Do you know of Jabarah in the Horn of Africa?

al-Mu'tamid المعتمد

عِشْ مَا شِئْتَ فَإِنَّكَ مَيِّتٌ
According to the Wikipedia page on Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti, it states that he is from Jabarah in the Horn of Africa. However, I am not familiar with any place called Jabarah in the Horn of Africa. Do any of you know of this place?

1689031028837.png

The source the wikipedia article uses says this, so I'm assuming it's the area around Zeila since that's where their family is from.

1689065702636.png

Anyways, I actually found the source interesting, he is described as one of the greatest historians in the Muslim world. I only knew a little about him, didn't know he was that important.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The source the wikipedia article uses says this, so I'm assuming it's the area around Zeila since that's where their family is from.

View attachment 282670
Anyways, I actually found the source interesting, he is described as one of the greatest historians in the Muslim world. I only knew a little about him, didn't know he was that important.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is true. Jabarti was a general term for the region that eventually became applied only to the founder of the darood clan.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
His records are the most reliable source of info for Napoleon’s Invasion of Egypt. I might do a thread about Somalis in Egypt hmm

Trending

Latest posts