Does this Ethiopian ethnic group exist?

I came across this dude a week ago at a dealership. We asked what his ethnicity was since he looked Horner and he said that he was from a group that descend from Isaaq called Sitti or Sittu (something like that, can't remember). Apparently, they live in southern Ethiopia. He spoke Amharic with his family who own the dealership. I'm guessing it's an Oromo group that claim Somali ancestry. Anyone know more about this?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The only group I know of that fits are these chaps:

They live in southern Ethiopia (SNNP) and are Ethiosemites. Not too much on them online, though. I'd have to dig through some old books for real info but some of these small, Ethiosemitic groups have tied oral traditions with Somalis on top of being Muslims like us like with Hararis whom we have a lot of real historical ties with so this might be the group he belongs to.

I came across this dude a week ago at a dealership. We asked what his ethnicity was since he looked Horner and he said that he was from a group that descend from Isaaq called Sitti or Sittu (something like that, can't remember). Apparently, they live in southern Ethiopia. He spoke Amharic with his family who own the dealership. I'm guessing it's an Oromo group that claim Somali ancestry. Anyone know more about this?
Its Ittu they are an Oromo Subclan probably Afran qallo.
@Abba Sadacha
@AfranQallo

Last edited:

They live in southern Ethiopia (SNNP) and are Ethiosemites. Not too much on them online, though. I'd have to dig through some old books for real info but some of these small, Ethiosemitic groups have tied oral traditions with Somalis on top of being Muslims like us like with Hararis whom we have a lot of real historical ties with so this might be the group he belongs to.
Yes, I think you're right. When we asked him which languages he spoke, he did not mention Oromo, he mentioned some other weird language that may have been Silt'e.

reer

VIP

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yes, I think you're right. When we asked him which languages he spoke, he did not mention Oromo, he mentioned some other weird language that may have been Silt'e.
They claim to be Sade or Sada people. They migrated from the Harar region after the Oromo expansion. I think they were part of the Gadabursi or Ghadasid people.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
They claim to be Sade or Sada people. They migrated from the Harar region after the Oromo expansion. I think they were part of the Gadabursi or Ghadasid people.

we are all Sade:rejoice:

Big Brother Flag GIF by Channel 7

Claim everybody

Silte speak their own language which is related to Gurage, Argobba and Harari and is descended from Aksumite Ge'ez like Tigray and Amhara are.

They claim to be descended from Hasan Kaweyni, that their patriarch is Hajji Ali ibn Saeid ibn Hasan Kaweyni

That's a different Aw Hassan, there is an Aw Hassan Sheekhaal who is descended from Abadir, the Sheekhaal founder, which is a different clan from the Hasan Kaweyni that Reerow Hassan descend from.

That's a different Aw Hassan, there is an Aw Hassan Sheekhaal who is descended from Abadir, the Sheekhaal founder, which is a different clan from the Hasan Kaweyni that Reerow Hassan descend from.
Do you think modern humans have been around for around 200 thousand years. That's what DNA says Yfull. That's so long. I find it hard to believe.

Do you think modern humans have been around for around 200 thousand years. That's what DNA says Yfull. That's so long. I find it hard to believe.
It's an arbitrary cutoff, really we're just a branch of Homo Erectus, and we interbred with other branches which is why modern humans have Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA. I would say humans have been around for at least 2 million years, since there is no straight line, we interbred with other branches of humanity so we were the same species as other Homo Erectus branches.

It's kind of crazy how of our 2 million year history, we only have any archaeological traces for maybe 50,000 years, and only about 5000 years there are any written records, and most of those are grain inventories until maybe 3000 years ago.

It's an arbitrary cutoff, really we're just a branch of Homo Erectus, and we interbred with other branches which is why modern humans have Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA. I would say humans have been around for at least 2 million years, since there is no straight line, we interbred with other branches of humanity so we were the same species as other Homo Erectus branches.
I agree with you. But I believe there were other humanoids before Adam created God. And God placed Adam after the humanoid with the same DNA. So it appears as if Adam decanded from them but God placed Adam maybe aroubd 100 thousand years ago

It's kind of crazy how of our 2 million year history, we only have any archaeological traces for maybe 50,000 years, and only about 5000 years there are any written records, and most of those are grain inventories until maybe 3000 years ago.
Yes it very weird. So we haven't discovered a human remains that all the humans in the world descended from. I separated from most of the Euro Asian people around 70 thousand years ago at Y CT TMRC.

Adam and Eve just mean "man" and "woman", and there are two versions of Genesis. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 are both standalone stories that actually contradict each other.

In Genesis 1, the first man and woman are created at the same time, and neither are named.
In Genesis 2, the Adam is created first, and then Eve is created from Adam's rib

In Genesis 1, all animals and birds are created before the first man is created
In Genesis 2, Adam is created first, then all the animals are created, then Eve is created

In Genesis 1, Man is created in the image of God
In Genesis 2, Man is created from dust and breathed life through God's nostrils, image of God not mentioned

For this reason Genesis I believe is allegorical and should not be taken as literal fact.

Trending

Latest posts