Do you think your ancestors would be proud?

The nomads might tolerate her. They were not all that religious in practice in many ways and were in some cases fairly ignorant of proper religious conduct or I suspect willfully didn't care to be very strict given how savvy they actually were about some of the most random news of the outside world. This was true even in Arabia:

o5dcYEW.png

n88E6Go.png

1D955N6.png

Xnp3FXF.png

source

But if she showed up in a magalaad or tuulad talking the way she does...

rsSICOu.jpg

Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC
Speaking the way she is in front of them? For sure she's a goner, and when you think about how bloodthirsty violent your average geeljire was its a 50 50. Maybe she comes across a calm wadaad who tries to give her dawah, but even then I'm sure there's a limit.

I geuss i hit some nerves onc again, why do you lot bring up my beliefs if you're just going to end up having a tantrum everytime I defend myself? If you can't handle the argument simply don't start one. Let me explain myself to the dummies on here...
I can almost guarantee you she is just playing about on the 'internet'. Trust me I have great intuition. I would never speak to someone like this who is misguided.
What made me nuts is the fact that she thinks her ancestors would not run her in with a spear when they find out them recieving a guidance of the century resulted in a munafiq.
I was clearly mocking them when I said "yes" you low IQ retard, waste your time on something useful instead of spamming my thread with whatever bs you're on about.
Acting like we are some jews scattered around the earth in the tens of millions. Bro, most somalis fled to other regions in somaliweyn. Only about 2 Million are in the west, which is 3 continents.
And this is a hypothetical situation in which they were to look at you, so of course they would care about how one of their seed became no different to the dirty foreigners they fought and died against. Somali men are rebuilding their country btw, look at the difference in Somalia now compared to 2010. I don't see you doing anything for the country, but you will come back saying how "these people would kill me if i went there" maybe that's because to a somali, a gaalo somali may as well be a habeshi. You cannot embrace somali culture and society as a non muslim.
1. I didn't even bring up immigration ? don't put words in my mouth little boy, I simply stated the fact that our country is a dump compared to the rest of the words because niggas thought it was a better idea to fight each other about clans or blow themselves up in the name of Islam instead of rebuild and develop their nation just like the rest of the men in the world are doing.

2. This entire thread is about if our ancestors would be proud of the current situation of Somalia not about me as an individual, I do not represent millions of somalis nor am I the vise president of that damn country.

Speaking the way she is in front of them? For sure she's a goner, and when you think about how bloodthirsty violent your average geeljire was its a 50 50. Maybe she comes across a calm wadaad who tries to give her dawah, but even then I'm sure there's a limit.
If only you had the balls to actually speak to another men about being a "goner" instead of having one sided argument with a person online, spineless farax behaviour also I didn't even say anything disrespectful towards Islam? But yeah sure let's wish death upon a woman online for being an atheist because thats how to represent the peaceful religion.

I geuss i hit some nerves onc again, why do you lot bring up my beliefs if you're just going to end up having a tantrum everytime I defend myself? If you can't handle the argument simply don't start one. Let me explain myself to the dummies on here...

I was clearly mocking them when I said "yes" you low IQ retard, waste your time on something useful instead of spamming my thread with whatever bs you're on about.

1. I didn't even bring up immigration ? don't put words in my mouth little boy, I simply stated the fact that our country is a dump compared to the rest of the words because niggas thought it was a better idea to fight each other about clans or blow themselves up in the name of Islam instead of rebuild and develop their nation just like the rest of the men in the world are doing.

2. This entire thread is about if our ancestors would be proud of the current situation of Somalia not about me as an individual, I do not represent millions of somalis nor am I the vise president of that damn country.
Ok, let's get this straight, the accusation your atheist is completely unfounded and ppl say that to make fun of you??

So are you or are you not muslim? If you are, I apologise for my rant, if you are not please don't say something so silly as your ancestors wouldn't(if they were alive0) give a toss about your religious beliefs because let me tell you this lass there is nothing more important than religion.

The nomads might tolerate her. They were not all that religious in practice in many ways and were in some cases fairly ignorant of proper religious conduct or I suspect willfully didn't care to be very strict given how savvy they actually were about some of the most random news of the outside world. This was true even in Arabia:

o5dcYEW.png

n88E6Go.png

1D955N6.png

Xnp3FXF.png

source

But if she showed up in a magalaad or tuulad talking the way she does...

rsSICOu.jpg

Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC
I don't know what type of ignorant heretical Arab outcasts the text described but a Somali nomad no matter the disposition would never accept an Atheist. Atheism was never normal back then.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I don't know what type of ignorant heretical Arab outcasts the text described but a Somali nomad no matter the disposition would never accept an Atheist. Atheism was never normal back then.

This is a text of Burton's on Somalis and he's mainly referencing the nomads here:

Though superstitious, the Somal are not bigoted like the Arabs, with the exception of those who, wishing to become learned, visit Yemen or El Hejaz, and catch the complaint. Nominal Mohammedans, El Islam hangs so lightly upon them, that apparently they care little for making it binding upon others.

I maybe dead wrong but I suspect based on this and other writings I've seen on their 19th century mentalities that they would not care if she was particularly not one of them. As in not their immediate kin or of their tribe.

There is a part in the book where he also recounts being part of travel party and among them was a Somali who had been to Arabia and seemingly been influenced by more conservative clerics there. The Somali guy kept harassing Somali women who were travelling with Burton and other Somalis to cover themselves up more and stop being so sociable with the men but, interestingly, Burton noticed the Somali men who had not been to Arabia like him didn't care about how the women were presenting themselves and even teased him for his behavior at times. They really did not seem to care much about policing religiosity but atheism might still have been a step too far.

This is a text of Burton's on Somalis and he's mainly referencing the nomads here:

I maybe dead wrong but I suspect based on this and other writings I've seen on their 19th century mentalities that they would not care if she was particularly not one of them. As in not their immediate kin or of their tribe.
To some degree, man, I don't fully trust this Burton. They had weird tendencies but borderline non-believers are a stretch.

There is also a difference between not being learned and being a non-believer. They would probably have lost their shit if someone claiming to be their kin said they rejected there was a God, instead of not praying 5 times a day. Latter does not mean the former. Binding in that sense likely means they don't do their Islamic duties. Because in other texts you will clearly read that Somalis were very much believers, lacked the fear of death, and had a very intrinsic belief in the wisdom that people die and that God watches over them. The fearlessness reflected their trust in their deen, although they might not have been learned in the deen.

It used to scare the cadaan at the expeditions into Ethiopia. Some used to die and the Western man asked them what they felt about it as it seemed they just moved on and they told him, "he is with his Creator" shocking the cadaan man. You cannot fake that type of religiosity.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
To some degree, man, I don't fully trust this Burton. They had weird tendencies but borderline non-believers are a stretch.

There is also a difference between not being learned and being a non-believer. They would probably have lost their shit if someone claiming to be their kin said they rejected there was a God, instead of not praying 5 times a day. Latter does not mean the former. Binding in that sense likely means they don't do their Islamic duties. Because in other texts you will clearly read that Somalis were very much believers, lacked the fear of death, and had a very intrinsic belief in the wisdom that people die and that God watches over them. The fearlessness reflected their trust in their deen, although they might not have been learned in the deen.

To be fair to Burton, he highlights that same religious pride and zeal you speak of in his texts. But yes, I do think all he's really imparting is that they were not anal about making sure you pray 5 times a day, don't practice weird shirk like believing in trials by fire or sacred trees, and women covering themselves up or not speaking to non-mahrem men. Not sticklers for proper practice, basically. None of that means they'd be chill if you flat out said "God doesn't exist." and at no point does Burton or any source I know of impart that about them.

To be fair to Burton, he highlights that same religious pride and zeal you speak of in his texts. But yes, I do think all he's really imparting is that they were not anal about making sure you pray 5 times a day, don't practice weird shirk like believing in trials by fire or sacred trees, and women covering themselves up or not speaking to non-mahrem men. Not sticklers for proper practice, basically. None of that means they'd be chill if you flat out said "God doesn't exist." and at no point does Burton or any source I know of impart that about them.
I think you might be right on that. On the other hand, I often find those types of texts pretty inconsistent in their portrayal of Somalis. At one point they say one thing making a general claim, at the other they describe an individual Somali that contradicts that. The human flaw in the writing and lack of dispassionate impartiality shines through so one has to read while being aware of the flaw of the writer's erratic sentiments that changes based on his experience at some point to another.

Trending

Latest posts