Does somalia have any nice forests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of the negative threads, lets try to respect each other and discuss more important things like the state of our homeland and how we can improve it. I'm a hiker and practice hunting without killing animals since it's haram to kill them unless i have a good reason to, but i am disappointed to learn that the country is was heavily deforested sometime in the 1800's for charcoal trade. Is only the south of the country forested? or is there some other part of the country with a forest that i don't know about.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I don’t know about Somalia, but in Bosnia we have a lot of green lushious forests and lots of water.

Look at all this beauty, it is hard for the human mind to grasp all that.

83332250-1.jpg

I don’t know about Somalia, but in Bosnia we have a lot of green lushious forests and lots of water.

Look at all this beauty, it is hard for the human mind to grasp all that.

83332250-1.jpg
Nice brother! you are lucky that you ancestors were not nomadic or they would have cut all those trees down. I'm an outdoors man so i love trees and forested regions. We also had lots of animals and hunting game in somalia before the civil war drove them to kenya. I support the reforesting of the whole earth.

Somalia is mostly grassland, semi-arid, or arid. Not much woodland.
Ask yourself why is that? everywhere has wooded regions even lebanon has forests for godsake. It's due to the fact that many trees were cut down for hundreds of years without being replanted. Look at britian during WW2 and you will find that only 4% of the country was forested due to mass tree cutting at that time. However it is now 30% forested now due to mass tree planting campaigns after the second world war, this gives me hope that we too can reforest the country from north to south.

Apollo

VIP
Ask yourself why is that? everywhere has wooded regions even lebanon has forests for godsake. It's due to the fact that many trees were cut down for hundreds of years without being replanted. Look at britian during WW2 and you will find that only 4% of the country was forested due to mass tree cutting at that time. However it is now 30% forested now due to mass tree planting campaigns after the second world war, this gives me hope that we too can reforest the country from north to south.

Rainfall dude.. Somalia got fucked by the Ethiopian highlands stealing all the rain and dry winds from Arabia.

Rainfall dude.. Somalia got fucked by the Ethiopian highlands stealing all the rain and dry winds from Arabia.
True but we could always plant drought resistant trees and try to resurrect our dried up rivers. Of course that would require a lot of money and the help of a competent government, but it's nice to keep these ideas in mind in case of a better future.

Status
Not open for further replies.