time consumers and spenders(unlike the rest of the world which is why I rejected the "west" notion) its far more easier to make money off a business in the US than it is in say Burundi(what can you even sell there? food?), yes money goes further there but there quality of life is so horrible its not worth it, and at the end of the day money is money, 100k as a mom and pop shop owner in Memphis is still better than 20k In Nepal although you maybe be better of comparative to the people your living around, why compete with the lowest of the low, when even the lowest in the US live better lives than the best in the third world

Gibiin-Udug

I guessed where you live because majority of Somalis who log into forums are from:

-Seattle area
-Minnesota
-Ohio

I rarely saw a somali claim they live somewhere else.
I live in Africa, Nairobi to be precise. Waryaa you are wrong to assume things.

Some automation will occur, bc it’s more cost-effective to upkeep a machine than it is to a pay someone a living wage with benefits. The thing is, there will always be other jobs they can do for the forseeable future. Automation is real, just not to the extent it’s fearmongered.

People have always had dead-end jobs, and gone back done something else with their life after training or education. But they’re treating truckers, call center workers, and supermarket staff like they’re special in that regard. Plenty more others before them have had this experience, and the sort of jobs that tend to be automated are mind-numbing, repetitive ones where you don’t use your intellect.
Some automation has already been occurring since the dawn of technology I’m just saying it won’t happen on a mass scale where people because most businesse sectors depend on households as their spenders so they know they can’t get rid of them as their laborers @Tukraq you brought up a creditor and oil giant but think about how companies like Walmart and Amazon would do in 80% of the population as living in poverty, at least people would still need to buy their basics but think esp about companies that sell luxury items.

I don't understand why the United States would bring Somali refugees, espicially older ones. They don't bring anything to the table, they refuse to learn the language, refuse to work by claiming fake disability. What the point tbh. Bring in the younger ones because atleast they will be able to go to school, get education, jobs.
Old people are better. It’s their kids that are messing up. Now their getting addicted to opioids like a bunch of idiots who don’t know any better. Old people at least they just drive their taxis or whatever

Tukraq

VIP
Some automation has already been occurring since the dawn of technology I’m just saying it won’t happen on a mass scale where people because most businesse sectors depend on households as their spenders so they know they can’t get rid of them as their laborers @Tukraq you brought up a creditor and oil giant but think about how companies like Walmart and Amazon would do in 80% of the population as living in poverty, at least people would still need to buy their basics but think esp about companies that sell luxury items.
like I said there would be no need or jobs when AI could do it more efficiently and cheaper, basically like slave labor, why in the world would we need humans to work? we won't, a UBI for all American citizens and business owners controlling said AI will be the only distinctions as tech advances, AI can produce, and sell luxury items which purchasers can use there UBI or company profits to buy

like I said there would be no need or jobs when AI could do it more efficiently and cheaper, basically like slave labor, why in the world would we need humans to work? we won't, a UBI for all American citizens and business owners controlling said AI will be the only distinctions as tech advances, AI can produce, and sell luxury items which purchasers can use there UBI or company profits to buy
my dear brother, seriously don’t fall for the hype. These people want so badly to program people into thinking they have more power and knowledge than they have to scare them and use something called trauma programming. They will never be able to fully automate even if they wanted to because their designs are all flawed

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
@SilverL

most of the Somalis in the diaspora still live in ghetto government housing whether they live in Melbourne, Manchester, Malmo or in Minneapolis and have been told to buy a house with a mortgage is the most gravelly sin they can commit while other Muslims were told that it’s a necessity for them and the welfare of their children if they could buy a house. You will see them buying fancy cars taking loans on weddings and still paying more interest rates than mortgages because it’s a personal loan. Now, you see many second generation of Somalis (first born in the diaspora) hosting fancy weddings, buying expensive furniture only to live in these projects. There is something terribly wrong with how we choose and pick Islam, view of ourselves and the world.

Benefit fraud and interest it not.

The biggest problems with 1st world countries is stagnation and slow grow

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
You wont make much money here, the competition is too stiff and the laws are rigged against you, there is hardly any growth in the west, people are getting poorer and poorer.

You will have to migrate to a third world country or a developing one to make enough money to retire early in great comforts too, you are 100x more likely to make it big there then you are in the rigged west.

The west is only good for being a slave employee to a cooperation as opposed to being an entrepreneur or running your own successful business.

If your conditioned with the slave mentality of working for others, then of course you are better off here.

Unfortunately not everyone can be an entrepreneur if you want an advanced economy with plenty of specialization.

That's unless you want us all to be homesteading and self sufficient?