Do you feel more closer to Ethio&eri (incl. Oromo) or Arab and other “ethnic” Muslims

Koofiyad is traditionally Arab. You think Somalis invented the cap rotflmaooooo. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofia_(hat) if anything the version Somalis wear is Swahili but the roots are from Arabs. It's won in different places.
Everyone also wears the Somali koofiyad.

Funniest thing is their national museum tho, they claim Mogadishu was founded by Omanis and claim a lot of Somali work as Omani.

They had a lifesize medieval Somali ship in the museum but claimed it was Omani.

Basically what’s mine is mine but what’s yours is also mine lol.

Garaad diinle

 
Koofiyad is traditionally Arab. You think Somalis invented the cap rotflmaooooo. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofia_(hat) if anything the version Somalis wear is Swahili but the roots are from Arabs. It's won in different places.
You could also argue that koofiyad was not arab culture originally and they slowly adopted it which means كلنا في الهوى سوا we all adopted from somewhere else.

How assimilated are the daroods in dhofar?

They are Harti clans only, no other Daarood clan, they use their Harti sub-clan names as their surname. So you will see notable Omanis with names like Al-Siwaaqroon, Al-Bahante (Dhulbahante), "Reer Cumar", "AlDashishe" etc.
No other Daarood sub-clan has been assimilated in Salalah aside from the coastal Harti who arrived with their beden boats in Salalah and Kismaayo.

Last edited:

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Everyone also wears the Somali koofiyad.

Funniest thing is their national museum tho, they claim Mogadishu was founded by Omanis and claim a lot of Somali work as Omani.

They had a lifesize medieval Somali ship in the museum but claimed it was Omani.

Basically what’s mine is mine but what’s yours is also mine lol.
Those niggas are pathetic
3960C0BD-DA4B-42A2-815D-0404E97DBCD4.png

They also claim that they sold Somalia to the Italians.

:dead:

that is true, Ethiopia and Zanzibar sold Somalia to the colonialists at the Brussels Conference Act of 1890. That’s why Somalis were banned from buying weapons to defend themselves while Shewan Amharas could despite being the biggest slave traders . They literally sat with the Europeans there.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I honestly feel close to no one but if I had to list them.

Muslim HOA> Other African/MENA/South Asian Muslims> Other HOA/Non Muslim Black Africans> Southeast Asian/Balkan/Turkish/Central Asian Muslims> Everyone Else>

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
I feel way closer to my muslim Eritrean friend than any arab or turkish muslim, mostly because we have similar culture and have similar features. Some somalis have this pathetic one-sided beef with habesha when most of them view us as their cousins.
Theres no one sided beef sxb most of us dont care about Ethiopians anymore,Ethiopians are flocking into my state without sandles.
7AE2C9DE-E990-41AC-A78C-D1334E1DB379.png

Feel more close to an Arab tbh, maybe politically more w/ eris and other EA's

Bcuz the town I hail from lies directly under the red sea and have historically traded with Omanis

And any respectful muslim will claim they are more closer to Arabs then Gaalo Xabeshi