Does you family started discussing this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Now that the children have all grown up and some have their own families have the children started discussing " Hoyo and aabo have done so much for us and its time we settle them back home because the longer they stay here the more disease the doctors here will diagnose them with. Besides, over there they can have their generation to talk to in all year round summer weather. Otherwise these doctors will offload all kinds of meds on them"

Im surprised that many of the aunts and uncles I have spoken to tell me that they will not return back home and retire. They will retire here.

Despite the winters and cost of living...

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Im surprised that many of the aunts and uncles I have spoken to tell me that they will not return back home and retire. They will retire here.

Despite the winters and cost of living...

I've heard the same from many. As much as I would love to repatriate back home and stay for good. There is something lacking there i.e. decent emergency and ambulatory medicine. If you are in an on-road collision it's probably over for you. And you can forget about being airlifted to a hospital.

Sultana

On Hiatus
My mother has said that she wants to retire in Somalia after we're old enough to support ourselves properly. She wants my siblings and I to work (not necessarily in North America) and send her money. Ideally we'd work back home, but I don't know...

I've heard the same from many. As much as I would love to repatriate back home and stay for good. There is something lacking there i.e. decent emergency and ambulatory medicine. If you are in an on-road collision it's probably over for you. And you can forget about being airlifted to a hospital.

Hopefully living standards will improve for them to change their minds.

My parents are headed back though but they are the minority

Q

Queen Carawelo

Our family have been trying to convince ayeeyo to go back to her mansion in Bosaaso for a couple of months, so she could come back after the winter but unbeknownst to us she insists on staying in MN during winter.

menace

VIP
My biggest hope is to send hooyo back to Somalia. My father died here ( he was way older than her).

As a father myself now I'm looking things deeper than I use to. I now recognize that hooyo is aging and I want her to enjoy herself and stop cooking canjeero for that spoiled brat kid living with her.

She had so many kids that now only 4 are left with her who are unmarried. I think she's waiting for these girls to get married.

She's so attached to that little brat tho. She makes us buy him a car and shit.

At least we bought her a home here tho but for me that's not enough. I recently took her to her usual doc appointment and this dude is giving her meds for the simplest aches. This is one of the reasons I wanna take her home where she can chit chat with her tribes people. Where she can walk to the meat market in the morning and where we can send her our kids for annual "summertime back home with ayeeyo"

F

Forfon

Mother and father refuses to move come home until they have started a business of over there.

They're dreams have materialised alhamdulilah. Soon they can feel home again. In sha Allah

Retirement usually means a early grave. My ayeeyo is still very much active.
She raised so much children and to this day she continues to. She even goes
shopping on her own, she's 78.

I would advise against suggesting to anyone to retire, putting up your feet
up for a rest could be the end, they need to remain active physically and
mentally.

waraabe

Your superior
there is a pattern here, darod elders don't want to go back home
non darood elders want to go back home

hmmmmmmmm

there is a pattern here, darod elders don't want to go back home
non darood elders want to go back home

hmmmmmmmm

What are you talking about? All anyone in my family and extended family talk about is investing in and building things back home.
Baaax, naga tag. :camby:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think @waraabe would rather make beds (like a xabashi maid) than war. This only happens when the ladies put him in his place.

LM6j44J.gif

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
My dad sent his dad back home in the late 90s. He was getting old and the Scandinavian winter became too much for him. My mum and dad have been planning to retire back home for a while now. Eventually they will.

Retirement usually means a early grave. My ayeeyo is still very much active.
She raised so much children and to this day she continues to. She even goes
shopping on her own, she's 78.

I would advise against suggesting to anyone to retire, putting up your feet
up for a rest could be the end, they need to remain active physically and
mentally.
My grandmother is the same age, she jumps on the coach from Norway and disses my mother hard. My mother was 60 2 days ago, even though she swears down she is 59. Somalis and age is a mystery to me.

menace

VIP
My grandmother is the same age, she jumps on the coach from Norway and disses my mother hard. My mother was 60 2 days ago, even though she swears down she is 59. Somalis and age is a mystery to me.

Waa waxaan kugu furay the other day, islaantahay ukumihii ka dhamaadeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts