Do you meditate?

Thats white ppl shit :nahgirl:
It was actually the Japanese that invented meditation get your facts right young blood :mybusiness:

1602179812289.jpeg

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
Yes. Goal usually is at least 20 mins a day. There are too many addicting things in our lives now where poor control of your mind will lead you to places you don't want to go.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I've tried it to make a habit of it several times, but I literally can't stop questioning whether I'm doing right which undermines the premise.

Semi-related, do any of you guys do breathing exercises? Not for anxiety, but for the literal function of breathing.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
I tried it, but I can't do it.

My mind won't shut up.
My mind is too chaotic for meditation.

Mine too. It's why I do it. I used to hate it because I couldn't focus for more than a couple of secs. Then I realized how scary it is that I have such a weak control over something that shapes reality for me.

Free will without an iron grip on ones emotions and mind isnt free will but merely the illusion of it.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
I've tried it to make a habit of it several times, but I literally can't stop questioning whether I'm doing right which undermines the premise.

Semi-related, do any of you guys do breathing exercises? Not for anxiety, but for the literal function of breathing.

Theres many different meditation practices. If you just sit and focus on the breath however that's all you need to do. You're breathing 24/7 but you're never aware of it, focus on it to learn how to focus. Whatever your mind comes up with, let it be and just focus on your breathing. Way easier said then done though and you're bound to get lost in your thoughts. But as long as you remember that you're breathing, just come back to that.

Sensation is the next step once you've gotten good at bringing awareness to your breath.(10 min of meditation, if you can focus for at least 2 mins of that then move on to this step). From your head to your toes you have sensations both subtle and not so subtle. Hot, cold, pain, ache, itch, etc etc. Start from your crown and move down or vice versa. Just observe the sensations of your body. Some places might have a lot like a sore neck and others you can't even tell if there is anything like shins for example. Just observe and move on.

If you get super lost go back to the breath. Basically though just be aware of your body. We're super focused on our minds we forget everything else in our bodies.

What purpose do breathing exercise serve? I'm unfamiliar with them

I realized that the satisfaction/relaxed feeling cigarettes gave me, was directly related to me clearing my thoughts and taking deep breaths.