Don’t expect somalis to exceed in the west anytime soon....

I can’t speak for other countries but I know here in the United states we have so many recent refugeess. I mean if there are so many new refugees every year I don’t know how anyone expects most people won’t be reporting poverty or living in govt housing. Simple math!

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The scary part is that most older Geeljire in the west work in jobs that will be automated in the next 10 years.

From Uber drivers to factory work.

The younger generation will definitely do better but it's not looking too good overall for our future prospects.

Maybe enough of a reason to migrate back to Somalia? We won't be automating shit there for another century.

VixR

Veritas
Somalis need to stop congregating. They’re up to no good when they’re up each others’ noses. The culture doesn’t propagate success. It’s too nepotistic and co-dependent, without ambition, and without a focus on education, or self-reliance.

The scary part is that most older Geeljire in the west work in jobs that will be automated in the next 10 years.

The younger generation will definitely do better but it's not looking too good overall for our future prospects.

Maybe enough of a reason to migrate back to Somalia? We won't be automating shit there for another century.
I don’t believe in this automation stuff

1.) it would be more harmful to the economy and their bottom line in the long run and most employers recognize that

2.) it’s a form of trauma preparation and conditioning

I can’t speak for other countries but I know here in the United states we have so many recent refugeess. I mean if there are so many new refugees every year I don’t know how anyone expects most people won’t be reporting poverty or living in govt housing. Simple math!
They should lower the migrants coming in from Somalia, it's not the 90s or 00s anymore let people stay in their country and build it

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I don’t believe in this automation stuff

1.) it would be more harmful to the economy and their bottom line in the long run and most employers recognize that

2.) it’s a form of trauma preparation and conditioning

The poorer the peasants the more power the rich have over them.

It'll be feudalism all over again but with much more stable rule for those at the top.

Believe whatever you want but when you're living off basic incomei n a couple decades with no way out of poverty then don't say you weren't warned.

It'll be feudalism all over again but with much more stable rule for those at the top.

Believe whatever you want but when you're living off basic incomei n a couple decades with no way out of poverty then don't say you weren't warned.
Nah they have the most power creating hedonist slaves under a capitalist system so they need heavy consumers for that. The last thing they’d would do is take materialism away from the public then they’d lose all their trump cards. I’m telling you all this automation talk is just another way to scare the masses and send them into distress mode

@TheShinning I don’t know but the damage is done:/

VixR

Veritas

A lot of Somalis have self-selected for UBI voluntarily.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VixR

Veritas
Nah they have the most power creating hedonist slaves under a capitalist system so they need heavy consumers for that. The last thing they’d would do is take materialism away from the public then they’d lose all their trump cards. I’m telling you all this automation talk is just another way to scare the masses and send them into distress mode

Some automation will occur, bc it’s more cost-effective to upkeep a machine than it is to a pay someone a living wage with benefits. The thing is, there will always be other jobs they can do for the forseeable future. Automation is real, just not to the extent it’s fearmongered.

People have always had dead-end jobs, and gone back done something else with their life after training or education. But they’re treating truckers, call center workers, and supermarket staff like they’re special in that regard. Plenty more others before them have had this experience, and the sort of jobs that tend to be automated are mind-numbing, repetitive ones where you don’t use your intellect.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I don't understand why the United States would bring Somali refugees, espicially older ones. They don't bring anything to the table, they refuse to learn the language, refuse to work by claiming fake disability. What the point tbh. Bring in the younger ones because atleast they will be able to go to school, get education, jobs.

I don't understand why the United States would bring Somali refugees, espicially older ones. They don't bring anything to the table, they refuse to learn the language, refuse to work by claiming fake disability. What the point tbh. Bring in the younger ones because atleast they will be able to go to school, get education, jobs.

The elders brought the young ones along with them as sponsorship is family based. I don't know how you can talk the way you are talking about Somali elders yourself being a semi-retired female who herself was on the dole at some point in the past.

Have some shame and stop bad-mouthing somali elders.

Tukraq

VIP

all jobs can be automated

Tukraq

VIP
immigration when it comes to refugees has nothing to do with bringing things to the table, just taking them out of danger

Some of you need to be aware this website is an open forum that draws all kinds of people. There is high interest in Somali affairs and some look up somali forums to do a reporting or get in touch with the community. This forum and others are therefore the first contact to the somali community.

Please, represent your the community truthfully. No community is perfect but weigh your contribution with regards to somali issues.

Lets educate others about ourselves as fitting for a community. Some of you are useless with keyboards and an internet access.

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP

neoclassical economic theory is all about the profit thats why automation will happen and take over every sector, remember poor Americans still spend as they have in the past, under the robber Barron age the average American was as poor as ever but we also saw the richest most empowered citizens with the Morgans, and rockefeller's of the world, that would be an ideal situation for them

immigration when it comes to refugees has nothing to do with bringing things to the table, just taking them out of danger

And the fact that these refugees will be filling low wage jobs. The US government calculus for refugee sponsorhsip is not only saving them from danger but to extend oppostunities to these people to better themselves.

That is why Somalis do the hardest jobs like meat packing and chicken processing first. Then they move on to driving buses for schools or for the city as they get established. The younger ones are mostly enrolled in colleges.

As far as progress is concerned., somalis moved in the right direction. Most somali adults younger than 45 are professionals. At least in America.

Tukraq

VIP
A lot of Somalis have self-selected for UBI voluntarily.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so what, were just ahead of the curve, in 50 years there won't probably even be a such thing as jobs, just UBI and ownership of production, what makes jobs even intrinsically valuable anyways? truth is its not, it will be a thing of the past as automation takes that role and we collectively eat from its production

You wont make much money here, the competition is too stiff and the laws are rigged against you, there is hardly any growth in the west, people are getting poorer and poorer.

You will have to migrate to a third world country or a developing one to make enough money to retire early in great comforts too, you are 100x more likely to make it big there then you are in the rigged west.

The west is only good for being a slave employee to a cooperation as opposed to being an entrepreneur or running your own successful business.

If your conditioned with the slave mentality of working for others, then of course you are better off here.

Tukraq

VIP
You wont make much money here, the competition is too stiff and the laws are rigged against you, there is hardly any growth in the west, people are getting poorer and poorer.

You will have to migrate to a third world country or a developing one to make enough money to retire early in great comforts too, you are 100x more likely to make it big there then you are in the rigged west.

The west is only good for being a slave employee to a cooperation as opposed to being an entrepreneur or running your own successful business.

If your conditioned with the slave mentality of working for others, then of course you are better off here.
not true most start ups are in the US or china and have the best markets to exploit due to spending power and population size, no need for the "west" blanket as there obviously not a monolith nor comparable, china and the US would be your best bet, which is why almost all world investment goes to the US and not these third world nations like Chad and Afghanistan that theoretically can give you a bigger return for your buck due to growth rate, follow the money

Trending