Do you have the hercules gene?

Karaboga

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
Myostatin is a protein that limits muscle growth and potential and is controlled by the MSTN gene. Those with the gene produce less myostatin. With less myostatin to block muscle growth, one can produce more muscle.

Eddie hall has the gene it's why most strongman are so big.

If you have done 23andme check for rs1805086.

Genes More informationMarker (SNP) More informationGenomic Position More informationVariants More informationYour Genotype More information
MSTNrs1805086190925077C or TC / C

Had this come up, not sure what it means.

Karaboga

Genes More informationMarker (SNP) More informationGenomic Position More informationVariants More informationYour Genotype More information
MSTNrs1805086190925077C or TC / C

Had this come up, not sure what it means.
I was wrong C is the variant. So you have two copies of the gene. Are you muscular?

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
One of the signs of high myostatin levels is being skinny fat, and i know somalis that are skinny fat so I think that some of us do have the gene.
Skinny fat is the ugliest thing in the world. The amount of men I've seen stick thin with 7 month pregnant bellies.

I know a few buff somalis. But yeah most of us look borderline malnourished.
I think that's because we are more slow twitch muscle fibered (type I muscle fibre) which looks smaller and weaker therefore they "genetically" look malnourished. Although I can't say that for all somalis.

Karaboga

I think that's because we are more slow twitch muscle fibered (type I muscle fibre) which looks smaller and weaker therefore they "genetically" look malnourished. Although I can't say that for all somalis.
Interestingly, I haven't come across a single somali with slow twitch muscle fibers on 23andme. I think it's got more to do with high myostatin and poor diet.

Trending

Latest posts