Does this tradition actually exist in Somali areas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you really are a trans!
giphy.gif
yzmZ6E

World

VIP
My family do that. I think it comes from Islam or at least Arabian culture as Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) married two of us daughters as one died so he went for the next one
Why do you think dhegocas have so much influence over Geeljire culture WTF? It has nothing to do with Arabs. Dumaal is a way to keep wealth in the family and for the deceased mother/father children to be raised by someone who won’t abuse them and will look after them like their own children.

Zailah

Exam season guys !
Why do you think dhegocas have so much influence over Geeljire culture WTF? It has nothing to do with Arabs. Dumaal is a way to keep wealth in the family and for the deceased mother/father children to be raised by someone who won’t abuse them and will look after them like their own children.

Yes and it happens in Arab culture too. Don’t be so triggered, we do practice Arab culture in our geeljire land and homes. You can’t escape it :gucciwhat:

World

VIP
Yes and it happens in Arab culture too. Don’t be so triggered, we do practice Arab culture in our geeljire land and homes. You can’t escape it :gucciwhat:
Lol, no. Geeljires don’t have any Arab influences who they view as effeminate and weak. But I bet you’re those Somalis who tell everyone that you’re half Yemeni you Arab bootyclapper.

Zailah

Exam season guys !
Lol, no. Geeljires don’t have any Arab influences who they view as effeminate and weak. But I bet you’re those Somalis who tell everyone that you’re half Yemeni you Arab bootyclapper.

No because I love Somali culture but even as a proud one, I’m not that proud to think that Islam and Arab culture hasn’t come into our culture

World

VIP
No because I love Somali culture but even as a proud one, I’m not that proud to think that Islam and Arab culture hasn’t come into our culture
I didn’t say that Islam hasn’t come into our culture, we’re obviously Muslims. But there is a big difference between that and Arabization. Other than the fact that some clans claim lineage from the Prophet SAW, and Arab loanwords for some words, there is pretty much no Arab influences in Geeljire culture.

Zailah

Exam season guys !
I didn’t say that Islam hasn’t come into our culture, we’re obviously Muslims. But there is a big difference between that and Arabization.

Take the example of the act of kissing twice on the cheek.. that’s an Arab culture example but not Islam but then again it’s not a horrible example. Right?

Zailah

Exam season guys !
:damn:

So you think Arabs invented kissing?

:dead::deadosama::dead1:

No, the thing of doing it twice on the cheek as opposed to three or none.

Wallahi I’m too tired to think but we have Arab culture but we can’t deny it since we’ve made it our own

World

VIP
No, the thing of doing it twice on the cheek as opposed to three or none.

Wallahi I’m too tired to think but we have Arab culture but we can’t deny it since we’ve made it our own
So you think Somalis saw some Arabs kissing each other and thought, “Subhanallah, this is an amazing invention, I will go teach my family this as well and spread it to all Somali lands.”

Wallahi you’re hilarious. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Zailah

Exam season guys !
So you think Somalis saw some Arabs kissing each other and thought, “Subhanallah, this is an amazing invention, I will go teach my family this as well and spread it to all Somali lands.”

Wallahi you’re hilarious. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

:farmajoyaab: Okay that’s s a bad example now that you say it. Culture is ever changing though so it’s no point saying geeljire culture ftw because chances are, in 60 years people may not like to do something and think of it as outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending