Does Somaliland need to change it's name?

Should the country change it's name when it becomes internationally rcogniced?

• We should change it.

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No. It is fine as it is.

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so dumb when saying Somaliland. It is unoriginal and a Somalia already exist, so we need to be more creative. Think of how dumb this sounds: Japaneseland, norwegianland, germanland...

Somaliland came from the british. The previously french Somaliland changed its name to Djibouti, so shouldn't british Somaliland also? I'm just wondering how you guys feel about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I feel so dumb when saying Somaliland. It is unoriginal and a Somalia already exist, so we need to be more creative. Think of how dumb this sounds: Japaneseland, norwegianland, germanland...

Somaliland came from the british. The previously french Somaliland changed its name to Djibouti, so shouldn't british Somaliland also? But I'm wondering what you guys feel about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah Somaliland sounds retarded. I would call the country "Adal" after the Adal Sultanite from the Middle Ages.

Nordic Land?
Not quite. In norway, the natives call themselves norwegians, not nordic. So it would be more accurate to say norwegianland.

All scandinavian peoples are nordic, so it can't really be used to describe the specific peoples in their respective countries. It would be more accurate to say swedishland and danishland. lol

Last edited:
I like Isaaq land but that may have Jew connotation. Jews are descendants of Yaqqub pbuh and his father Isaaq pbuh
I think it is a bad idea, and it sends a bad message. We want to create a place were all somalis are welcome. Even though we are heavily tribal politically and geographically, we should not base the country's name on it. In theory, we should free ourselves from these societal structures.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Northumbria?

The Kingdom of Northumbria was a medieval Anglian kingdom in what is now northern England and south-east Scotland. The name derives from the Old English NorΓΎan-hymbre meaning "the people or province north of the Humber", which reflects the approximate southern limit to the kingdom's territory, the Humber Estuary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Northumbria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts