Do you have any Civil War stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
You mean like @xisaabiye acting like what happened to people he knew and his family can’t be compared to what happened in Xamar (it wasn’t just Darood vs Hawiye as evidenced by @Shanshiyo1234 who is cadcad) when everybody was affected. Even @Coulombs law and @TSP shared that their family’s risked death to save people. This is why Somalia can’t move forward and I fully support federalism until the mistrust and xaasidnimo is no longer a factor.

Yeah but one was clan conflict and the other was the state deliberately targeting people. Persecution of the Isaaq happened way before shit hit the fan in the capital.

As the leadership viewed them with mistrust
I suggest go read about the Jazira Beach massacre

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Yeah but one was clan conflict and the other was the state deliberately targeting people. Persecution of the Isaaq happened way before shit hit the fan in the capital.

As the leadership viewed them with mistrust
I suggest go read about the Jazira Beach massacre
The persecution of Majeerteen started over 20 years before any Isaac were targeted by Siad Barre administration there were embargo on both Majeerteen owned ports of kismayo and bosaso whole towns were burned to the ground in galkacy many Majeerteen were either killed or imprisoned or fled the county ever heard of kulmis? you clearly don’t know your history You narrative it’s just based on emotions

The persecution of Majeerteen started over 20 years before any Isaac were targeted by Siad Barre administration there were embargo on both Majeerteen owned ports of kismayo and bosaso whole towns were burned to the ground in galkacy many Majeerteen were either killed or imprisoned or fled the county ever heard of kulmis? you clearly don’t know your history You narrative it’s just based on emotions
What is kulmis?

What did the SSDF do exactly?

They did quite a lot they weakened the Somali army dramatically, they used to do raids on Somali military bases near the borders and kidnap military personnel. They invaded Somalia and captured a few towns and killed some mareexaans. My mother told me this one kinda crazy story......

The crackdown on MJs happened when my mum was very young like 12 years old and my mum was reer Burco, just south of Burco there was a village where my mums people lived in numbers and in the summer my mums whole family would go there for holiday.

In the summer as they were travelling there they decided to stop in this cafe type of place and it was near the army barracks. There was an army general inside and quite a few travellers from all over the North, then the radio was playing and the news came on and it started naming a lot names of military people and a few politicans who were sentenced to death, the army general got up and turned the radio all the way up and told everyone to shut up, as the names were being read out my mum said he was a very lightskin guy and his face started to turn red and everyone was confused because no one knew the people being read out were all Mj. Northeners were quite clueless.

My mum and her family then left and reached their destination, they slept that night then when they woke up to pray fajr my mum said there were military vehicles patrolling the roads and military helicopters flying above, like a war was on the way, then my grandad went to ask some soldiers on patrol what happened and they said that an army general (cafe one) and a few majeerteen soldiers looted the military base and took heavy artillery and tanks and crossed the border into Ethiopia to join SSDF.

They did quite a lot they weakened the Somali army dramatically, they used to do raids on Somali military bases near the borders and kidnap military personnel. They invaded Somalia and captured a few towns and killed some mareexaans. My mother told me this one kinda crazy story......

The crackdown on MJs happened when my mum was very young like 12 years old and my mum was reer Burco, just south of Burco there was a village where my mums people lived in numbers and in the summer my mums whole family would go there for holiday.

In the summer as they were travelling there they decided to stop in this cafe type of place and it was near the army barracks. There was an army general inside and quite a few travellers from all over the North, then the radio was playing and the news came on and it started naming a lot names of military people and a few politicans who were sentenced to death, the army general got up and turned the radio all the way up and told everyone to shut up, as the names were being read out my mum said he was a very lightskin guy and his face started to turn red and everyone was confused because no one knew the people being read out were all Mj. Northeners were quite clueless.

My mum and her family then left and reached their destination, they slept that night then when they woke up to pray fajr my mum said there were military vehicles patrolling the roads and military helicopters flying above, like a war was on the way, then my grandad went to ask some soldiers on patrol what happened and they said that an army general (cafe one) and a few majeerteen soldiers looted the military base and took heavy artillery and tanks and crossed the border into Ethiopia to join SSDF.
This is quite breathtaking, coz there are many untold stories. We should talk about it coz it is the first step in the healing process

This is quite breathtaking, coz there are many untold stories. We should talk about it coz it is the first step in the healing process
I wouldn’t agree 100% look those skeletons that were digged up by Somaliland only increased their cuqdad, I think they got more cuqdad now then they did say 1999

I wouldn’t agree 100% look those skeletons that were digged up by Somaliland only increased their cuqdad, I think they got more cuqdad now then they did say 1999
The people of somaliland are just like you. They are human beings. So stop with this nonsense.

There were lots of landmines in Burco. Both my cousin and uncle stepped on one and thankfully survived. The story goes that after people deserted the cities the army dug up their belongings and stuffed landmines in their place. My mom is from Burco and she says it's not true becuz she thinks there's no use in talking about this but that explains alot. My mom also lost her older brother who was 17 at the time. He was executed along with others outside of Burco.

Since I wasn't effected directly I talk about the civil war and it doesn't matter but poeple who were there or lost family do not like to talk about it.

There were lots of landmines in Burco. Both my cousin and uncle stepped on one and thankfully survived. The story goes that after people deserted the cities the army dug up their belongings and stuffed landmines in their place. My mom is from Burco and she says it's not true becuz she thinks there's no use in talking about this but that explains alot. My mom also lost her older brother who was 17 at the time. He was executed along with others outside of Burco.

Since I wasn't effected directly I talk about the civil war and it doesn't matter but poeple who were there or lost family do not like to talk about it.

That is so fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts