Do you plan on staying in the West all your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
If I can get what I have in the west in Somalia, then I'll spend my old days there. In it's current state, no. I also won't go if it becomes peaceful but like Saudi Arabia. On a side note, late Sunday is not a good time to post because no one sees it.
:kanyeshrug:

Yes.
I feel sorta lost here.
If I enter a profession here then who am I helping?
John Johnston the III and Tristina Laquesha?
I'd much rather take the low pay for my job in Somalia then the high-pay here in the United States. Of course I haven't even graduated yet so I don't know.
I just don't feel like living here especially because of the tensions.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I want to live in the baadiyo in my old age,chill out and rest in the land of my ancestors.If I need money I will access my pension or contact my successful kids for a bill.Once I reach 55 I want to be focused on making as much cibaada as I can.

One thing about living in the west, that is different from other parts is that you either assimilate completely or feel the isolation. And as social being we hate the feeling of exclusion and wish to be accepted by the wider public. This has caused a rise to liberal muslims in the west who to try to fit western ideals into Islam and finally water it down till it cease to exist. Raising kids here, will most likely mean, kids even more watered down then us.

We Somalis in 1 generation have lost our culture, religion an language faster than any other community and have adopted the worst form of western culture :farmajoyaab:; the ghetto culture of gangsterism, drug dealing and shooting etc.
Just 2 days ago a 34 yo Somali man was shot dead in Toronto, most likely by another Somali. AUN

Add to that, the punishing tax and the rat race that is hard to get out of. All the nice cars and houses you see aren't owned by the person but by the banks. You'll see surgeons paying off all types of debts decades later. After paying for the house for 30 years, you then have property tax to eat away your savings.
Atleast in Africa & Asia acquiring assests ,equity and business is more reasonable and much greater rewards. :rejoice:
I see myself in Africa or Asia maybe Somalia if things get better.

Last edited:
Why not?

I see people talking about "if the situation gets better" and "if i can get the things I can get from the west".. f*ck all of that

How about the things you can't get from the west?

Im going to be in a Tent in my villa in Garacad or compound in Gaalkacyo chewing my teeth away with all my family members, lots of guns, khat and camels milk.

Telling stories..

Most of you going to be in the retirement home half handi-cap from all the time u spend on the computer chair next to Alfred and Cindy

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I want to go back home for good. Most of my happy memories are associated with east Africa. I don't care wether job opportunities are scarce. I'll be moving back to the motherland soon.

I used to think I can live back home. But contrary to what many think, living back home, especially in Hargeisa, is fucking expensive. Everything is imported, so costs more than in the UK. Why would I pay 3 dollars for a cup of tea or 12 dollars for a pack of Pringles Sour Cream? Are these people having a laugh?:ayaanswag:

I used to think I can live back home. But contrary to what many think, living back home, especially in Hargeisa, is fucking expensive. Everything is imported, so costs more than in the UK. Why would I pay 3 dollars for a cup of tea or 12 dollars for a pack of Pringles Sour Cream? Are these people having a laugh?:ayaanswag:

Ikr since most stuff are imported it's expensive as heck. Local stuff and clothes are cheap tho

And let's not forget rents and the bills are mad cheap compare to UK.

Somalia is not a place worth working. Unless you will open business or school its not worth it.

If the country improves economically sure :nvjpqts: but for now I will only visit for holidays.

A freaking teacher only earns 500 dollars maximum

You should capitalise on this an form an export system which is cheaper. Hence you could make big money from this.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
NO , when Somalia improves ill go back to work and help out and hopefully retire in Merka.
I really do wish the government sets up an investment website so we could invest.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Yes but only if the country becomes stable. I don't want to risk my life for a stupid idea like Somalinimo.
I would love to contribute to the rebuilding but the risk of losing all the progress in an instant due to terrorists and the unpredictable retarded politics of Somalia is giving me second thought.

If Somalia never becomes stable then I'll just retire in Tanzania or Kenya because they have amazing weather. I don't want kids so no worries about my children not being Somali.

Just imagine when the average people my age start having kids. Those kids will be asking their grandparents about a peaceful Somalia because their parents grew up not knowing a Somalia that's not complete shit. Very depressing stuff that I don't want to experience

Somalia is not a place worth working. Unless you will open business or school its not worth it.

If the country improves economically sure :nvjpqts: but for now I will only visit for holidays.

A freaking teacher only earns 500 dollars maximum
In Kenya teachers don't even earn half of that amount lol.

That's why you will find a lot of Kenyan teachers in Somalia

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE β™‘
Why not?

I see people talking about "if the situation gets better" and "if i can get the things I can get from the west".. f*ck all of that

How about the things you can't get from the west?

Im going to be in a Tent in my villa in Garacad or compound in Gaalkacyo chewing my teeth away with all my family members, lots of guns, khat and camels milk.

Telling stories..

Most of you going to be in the retirement home half handi-cap from all the time u spend on the computer chair next to Alfred and Cindy
thats my nigga
2a9wv95.jpg

I have plans to join my uncle and cousins in Mogadishu. I will probably have to go through dhaqan celis :mjcry:

I just got to save up some money :kanyehmm:

HuunoHunter

Old Head πŸ‘΄πŸΏ
I want to live in the baadiyo in my old age,chill out and rest in the land of my ancestors.If I need money I will access my pension or contact my successful kids for a bill.Once I reach 55 I want to be focused on making as much cibaada as I can.

Better start young bro, there is no guarantee that you will make it past 40.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Hopefully in the future, I shall return to Somalia, insha'Allah. I want to enter the political scene and end this mess once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts