Do you talk to anyone when you need help in life problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Have u tried talking to yourself?
Not out loud like someone who’s Qac but silently having a convo is a natural way of getting a grip of ur issues.
Try it and u can thank me later couse I do it daily in the shower.
Good advice, I’ll definitely try that then :yousmart:

mrlog

VIP
mrlog

No Sxb, I believe in global hugging.

Sorry mrlog,

So far, I accept the arguments for a global warming, till the other side (highly persuasive) come up with arguments based on science and not on ideology.

Isn’t science all about observations.
Haven’t we observed so called global warming after the last ice age?
Doesn’t this indicate that this is a normal cycle that the earth goes thru and not caused by humans and bogus Chlorofluorocarbons.

Isn’t science all about observations.
Haven’t we observed so called global warming after the last ice age?
Doesn’t this indicate that this is a normal cycle that the earth goes thru and not caused by humans and bogus Chlorofluorocarbons.

mrlog

Sxb, you are partially right. You are absolutely on the money that the earth’s climate warmed since the ice age, but what caused it and what’s happening now?

The cycle of warming and cooling of the environment in the past was solely due to the orbiting of the earth, ocean currents & other nature related causes. It was confined to the warming and cooling of our planet.

Fast forward to the last couple of decades when scientists not only observed the rapid rise (more so than before) of temperatures, but they also monitored as evidential the glaciers melting, sea levels rising twice the previous frequencies and many more effects. Could that be dismissed and explained as natural causes? Or, does it correlate with modern human activities like burning fossil fuels, deforestation and other human activities? So far, the arguments of global warming science makes sense to me.

Now, even Australian farmers who were steadfastly proponents and warriors of your viewpoint are slowly converting to the phenomenon of global warming because of their lived experiences as farmers with climate change.

Farmer survey reveals concern, shifting attitudes on climate change.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2016-11-29/climate-change-farmer-survey/8075542

Australia's Farmers Challenged by Climate Change
Farmers down under face the first serious threats from global warming.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/australia-s-farmers-challenged-by-climate-change/

Sxb, this looks like more than a natural phenomenon.

mrlog

VIP
@AussieHustler ina Edmund Bartonoow.
Listen fair enough the Earth is warming up fast now but how do we know this isn’t the same rate as it did the last time it warmed up before the last ice age.
It’s like saying there are fossils found confirming that Apes are the ancestors of humans.
That fossil doesn’t have a birth certificate and similarities in gnome is an assumption.

@AussieHustler ina Edmund Bartonoow.
Listen fair enough the Earth is warming up fast now but how do we know this isn’t the same rate as it did the last time it warmed up before the last ice age.
It’s like saying there are fossils found confirming that Apes are the ancestors of humans.
That fossil doesn’t have a birth certificate and similarities in gnome is an assumption.

mrlog

Sxb, since the industrial revolution and today, there was a major gap in the rising temperatures and, we have witnessed evidences of the effects of global warming like glaciers melting, sea levels rising etc. Check this NASA graph.

203_co2-graph-021116.jpeg

This graph, based on the comparison of atmospheric samples contained in ice cores and more recent direct measurements, provides evidence that atmospheric CO2 has increased since the Industrial Revolution. (Credit: Vostok ice core data/J.R. Petit et al.; NOAA Mauna Loa CO2 record.) Find out more about ice cores (external site).

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Go through this website and let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending