Do you think European beauty standard exist for women

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I did not say all, or all cases. I said the extreme dark Horners have a higher chance of recent Nilotic ancestry than light skin Horners having recent Eurasian.

Doubtful, I would say. You see people on both extremes in the same family. I know of two full-blood sisters myself where one is "lightskin" and the other is damn near coal black. In my own family my paternal grandmother is very light-skinned whereas my paternal grandfather was very dark and yet I know for a fact there is zero genetic difference between the two. Same goes for my parents who are on opposite ends as well. It's normal variation among Horners usually.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Not always

somali-png.38923

The girl above that you posted doesn't look like the classical dark skinned Somali and most will say she's an outlier.

6ad48f4ea3b7dd7719ff7799fec9cb43.jpg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
What the hell is it with this, btw? I've noticed that some of my darkest relatives often also have straight hair and very sharp and narrow features. You're not the first person I've seen notice this other than me. Definitely seems a sort of sub type among Somalis.

I've noticed this trend as well. Since @Horn African isn't Somali he/she isn't exposed to the range of Somali looks that we are. I have seen two Somalis with the same features but for whatever reason the darker skinned one looks like they have a more refined look. I think that is what a darker hue does. It could also be why people tan themselves before body building competitions to reveal greater definition. Also, Somalis don't have any recent genetic inflow from Nilosaharans. They are essentially a stabilized ethnically endogamous population (and are a lot less genetically diverse than Ethiosemetic or other Cushitic speaking Ethiopians).

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I've noticed this trend as well. Since @Horn African isn't Somali he/she isn't exposed to the range of Somali looks that we are. I have seen two Somalis with the same features but for whatever reason the darker skinned one looks like they have a more refined look. I think that is what a darker hue does. It could also be why people tan themselves before body building competitions to reveal greater definition. Also, Somalis don't have any recent genetic inflow from Nilosaharans. They are essentially a stabilized ethnically endogamous population (and are a lot less genetically diverse than Ethiosemetic or other Cushitic speaking Ethiopians).

Yeah, I spoke on this a while back:

Qabil endogamy among Somalis is kinda overblown even in the homeland. Ask most people to recount the qabil of all their grandparents and you'll notice the women were often of different qabils and subqabils. Like me. I'm mostly Darood and yet my direct maternal line is Raxanweyn (Maalin Weyn):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notice how the maternal lines are all different with two being of totally different qabils. I noticed I'm not unique in this either. Alotta people running around with ayeeyos and great ayeeyos from different qabils and subqabils or their hooyo is from a different qabil or subqabil from their dad. Somali mtDNA diversity correlates well with this too. I've seen samples from all over Somaliweyn and everywhere you go you see the same overall mtDNA lineages popping up.

It's even in a lot of the qabil origin myths. The Darood's origin myth is seriously about how they were formed through Sheikh Darood marying Dobira, the Dir clan chieftain's daughter. We have always been intermarrying on the maternal side which explains the general autosomal homogeneity and high IBD sharing among Somalis despite the disconnect in terms of Y-DNA like T-L208 Vs. E-V32 or some niggas so far seeming to have V32 subclades separated by many centuries.

Somalis are such a stabilized and close knit group that we keep forming our own cluster in ADMIXTURE runs that often makes up a lot of the ancestry in other Horners and even now I'm alarmed at the range of IBD sharing among us. I'm mostly just a northeastern dude and yet I pop up with relatives from Jabuuti to Harar to all over Koonfur and this isn't irregular form what I've noticed.Crazy stuff.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
How is that a bad thing? Most Somalis are medium brown, the extreme darker ones sometimes tend to be the most mongrelized with b***us/Nilotics. I agree with your second last paragraph they are dumb and desperate. would you say the same thing for females though "color struck"?
nah somalis in Somalia are really dark. Somali diaspora tend to be medium brown but in Somalia we are mostly darkskin. even in the North. I'm from nugaal and we are mostly darkskin

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
nah somalis in Somalia are really dark. Somali diaspora tend to be medium brown but in Somalia we are mostly darkskin. even in the North. I'm from nugaal and we are mostly darkskin

Yup:

Have you ever been back to the hooyoland? Most people back there are pretty dark compared to western diasporans because 1) it's by the bloody equator unlike your western countries and 2) they're usually outside walking around a lot more than folks in the west. I knew some buddies from Canada who were from Hargeysa and when they went back there folks thought they were "mixed" (they're not in the least and these niggas even have genetic results to prove it :ftw9nwa:) because of how light-skinned they were compared to the locals.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unlike you folks in the west we Reer Khaleej live right next to the hooyoland. Boosaaso is like 2 hours away from Dubai. So I got to go back growing up and because it wasn't as indoor of a culture as in the UAE and I spent a lot of time at the beach swimming or wandering around outside I remember how my friends in the UAE would keep saying I'd become like duxul after returning to school once our summer vacation was over.

Even Habeshas are actually much darker back in Ethiopia itself if you go back there. All Horners look darker in their natural, more sunny environment. Afars especially, living in the hottest place on Earth, tend to be almost uniformly duxul back in the Horn.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yeah, I spoke on this a while back:

Somalis are such a stabilized and close knit group that we keep forming our own cluster in ADMIXTURE runs that often makes up a lot of the ancestry in other Horners and even now I'm alarmed at the range of IBD sharing among us. I'm mostly just a northeastern dude and yet I pop up with relatives from Jabuuti to Harar to all over Koonfur and this isn't irregular form what I've noticed.Crazy stuff.

Agreed. Somalis are very uniform.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
It doesn't matter what race you are if you win the genetics lottery

It's just that the standards of being classed as attractive while black in a white country is a lot higher. Now everyone comparing themselves with the top people internationally...

What the hell is it with this, btw? I've noticed that some of my darkest relatives often also have straight hair and very sharp and narrow features. You're not the first person I've seen notice this other than me. Definitely seems a sort of sub type among Somalis.
One of my darker relatives has inbetween timo jileec and madow and has a jewish nose but instead of being hooked it goes sideways like a smaller version of bantu ones without the massive sinkholes they call nostrils :damn:

It doesn't matter what race you are if you win the genetics lottery

It's just that the standards of being classed as attractive while black in a white country is a lot higher. Now everyone comparing themselves with the top people internationally...
its not even genetic lottery its how you dress and act now. like you be a baddie but with a disgusting ratchet hoe attitude and no self respecting man will cuff that same way but i realized it dont go the other way with men since its been glorified in western TV culture to be an ciyaal suuq

I don't, it's mostly Black and sometimes south asian women who complain about this, when in actual fact men prefer all women equally they have no architype, women on the other only want one set type of male. when they say men prefer white women they are talking about white men, they complain about it because they want white males to find them attractive as they do white females. It's all a projection.
Of course.
A1FCE444-115E-430E-A629-D1F0013239D9.jpeg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don't, it's mostly Black and sometimes south asian women who complain about this, when in actual fact men prefer all women equally they have no architype, women on the other only want one set type of male. when they say men prefer white women they are talking about white men, they complain about it because they want white males to find them attractive as they do white females. It's all a projection.

1618408580560.png

I've seen plenty of good looking Bantu girls, people who say Bantu people can't be good looking just have a superiority complex imo. Some of the most attractive women I've seen have been Bantu, yes their hair ain't all that but hey it's not everything.

I find it weird discussing certain races "beauty" as if not every race can have ugly or beautiful people. Its so odd because those of you who are darksins or brownskins with ethnic features who believe "white features or white women" are the prettiest are actively taking part in erasing your own features from being seen as beautiful. You're encouraging white supremacist talking points, these cadaans literally believe their women are so pretty all poc men would rape them smh.
Another thing i had in mind is not all somali people have "sharp features" its been ran with so much that Somalis who dont have it (which is a large number) are told they're not Somali. ITS getting racist at this point the moment you're nose isn't as sharp or your hair isn't as soft you get bombarded with the word bantu.

as for bantu women YES they are beautiful
47585486_325305371645687_7063447723908807059_n.jpeg54277672_412074176226063_6709432803695327502_n.jpegtumblr_pqpcfdztbg1t26jm0o2_540.jpeg27575985_199308757476839_9013605026664284160_n.jpeg681d70d3e123fa4111b3ce07a6fb3689.jpeg5d6c37ae12e212efdb4f8a0f3d531d81.jpeg

Trending