do you believe somalis originated in the north or the south?

where in somalia do you believe we originated?

• north

Votes: 55 67.9%
  • south

Votes: 26 32.1%

• Total voters

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
How long did somalis practice pastoralism? If they were farmers originally I don’t think they would’ve been able to inhabit the north due to the north being very arid and dry :it0tdo8:

There is nothing called one Somali ethnic group. This so-called ethnic group was created by the Italians to ensure the borders between Abyssinia and Greater Somalia was created. I know that Hawiyes were not mentiond as Somalis till the Italians came.

Oday samaale was believed to be from central.

I believe this because of an old gabay probably past down through oral tradition. And refers to a place.

Odaygi samaale.
Buried under the red sand.
Only if he knew.
His sons are entire tribes now. inhabiting in unimaginable distances(Somali peninsula) and many beyond, though they now are lost and been abandoned.
who have married of others and became caasi.
Their fore were no longer accepted as samaale.
They were casted out of the lands to keep our blood pure.

Still holding the Southern ethnogenesis theory position, when it comes to earliest forms of the Somali language and culture. Not the proto-Cushite stuff, but Somali proper.

So you're saying that although our Cushitic ancestors came from the North, the Somalis proper, originated from the South? interesting.

Austronesians literally took over the majority of the pacific and diverged into different sub groups like polynesian and micronesian :whoo: Imagine if 2 sub groups under cushitic took over most of Africa:banderas:
We can dream, can't we? Soomaaliweyn is still in my heart, but I wonder how this can ever be achieved.

oromos never inhabited jubba back then only somalis did, they inhabited Lake Abaya southern ethiopia where they originated but they tried to invade during the mid-17th century but failed
somalis originated from north the las geel painting prooves that cushites originated from there and the land punt was in the north no body was living south of muqdisho back then it was all empty

Trending