Does Somaliweyn really not have enough water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
So I decided to do some research on how much water we receive from our main rivers.

We receive 5.9 billion cubic meters from the Jubba river, 2.4 billion cubic meters from the Shabelle. The Tana river flows for 200 miles inside Garissa country, which means we're entitled to 40 % of the water which is 5.4 billion cubic meters.

Total = 13.7 billion cubic meters.

That means we receive nearly 75 % of the water that Sudan receives from the Nile river. Through reforestation efforts and rainwater catchments, we could even increase that amount substantially. How can people say that Somalia doesn't have enough water then? Bare in mind, our population in DDSI, NFD and the Somali Republic is only 18.5 million whilst Sudan has a population of 40.23 million.

So we have 0.45 % their population, but 75 % their water resources.

Reforestation isn't as hard as I thought, I'm pretty sure the locals are willing to take partake in the reforestation process to like they do in india

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Southern Garissa is also extremely fertile and green as you can see, the water from the Tana river can be used to irrigate this land.

upload_2017-5-19_22-56-42.png

Is it possible to create an artificial small river for all year round water supply for farming? A desalination system that can produce 264k gallons of water everyday cost 390k,

https://www.foreverpureplace.com/26...on-System-with-Ener-p/swro-1000tpd-36ktds.htm maybe the Somali government should buy these systems and take a massive amount of land for farming only and hire the locals, I'm pretty it's doable with the right team, but we don't even need that for real it's just an idea

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Is it possible to create an artificial small river for all year round water supply for farming? A desalination system that can produce 264k gallons of water everyday cost 390k,

https://www.foreverpureplace.com/26...on-System-with-Ener-p/swro-1000tpd-36ktds.htm maybe the Somali government should buy these systems and take a massive amount of land for farming only and hire the locals, I'm pretty it's doable with the right team, but we don't even need that for real it's just an idea
:mjkkk:

Why dont our governments buy these products, especially SL and PL governments, the drought relief is starring right at us :ohhh:

:mjkkk:

Why dont our governments buy these products, especially SL and PL governments, the drought relief is starring right at us :ohhh:
100 of these machines can supply 26.5 million gallons of water everyday, and it would cost us 39million $ I'm pretty sure the funds wouldn't be too hard since we spend a FUCKING 1BILLION$ ON KHAAT EVERY FUCKING YEAR!!!!!
We deserve these droughts and famines we're dumb

1.jpg

Lake Chad before and After.
:damn:

As farming becomes industrialized in Ethiopia we stand no chance downstream.

Somalias future lies in desalination costs to come down dramatically or having Somali engineers step up for us and build micro desalination equipment--at least in the meantime. We have already witnessed the drying up of our rivers, the future lies in hacking our long coastline.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

:dwill: Yesterday night they raised 3.1Mil in hargeisa, if they would only plan ahead and cop few of these :francis:

1.jpg

Lake Chad before and After.
:damn:

As farming becomes industrialized in Ethiopia we stand no chance downstream.

Somalias future lies in desalination costs to come down dramatically or having Somali engineers step up for us and build micro desalination equipment--at least in the meantime. We have already witnessed the drying up of our rivers, the future lies in hacking our long coastline.
100 desalination equipment costs 39million$ it provides 26.5 million gallons of water every day, there's tons of desalination companies that can produce for us even cheaper

But we still use about 1billion dollar every year chewing on khaat instead

100 desalination equipment costs 39million$ it provides 26.5 million gallons of water every day, there's tons of desalination companies that can produce for us even cheaper

But we still use about 1billion dollar every year chewing on khaat instead

Somali Private equity firms will most likely deal with these challenges. You can sit around and wait for Odays to make decisions. 90% of clan elders can't spell desalination.

3.9KWH/M3

At our electricity prices it would cost you 1000$ to fill a bathtub
:dead::deadrose::deadmanny:

You need 3-4 wind turbines just make this work in the long run.
We can get solar farms to run those desalination machines, wind turbines is great too either way It's still cheaper than khaat :siilaanyolaugh:

Desalination has a huge energy demand - it's why they are seen as prohibitive.

We need to drill into the ground, and exploit our aquifers. Most important of all we need water management e.g. storage and treatment.

Desalination has a huge energy demand - it's why they are seen as prohibitive.

We need to drill into the ground, and exploit our aquifers. Most important of all we need water management e.g. storage and treatment.

Getting a head start on a small project that can power small desalination equipment with alternative energy can prove there is hope outside of the under water systems. It's only feasible if it's to support animal feed, this way camels don't need to graze and can stay in one area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending