Does anyone feel more attracted to ajnabis?

@Dibleyy

Relations between young Somali men and women in the diaspora have always been awkward.

Both genders are much more open with strangers from other ethnicities as if there's a sense of relief that you don't need to maintain a certain "character" with them.

We share this type of "sibling" energy where you feel the person has some form of connection to your family through community/clan/qarabo/grapevine etc. meaning that each Somali you meet who is technically a "stranger", doesn't feel so and has the potential to wreck your reputation.

This makes us guarded, especially the girls. And lets be honest, most Somalis code switch between how they communicate with the family/community and the outside world. The risk of judgement or imagined gossip stills you from sharing your hobbies/interest/"true self" with an unvetted Somali.

This "sibling" energy works in our favour when mixing with the same gender, but totally cripples us otherwise. Talking to the opposite gender in public has a ceeb connotation. The unintended consequence was the hiding of shukaansi and dating - burying it into the underground. And what happens in the shadows...

The parents, dugsi teachers, and elders enforce the no contact with the opposite gender rule heavily for Somali youth. They then turn around when these youth reach their mid-twenties to bark, "these diaspora Somalis don't know shit about shukaansi, why can't you find yourself a spouse? Go mingle!".

Perhaps if you didn't make out that interacting with the opposite gender was a doomsday scenario of debauchery, the youth wouldn't grow up to be so guarded against each other as if interacting with a wild beast. The hypocrisy is honestly maddening.

Guys, make an effort to greet any Somali woman you see in public; whether it's with a salaam/hello or a simple smile and a nod. Stop with the bizarro weird stares, awkward glances, and imaginary sexual tension! It usually takes but a couple of interactions for the both people to loosen up.

If you are talking to a girl romantically, your conversations should never see the light of day. Keep that shit to yourself.

There's definently physical differences. We shouldn't be PC about it. The skin tone argument is bullshit though. But there's no denying the facts.

like-what-say-what.gif

@Dibleyy

Relations between young Somali men and women in the diaspora have always been awkward.

Both genders are much more open with strangers from other ethnicities as if there's a sense of relief that you don't need to maintain a certain "character" with them.

We share this type of "sibling" energy where you feel the person has some form of connection to your family through community/clan/qarabo/grapevine etc. meaning that each Somali you meet who is technically a "stranger", doesn't feel so and has the potential to wreck your reputation.

This makes us guarded, especially the girls. And lets be honest, most Somalis code switch between how they communicate with the family/community and the outside world. The risk of judgement or imagined gossip stills you from sharing your hobbies/interest/"true self" with an unvetted Somali.

This "sibling" energy works in our favour when mixing with the same gender, but totally cripples us otherwise. Talking to the opposite gender in public has a ceeb connotation. The unintended consequence was the hiding of shukaansi and dating - burying it into the underground. And what happens in the shadows...

The parents, dugsi teachers, and elders enforce the no contact with the opposite gender rule heavily for Somali youth. They then turn around when these youth reach their mid-twenties to bark, "these diaspora Somalis don't know shit about shukaansi, why can't you find yourself a spouse? Go mingle!".

Perhaps if you didn't make out that interacting with the opposite gender was a doomsday scenario of debauchery, the youth wouldn't grow up to be so guarded against each other as if interacting with a wild beast. The hypocrisy is honestly maddening.

Guys, make an effort to greet any Somali woman you see in public; whether it's with a salaam/hello or a simple smile and a nod. Stop with the bizarro weird stares, awkward glances, and imaginary sexual tension! It usually takes but a couple of interactions for the both people to loosen up.

If you are talking to a girl romantically, your conversations should never see the light of day. Keep that shit to yourself.
The whole segregation culture is pretty annoying, but I thought the west had it easier because of mixed schools and universities (I was born in the west but left it at a younger age). The vibes between the genders is so electric in the Middle East. But social media made things easier now I guess.

@Dibleyy

Guys, make an effort to greet any Somali woman you see in public; whether it's with a salaam/hello or a simple smile and a nod. Stop with the bizarro weird stares, awkward glances, and imaginary sexual tension! It usually takes but a couple of interactions for both people to loosen up.

To be honest I'm very comfortable with Somali girls and I enjoy talking to them when I get the chance. The problem is that sometimes they don't make it easy and it can get awkward quickly. Somali guys are usually chill but the girls are just so defensive.

Why do some Somalis need to announce they have feelings for an ajnabi? What are we meant to do with this information? Are we meant to crucify you now for your new love for foreigners? If you like him, you like him. It isn’t wrong to drift away from Somalis and experience something new.
They're literally kids lol

Idk why but I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently especially because there’s this north Sudanese guy I was talking to recently who looks Somali and tbh I had no trouble talking to him and grew attracted to him, so I realized it isn’t the looks. But whenever I talk to Somali guys I feel nervous and like I’m being judged idk

I’m sometimes attracted to young Latino,arab and rarely caadan guys but I would never marry them because our cultures are so different, even in 2022 people see interracial marriages as odd and honestly I agree usually when I see these types of pairings I assume one of them or both are not normal and to be honest usually their not. Not to say all are like that but maybe 65%?

Any other girls going through the same struggle?
I personally also struggle with finding Somali men attractive, mainly because I see them as my brothers, but I also have no preference and I don't think interracial marriages are weird, they are just weird because society/social media makes it look that way. I wouldn't mind being in an interracial marriage as long as he is a practising Muslim, and also I have a crush on this Muslim Chinese convert I used to see on TikTok, and you may disagree but I think its cute, the whole interracial marriages thing because it shows acceptance and love without barriers or borders. And I have experience with those kinds of marriages as my sister is married to a Snengalese man. Not necessarily interracial but it is inter-ethnicity I guess.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The trolling is something else.

There's literally no physical difference that I can see between the various Somali clans.

The only running gag I keep hearing about is that Hawiyes are dhuxul; that Northerners are very light; and that OGs are very tall.
It’s true. Hawiye are obsidian black while Northorners are Midnight Black. Huge difference.
B16984F7-B63A-43E6-B2AF-D304E8BA4877.jpeg

:deadpeter::drakelaugh:

If I was Hawiye, I would push to exclude all clans from Xamar until y'all withdraw these super dhuxul accusations and attempts to associate them with Madowweyne

:fittytousand::mjlaugh:
No one cares what those losers have to say on the internet. Hawiyes are the epitome of Somali. Our ancestor named the ethnic group. They're just mad their ancestors are burning in hell for claiming a false lineage

I personally also struggle with finding Somali men attractive, mainly because I see them as my brothers, but I also have no preference and I don't think interracial marriages are weird, they are just weird because society/social media makes it look that way. I wouldn't mind being in an interracial marriage as long as he is a practising Muslim, and also I have a crush on this Muslim Chinese convert I used to see on TikTok, and you may disagree but I think its cute, the whole interracial marriages thing because it shows acceptance and love without barriers or borders. And I have experience with those kinds of marriages as my sister is married to a Snengalese man. Not necessarily interracial but it is inter-ethnicity I guess.

If Somali men are giving you the ick, no need to feel any way about it. If you prefer Asian men to Somali men, that's more than fine, if your sister also found West African men more attractive than Somali men, then that's also fine. End of the day, go for what you want, besides, it'd be unfair getting with a Somali while feeling like this deep down, both for you and him.