Do you consider her somali as other farahs and halimos you meet daily?

I agree she doesnt have a tribe but i disagree with the ppl saying she isnt a somali, and also with the whole qabiil system which strictly links identity with patrilineal descent. I just dont think it makes logical sense in this age, esp considering Somali women are the bedrock in upholding somali culture. I just consider her to be half somali as she rightfully does herself.

It makes sense to recognise her as half Somali, but I don't see strict patriarchal cultures changing their rules on line of descent anytime soon.

I could accept the children of a South Sudanese woman that married out, but it would require certain concessions on the behalf of our daughters that do marry out and would have to be culturally agreed upon and become institutionalised; the children would have to adopt their grandfather's last name and lineage (when they're with us), and would have to accept and affirm their place in the clan...

..But they couldn't ever assume visible positions of power and couldn't ever be the face and voice of the Nation -- and this restriction also applies to children that are only paternally South Sudanese.

That's how I would go about it.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I don’t know where this thing came from that if your father is somali then you are somali kkk. Reality says otherwise. Mixed kids with somali aabo are only slightly more tolerated, not accepted.

On her part, if she would be more visibly muslim etc she could be more accepted. You can see somali in her looks, just needs to put hijab on and bam job done
It’s true islamically you take your dads lineage, but they want to act like Islam said you have no association with the mothers side. You are still half/half. If the mothers lineage was so unimportant then why would allah swt make it that we take our mothers lineage in the hereafter? These 68 IQ people are all just misogynistic. They probably don’t know you take your mothers abtirsi in jannah, these present clans (darod, isaaq, hawiye etc) won’t even exist in the hereafter. Disparaging over lineage is also one of the 4 pre-islamic ignorances the prophet told the ummah to drop, but here we are 1400+ years later.

Ubayy ibn Ka’b reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Two men shared their lineages in the time of Moses, upon him be peace. One man boasted to the other: I am this person, son of this person, back for nine generations. Who are you? You have no mother? The other man said: I am this person, son of this person, son of Islam. Allah revealed to Moses in regards to these two who shared their lineages: As for you tribalist, you shared lineage back for nine generations in Hellfire and you are the tenth of them. As for you, you shared lineage back for two generations in Paradise and you are the third of them.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 21178

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
f*ck that those mixed kids are confused & wanna claim Somalia only for benefit

How she a dblock & claim somaliland
:faysalwtf:
Okay so what if they’re mixed??? Sure she may not have an actual clan but she’s still associated with that clan. Your ethnicity doesn’t disappear juat because you father isn’t somali

Bro let her claim what she wants to claim. Half of yall call yourself american-british or canadian.
Dblocks don't claim somaliland
Okay so what if they’re mixed??? Sure she may not have an actual clan but she’s still associated with that clan. Your ethnicity doesn’t disappear juat because you father isn’t somali
She has no Somali qabil & her mothers qabil doesnt even claim Somaliland .
Half breeds always claim Somali for their benefits hala waso

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Iam not talking about d block:snoop:. Iam talking about any half somali that has a somali mother they can claim their somali roots. Why cant she not say she is half somali because her father is not somali so she has no qabil:mjlol: come on bro this aint the 1800s

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

You’re mad weird, what benefits??? What benefits come with being half somali????? Acting like they don’t have half geeljire dna.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Iam not talking about d block:snoop:. Iam talking about any half somali that has a somali mother they can claim their somali roots. Why cant she not say she is half somali because her father is not somali so she has no qabil:mjlol: come on bro this aint the 1800s
A lost bunch. Only people on this planet like this. Never seen other muslim groups being so hostile to halfers with a different dad. Lol.

She doesn't even claim her mothers roots, her mother is dblock she's claiming Somaliland
Do you see the whole identity crisis ?
:mjlol:

I know that it's petty and immature, but half Arabs are the only people I couldn't ever accept; our history with the Arab world makes it completely untenable; the notion is far too distressing to even entertain.

I remember my visceral reaction when my sister told me that one of her friends married a Lebanese man; I'm not proud of this, but I was immediately overcome by revulsion, anger, hate, and the feeling that she had betrayed our people by marrying from the Arab Nation -- our enemies.

relax guys ain’t no one really trying to be Somali that badly… :dabcasar:

another warning to y’all of why interracial mating is no bueno, do your kids a favor and stick with your kind no matter what if you can help it:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
relax guys ain’t no one really trying to be Somali that badly… :dabcasar:

another warning to y’all of why interracial mating is no bueno, do your kids a favor and stick with your kind no matter what if you can help it:
Only if you’re a woman. Half Somalis with Somali dads have full rights in Somalia. In fact if your dad is a laandheere he’ll have more rights than millions of Somalis 😂

It’s true islamically you take your dads lineage, but they want to act like Islam said you have no association with the mothers side. You are still half/half. If the mothers lineage was so unimportant then why would allah swt make it that we take our mothers lineage in the hereafter? These 68 IQ people are all just misogynistic. They probably don’t know you take your mothers abtirsi in jannah, these present clans (darod, isaaq, hawiye etc) won’t even exist in the hereafter. Disparaging over lineage is also one of the 4 pre-islamic ignorances the prophet told the ummah to drop, but here we are 1400+ years later.

Ubayy ibn Ka’b reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Two men shared their lineages in the time of Moses, upon him be peace. One man boasted to the other: I am this person, son of this person, back for nine generations. Who are you? You have no mother? The other man said: I am this person, son of this person, son of Islam. Allah revealed to Moses in regards to these two who shared their lineages: As for you tribalist, you shared lineage back for nine generations in Hellfire and you are the tenth of them. As for you, you shared lineage back for two generations in Paradise and you are the third of them.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 21178
Interesting info about mother’s lineage. Maybe by taking our mother lineage we could achieve world peace.😂

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You can have Somali ancestry without a tribe. The question should be why you want to belong to one? It's passed down through your father not your mother. Even individuals back home that were mixed with non-Somali but had a Somali mother did not have a Somali qabil. You can speak Somali, have a Somali name, wear the attire, be proud of having partial Somali roots, indulge in the food but you don't have a qabil. Acceptance is key.

She is somali, her reer abti are and you guys can not take that away from her. Her mothers lineage is important too.
images.jpeg
she is not somali nor have somali lineage

I agree she doesnt have a tribe but i disagree with the ppl saying she isnt a somali, and also with the whole qabiil system which strictly links identity with patrilineal descent. I just dont think it makes logical sense in this age, esp considering Somali women are the bedrock in upholding somali culture. I just consider her to be half somali as she rightfully does herself.
There is no such thing half someone can be Somali only if they have somali lineage cuz in ancient time ancient somali males mix with non ancient somali females tht is how somali ppl came To be cuz of males mixing with non ancient somali females not the other way around and tht is why we go by lineage and not maternal lineage and somali woman dont hold somali culture and non somali adopting somali culture or speak somali language doesnt make them somali

alien

📍outer space
VIP
no. she is a somalilander. those landers have forfeited their right to claim Somali

Trending