Dominant Minorities

Dominant minorities are ethnic minorities that hold strong economic and political power in their respective countries. Typically they're non-native, but not always.

Examples of this would be:
Jews in the West
Chinese in Southeast Asia (they control 50-70 % of the economy while comprising 1-3 % of the population in some countries)
Tutis in Rwanda
Indians in East Africa
Pure whites in some South American countries

What minority groups do you think in the coming decades will solidify themselves as politically and/or economically
Which ones do you think will be Tutsi'd

I've heard Indians were trying to oust Boers from power in South Africa. I have heard Somalis in Kenya and Zambia were becoming quite rich, but I don't know. The Tigrays were gonna get machete'd but its uncertain now.

Japanese Peruvians are another classic example of a dominant minority; they hold considerable economic & political power. The Fujimori family are a notable example:
Part-WAS-APW2000012006339-1-0-1.jpg

Igbo diaspora in the west

Parsi in India

Levantine Christians in Latin America

Chinese in Jamaica

Armenians in southern Russia and the former Ottoman empire. They had an usually high literacy rate since the 19th century, giving them an advantage over Turks, Russians, and Greeks.

Soviets from south of the Caucasus (Armenians, Azeri and Georgians) were the most dominant contingent of the bratva before the Soviet Union collapsed. The biggest Russian mob boss at the beginning of last decade ('10s) was a Yazidi Kurd.

Lebanese in Africa?
They definitely are in some West African countries like Senegal and Liberia. Liberian and Sierra Leon creoles who are dominant minorities themselves have mixed to some extent with the Lebanese. Locals hate them, but that's normal for dominant minorities.

Igbo diaspora in the west

Parsi in India

Levantine Christians in Latin America

Chinese in Jamaica

Armenians in southern Russia and the former Ottoman empire. They had an usually high literacy rate since the 19th century, giving them an advantage over Turks, Russians, and Greeks.

Soviets from south of the Caucasus (Armenians, Azeri and Georgians) were the most dominant contingent of the bratva before the Soviet Union collapsed. The biggest Russian mob boss at the beginning of last decade ('10s) was a Yazidi Kurd.
Chinese in Jamaica have lost relevance from what I've heard, they're still there but they've bred out.

I don't know whether I'd consider Igbos a dominant minority, if they manage to escape the 3rd generation problem and resist marrying or copying low class blacks then they have a chance. They'd need to invest in land and owning businesses, they don't have much economic or political power. Its funny how in Nigeria its the Hausa-Fulani that are dominant.

Do you know why Armenians and Georgians had a high literacy rate, or why they became dominant?
Hima in Uganda.
Aren't they Niloticized Cushitics, I think I've heard that. I remember hearing they descend from some old kingdom that was established before or during the bantu expansion, so they

Pretty much every group was named but blacks aside from igbo. Shameful.
There are still plenty in Africa. Most blacks outside of Africa descend from slaves so I wouldn't expect much from them. Despite their total lack of economic power they are culturally dominant, most modern music genres came from them.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Chinese in Jamaica have lost relevance from what I've heard, they're still there but they've bred out.

I don't know whether I'd consider Igbos a dominant minority, if they manage to escape the 3rd generation problem and resist marrying or copying low class blacks then they have a chance. They'd need to invest in land and owning businesses, they don't have much economic or political power. Its funny how in Nigeria its the Hausa-Fulani that are dominant.

Do you know why Armenians and Georgians had a high literacy rate, or why they became dominant?

Aren't they Niloticized Cushitics, I think I've heard that. I remember hearing they descend from some old kingdom that was established before or during the bantu expansion, so they

There are still plenty in Africa. Most blacks outside of Africa descend from slaves so I wouldn't expect much from them. Despite their total lack of economic power they are culturally dominant, most modern music genres came from them.
That’s a bs distraction

That’s a bs distraction
With what, the fact most black people in the west are slave descendants? I don't expect much of anything from them, they've been established as the underclass for centuries and that's not going to change for a long time.

Apollo

VIP
@Tambien

Some lesser known ones:

Finland Swedes in Finland.
Lebanese in West Africa.
Circassians and Armenians in Arab countries.
Alawites in Syria.
Portuguese in Angola and Mozambique.
Parsis in India.
Ethnic Germans in Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
People with the last name Junker in German countries.
Ottoman Turk descendants in the Maghreb called Kouloughlis.
Copts in Egypt (while they are not politically relevant, they have better socio-economics than Muslim Egyptians).
Christian Levantine Arabs in Latin America.

....this one nobody knows about: stateless Indians in Madagscar called Karanas:

Stateless yet economically dominant.

Apollo

VIP
What about Somalis? Where are we a dominant minority :russ: :russ: :russ:

Abgaal, Majeerteen, and Marehan rule Somalia, lol. They are Somalia's dominant minorities.

Pretty much every group was named but blacks aside from igbo. Shameful.

There clans or tribes that are more dominant than others in SSA countries.

For example, Tigrays used to be in pre-Abiy Ethiopia.

Kikuyus in Kenya.

@Tambien

Some lesser known ones:

Finland Swedes in Finland.
Lebanese in West Africa.
Circassians and Armenians in Arab countries.
Alawites in Syria.
Portuguese in Angola and Mozambique.
Parsis in India.
Ethnic Germans in Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
People with the last name Junker in German countries.
Copts in Egypt (while they are not politically relevant, they have better socio-economics than Muslim Egyptians).
Christian Levantine Arabs in Latin America.

....this one nobody knows about: stateless Indians in Madagscar called Karanas:

Stateless yet economically dominant.
Its the multiracials that are dominant, not really the Portuguese. The Portuguese that live there are rich but not much political power. Its a complex relationship especially in Angola. There's some weird bootyclapping going on by the Angolan multiracials and blacks for Portugal, they've been importing a lot of Portuguese and other European talents even when they're not getting a good investment from them, like the failed gas projects that was under Isabel Dos Santos.
Angola has been investing in Portugal for years, like their banking and media. In a weird way I'd say Angolan multiracial elite are dominant minority in Portugal too. I've stopped paying attention to Angola tho once Joao Lourenco kicked out the Dos Santos.

What's with the Junker and Germany?
Its weird Christians are typically richer than Muslims in the Middle East, you'd think they'd be poorer due to discrimination. Is it to do with the Catholic Church sending missionaries there like in Africa

I don't get why SSAs always let Indians scam them lmao

I know a couple Kouloughlis, they're rich but have gotten poorer

Last edited:

Kikuyus in Kenya.
Kikuyus are the majority in Kenya so they don't count. There's no guideline on what a dominant minority is but I'd say its less than 10%.

Apollo

VIP
What's with the Junker and Germany?

That last name often indicates nobility origins. They are not all rich/elite, but they are overrepresented among the top 10% in German countries, studies looked into this.

Kikuyus are the majority in Kenya so they don't count. There's no guideline on what a dominant minority is but I'd say its less than 10%.

Nah, Kenya has no real majority. Kikuyus are just 13% of Kenya, but probably 50% of Kenya's elites.

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP

Kikuyus in Kenya.

Haven't Somalis commanded a considerable amount of economic weight in Kenya over the last 20 years despite just being 6% of the population? Eastleigh is no joke and there's a reason the Bantus go for the 5heads when it's machete time.

Apollo

VIP
Its weird Christians are typically richer than Muslims in the Middle East, you'd think they'd be poorer due to discrimination. Is it to do with the Catholic Church sending missionaries there like in Africa

Discrimination against an ethnocentric & organized minority often leads to them becoming more successful.

Antisemitism lead to success in European Jews. If Euros accepted them, Ashkenazis wouldn't push themselves into Finance and Academia.

Similar thing is going on with Christian Arabs in Egypt and the Levant.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Haven't Somalis commanded a considerable amount of economic weight in Kenya over the last 20 years despite just being 6% of the population? Eastleigh is no joke and there's a reason the Bantus go for the 5heads when it's machete time.
Yes, Somalis are going to be something in East African countires if they were more united

Trending