Does any western born Muslim have a

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
No, I am being serious.

Western morality prior to Christianity and Western morality afterwards is completely different.

For starters, nearly any decision taken in Europe for centuries was done because of the Bible or in the name of Christianity.

no one disputes that Europe was a Christian theocracy for I think over a thousand years....

but I don't know of any who walks past a church and says "masha'Allah- these churches are based on Islam!"

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
Everything is eventually based on Islam, which is why his argument makes no sense

I am convinced this a new sect of Islam.

I wanted to study the origins of liberalism so I looked into John Locke. Then I realized his ideology really went back to the Protestant reformation.

Protestantism basically said that every Christians now can make up their own version of Christianity. Protestantism then birthed like a million Christian sects. And Protestantism set for the stage for the emergence of liberalism.

And now with these "liberal Islam" types- they feel empowered to just make up their own interpretation of Islam. So now every "liberal Islam" person can just make up their own one-person sect. Who was going around saying "Christianity is based on Islam" more than a hundred years ago? We might as well come up with a name and call this a new sect of Islam.

I would argue that the Western moral framework is originally based on Islam.

It had to start somewhere?
Western morality stems from Christianity in its core fundament, a religion corrupted, in precise terms, a deviation from its original Islam. It's necessary to draw a clear line between Islam and Christianity, something that is completely ignored if you associate Christian morality with Islamic Morality, as we can agree that Western interwoven collective moral value has its foundation from its Christian origin, morphed with new humanist, egoist, hedonistic and 19th to 20th-century philosophical and civil political movements as time-dependent chronological layers on today's Western moral thinking. This synthetism is viewed by Westerners as the peak growth of moral progress, calling other systems, especially Islam, as archaic or outdated as it contains incongruence with their ever-changing falsehood of a linear sense of self-serving "progress."

So no, dude, Western morality is not Islamic Morality.

Trending

Latest posts