Do you think your ancestors would be proud?

Hahaha I knew on of you petty mf's would bring that up anyway I wasn't talking on an individual level because if so realistically they'll be more disappointed that their grown ass male descendants like you are living and flourishing in another man's country while their your owns is in shambles.

View attachment 276505
I am not one of them. I am him.
You gave me that alley-oop, I had to take it. That's on you.:russ:

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Speaking of ancestors, i don't think yours would be proud of you using the spoiler. Don't worry fbi can't tell which of the child war lord you were.

Joke as side, some oromos like the jarso are somali and oromo, so educated yourself before typing in your small box:duck:

Hahaha I knew on of you petty mf's would bring that up anyway I wasn't talking on an individual level because if so realistically they'll be more disappointed that their grown ass male descendants like you are living and flourishing in another man's country while their your owns is in shambles.

View attachment 276505
Huh? The whole point of nomadism is to leave gaajo lands for better ones

You know what they say, when you hit rock bottom there is nowhere to go but up.

China went through a century of humiliation, for us it’s only been what 35 years.

Yes we are down let’s not beat ourselves anymore than necessary.

Huh? The whole point of nomadism is to leave gaajo lands for better ones
This is not 5th century saxib, you're letting other men build an entire country just for you to live isn't that a bit spineless? I mean even traditionally speaking that's something women were positioned to so since they provided off-spring, what use is a man going to get from letting another foreign man in his land ? Besides nomadic people normally go for deserted land.

You know what they say, when you hit rock bottom there is nowhere to go but up.

China went through a century of humiliation, for us it’s only been what 35 years.

Yes we are down let’s not beat ourselves anymore than necessary.
That's true but unfortunately Somalia's failures are constantly prodcasted globally by news outlets and other media platforms to the point that when you search "somali" only negative information will appear, I geuss we chose th wrong time to hit rock bottom.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP

They'll be happy we kept our deen and are working towards rebuilding our country. Many of our ancestors were traders and flourished in many different countries owning shops as far as Asia and Venice. If there is one thing they valued above all it is your deen, and whichever poor awwowe is your ancestor would probably be rolling in his grave knowing one of his descendants was kuffar atheist he use to fight against.

This is not 5th century saxib, you're letting other men build an entire country just for you to live isn't that a bit spineless? I mean even traditionally speaking that's something women were positioned to so since they provided off-spring, what use is a man going to get from letting another foreign man in his land ? Besides nomadic people normally go for deserted land.
I don't know about your father/brothers but most immigrant men work, contributing goods or services to the economy and pay taxes to the government to pay for social services and provide social welfare cheques for cadaan seniors in diapers.

I am normally not into the whole spiritual believe of "I am my ancestors" as I believe we are our own people and there is no need to associate dead ancient people you biologically relate to in to your day-to-day life nor claim your ancestors achievement as your own since you personally haven't contributed, so there is nothing to be proud of especially if your country is the way ours is. I have been asking myself though, do you think our ancestors would be proud if they knew the conditions our people and Land would be in today? do you think they'll be highly disappointed, disturbed or perhaps indifferent.

Also not related to the topic but these pictures look nice ! Our peope used to be so photogenic.
Dwayne Johnson Eyebrow Raise GIF

View attachment 276505
Somalis never had a concept of nationhood so when you say that it doesn't mean much because they never saw themselves as one and a lot of these guys where nomads roaming about so the whole known world for them was basically somalia since somalia as a concept is only recent with the creation of the state.

How far back are we talking because those who where around for the formation of the nation where probably around for its fall aswell and probably partook in its downfall.

It's not like somalia deteriorated beyond what they where used to if anything now is still an achievement over what they had so if they saw the state of somalia without context they wouldn't feel any type of way about It. Realistically the only thing they would be mad about is somalis becoming gaalo. That was literally the premise for majority of somali peoples anti colonial struggle so they would be disappointed in the fact somalis have increased in there gaalnimo but being spread out making money in a different country they definitely wouldn't care about because many of them did that themselves already in the arab world and in India etc

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
If I met my ancestors they would be confused cause I can barely speak Somali let alone whatever archaic dialect they spoke back then(if we're talking about ancestors from hundreds of years ago).

If I met my ancestors they would be confused cause I can barely speak Somali let alone whatever archaic dialect they spoke back then(if we're talking about ancestors from hundreds of years ago).
There’s basically no change in Somali for a thousand years besides A turning into E in some words. Very conservative language

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
If you aren't a Somali, you need to show respect and stay clear when internal Somali issues are discussed.
I am somali, also anyone regardless of their ethnicity whose family lived or lives in Somaliweyn can have an opinion about somali issues as those issues also affects them. :yacadiim:
Our ancestors
Halloween Die GIF by Julie Wierd

season 1 s1 GIF by Dream Corp LLC
Happy Fun GIF
Germany Finland GIF by TIFF
War Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office
Stare Staring GIF

Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog
ngl they would prolly join the tiktok debate instead of being ashamed, if we are talking about ancestors couple generation ago, they were just like the generation that destroyed Somaliweyen for all. it's the culture they created that still lives. :manny:

Why bring up what the ancestors would think if your gonna say tHiS iS nOt 5tH cEnTUry sAxIb what a cop out you think the ancestors with there 5th century sensibility give two shits :faysalwtf:

Realistically none of them even those that where alive just before the formation of somalia would care at all

The nomads amongst them strong armed and took over previously inhabited areas which somalis already are doing globally and the merchants amongst them would go far and wide to seek there fortunes. The Idea of a nation is a new and foreign one why do you think a clan based civil war even took place :draketf:

I'm still confused on why you care about the "tradition of men" and apparently some foreign saviour guy who no one knows about building our country for us that you keep bring up when you have already opted out of the community in both partnership and deen while at the same time saying this isn't the 5th century :dead:

I don't get it do you want guys to be traditional and archaic or do you want them to be progressive and inclusive. I cant tell but clearly you cant make your mind up about it and keep jumping :ileycry:

Nothing you say in these types of discussions ever makes actual sense when I actually think about the things you say.

You must be trolling :farmajoyaab:

Last edited:
There’s basically no change in Somali for a thousand years besides A turning into E in some words. Very conservative language
Cushitic is a very conservative branch. But the fact that we cannot understand other Somali languages besides Af Maxaa (not dialects) tells you that if we went 2500 years back, we would likely not understand them that well.

A competent Somali speaker could talk to a person 1000 years ago but changes do happen in all languages over time. I think a person 1000 years ago would employ a diversified nuanced vocabulary and symbolic language. Modernity has reduced this for all people from all over the world concerning the relationship of their speech traditions.

People have to cling on something. We waz Egyptian kangs and shat; we was the tall, elongated Macrobians, and shat; we waz the remnants of the Ajuuraan empire that once ruled the East Africa and the Indian ocean islands; .......the list is long. We gonna keep claiming our ancestors like everyone else in the world.

Every country goes through a period of upheaval, and our situation is no different.

Trending

Latest posts