Do you follow a particular diet?

Are you against eating animal products in general or against animal cruelty.
If you were in Somalia would you mind eating meat?

I eat meat regularly(2-3 times a week), but not as often as I used to(daily). It's not because of animal cruelty necessarily but all the qashin they put in them.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Are you against eating animal products in general or against animal cruelty.
If you were in Somalia would you mind eating meat?

I’m against animal cruelty, and excess of animal product consumption. And yes in moderation I would eat meat/animal product if in Somalia and I knew how the animal was kept.

Of course in Islam meat is halal so I cannot claim it’s haram. But IMO halal is more than how an animal is slaughtered, it’s also how’s its looked after. And in that sense I don’t think industrial farms are capable of producing halal meat. But I defer the final judgement to scholars who know better.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have been completely grain-free for 5.5 years. I also tried going gluten free more than a decade ago (for a short duration).

Not Vegan nor Vegetarian at all. Quite the opposite.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
You raise a good point which is most of us are not educated about how to eat vegan/vegetarian in a sustainable way. So similar to you, when I was vegan I was living on green smoothies ( which I didn’t even enjoy) and under-eating. I had to put in a lot of effort to teach myself new recipes that were to my liking that I looked forward to eating. Sustainability is key to maintaining everything.

Plus I HATE veggies, so I kept eating the same thing over and over again. I'm not vegan from an ethical pov, nor do I believe it is an ideal diet. I just wanted to try and I'm not too comfortable with the agro industry, the supposed environmental impact and the overconsumption of meat.

It's not the ethics behind consuming animals. If chickens didn't wanna get ate, they shouldnt taste so good. Those provocative little birds know what they're doing

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don't have a diet I just avoid meat with baruur , muqmad, hilib geel, maraq and laxoox not fan of it

Im_✨

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How do you feel going grain/gluten free?
mhm meat. i have nothing but meat everyday. hilib eri iyo bariis. burger. allah wallahi your missing out. doesnt matter how the animal is kept. if i aint getting a bad deed from it idgaf lmao

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I'm a pescetarian. Have been for the past 8 years now, tried veganism for 2 years on and off, vegetarian during high school. But pescetarianism is what worked for my lifestyle.

See Food diet.

I see food and I eat it. Just kidding.

I am conscious of what I eat, and have strict portion control. I eat on smaller plates as opposed to larger ones. I don’t eat candy, chocolates, chips, cake, donuts, cupcakes etc. I also make sure my pasta is al dente and I eat high quality foods (organic, free-range). I also drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruit and greens. I’m not sure what “diet” I fall into.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I think I should because calool ba iga soo baxdey and I’m too lazy to lose it. :francis:I don’t wanna go back to Garowe and give honeys the impression that I’m lacag low because of my calool.:farole:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
My mother used to cook 80% Mediterranean diet and 20% was Somali food.

Me personally, I eat whole grain plant based diet since it was found to be the healthiest diet and made easy to met my daily protein requirement when I was working out

I wouldn't class myself as full Vegan because it I had calories to spare and I was feeling lazy. I'll walk to the nearest McDonald, KFC and so on then get myself a chicken burger lol

Now, I just eat whatever

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts