Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Honestly I like the idea of evolution and the dinosaurs clearly can be expained by the quran as having been wiped out during the flood. However i cannot understand why the other monkeys haven't evolved and i'm not just talking about the criminals creating ghettoes and commiting crimes in around the world.

:cosbyhmm:
There is no evidence of a world wide flood though. Unless you believe god makes magical things happen and then hides the proof.

I've read the book called 'Book of Animals, written by Al Jahiz. It's phenomenal. You should buy it. I think it's been translated into English too and you can find it on Amazon. I read the original Arabic.
I will check it out. Can't read Arabic, so I'll go for the English version.

psyche

To each their own
There is no evidence of a world wide flood though. Unless you believe god makes magical things happen and then hides the proof.

Some people speculate that during Nuh's time humanity was living in close proximity to each other.

So instead of a world wide flood, most scholars argee that it was a a flood on a much smaller scale

There is plenty. How would you know they didn't cover it up? Pharoah was found preserved in the red sea exactly as described in the quran.

Tukraq

VIP
I always thought the topic of evolution was very interesting to discuss especially in an Islamic context.

On one hand you have the whole science community almost unanimously agreeing that humans are a result of evolution, much like other animals.

But on the other hand you have the Quran, which claims that humans were created by God using something like clay. Which ultimately leads to to clash with the views of modern science

Personally, I am unsure on which point to truly believe. Since I am not too knowledge on the matter.
Maybe for other organisms that allah created on earth,(not specified how they were created), but humans aren’t native to earth according to Islam as we were not created here but in jannah which is out of this universe, but allah sent Adam down to earth and he was completely different than all the creation here(thinking reasoning being with intelligence)

I always thought the topic of evolution was very interesting to discuss especially in an Islamic context.

On one hand you have the whole science community almost unanimously agreeing that humans are a result of evolution, much like other animals.

But on the other hand you have the Quran, which claims that humans were created by God using something like clay. Which ultimately leads to to clash with the views of modern science

Personally, I am unsure on which point to truly believe. Since I am not too knowledge on the matter.

I Believe in higher power call it what ever you want God or Allah. But for sure the human on this planet Earth ware created and not evolve from apes as the science like to suggest.

Maybe for other organisms that allah created on earth,(not specified how they were created), but humans aren’t native to earth according to Islam as we were not created here but in jannah which is out of this universe, but allah sent Adam down to earth and he was completely different than all the creation here(thinking reasoning being with intelligence)
Other animals think, reason, and have intelligence too. There are some aspects of cognition that researchers are still debating as to whether they are unique to humans, but it's only an intellectual exercise as far as I'm aware - I doubt anyone is convinced humans are unique in any fundamental way from the rest of the animal kingdom. Obviously it doesn't feel like that at all but that's expected because we're looking from an anthropomorphic frame of reference.

I agree with you, but we tend to connect everything with religion however i think every scripture is a secret story telling facts what has toking place on earth on the other hand we human turn it into something to warship and abuse the power to control.

Tukraq

VIP
Other animals think, reason, and have intelligence too. There are some aspects of cognition that researchers are still debating as to whether they are unique to humans, but it's only an intellectual exercise as far as I'm aware - I doubt anyone is convinced humans are unique in any fundamental way from the rest of the animal kingdom. Obviously it doesn't feel like that at all but that's expected because we're looking from an anthropomorphic frame of reference.
Do you really believe we’re no different than any organism or animal in the animal kingdom:mjlol: were at such a difference because were technically aliens as supported by the Quran and not native to earth, angels and humans were made in jannah :lolbron: which would make sense as we are worlds apart from these earthly species when it comes to thought:manny: however If allah created the creation on earth through evolution we don’t know, but angels jinns and humans are different from the rest of creation and were made difffrently

A Good example is to look at now we have democracy you must obey the law or else...?

What was it in the ancient time ? what was their law to stop human to behave like a barbaric one of their successfully tool was the religion. one example was back than families was ashamed to have a daughter so their would kill her as soon she was born. the religion was use for a good but now is used for evil and power. because we have a new law democracy

Do you really believe we’re no different than any organism or animal in the animal kingdom:mjlol: were at such a difference because were technically aliens as supported by the Quran and not native to earth, angels and humans were made in jannah :lolbron: which would make sense as we are worlds apart from these earthly species when it comes to thought:manny: however If allah created the creation on earth through evolution we don’t know, but angels jinns and humans are different from the rest of creation and were made difffrently
I'd love to believe we're unique, but it seems we really are not. I believe one of the aspects being researched recently is called collective intentionality. There are indications however even that may not be unique to us. Bummer. When it got to that I lost interest to be honest because even if that was unique to us it isn't as awesome as, say, being aliens like you say. :zhqjlmx:

I'm sure there are even evolutionary biologists that believe in God. Those are different issues. Also, evolution doesn't have to provide a purpose or some type of theology-like reason as to why we're in this world. It's not meant to by design. Science is pretty much divorced from things like that. Also, if you plot the history of life on earth into a 24-hour time-lapse, humans have only been around for the last 3 seconds. Accepting evolution for the first 23:59:57 and not the last 00:00:03 and for one species out of billions (like @kickz seems to be saying as well) doesn't make sense.

There are are things to consider about evolutionary biology before anyone accepts it at face value as the final answer. In physics and in other modern scientific fields, a theory is tested and proven or disproven. If theory is disproven, changes are made and people go back to working on it.

Evolutionary biology so far is the only branch people are forced or intimidated to accept as it is without proofs. The rigorous questioning and perfecting the theories in science do not apply to it because it has become an article of faith for those who view it wrongly as freedom from God.

Think about these issues regarding a single cell:

- Key organic molecules must link up to form a chain of amino acids. No mistakes are allowed in this chain link and molecules must be interlocked in specific way. Assuming this is what happened, Evolutionary biology can either explain how or claim a chance that out of billions of failures the molecular structure of a cell aligned themselves up as needed. . If it insists on the latter and there was a chance molecules linked up in such a way that they work, statistics disprove the claim based on the intricacy of genetic codes in one single cell organism. Back to square one. Chance or Intellectual design?

- The emergence of many different species in the fossil record at once.
- The missing link claims have still to pan out, so it is a waiting game.
- Simple processes require preparation and a plan,
- It goes against common human experience to claim something arranges themselves into something else without intervention. The cause and effect system we see do not apply to this theory.

Last edited:

There is no evidence as the flood happening on a Global scale according to the Quran. Some Quranic translators believed so and opted to put that view into their Quranic translations. Quran in of itself speaks only about the people of Noah and the Flood as event that occurred to them. Considering also how Allah sent prophets and messengers to each nation, then at the time of Noah, we may have read information about other communities and how they were also ordered to evacuate and avoid the flood assuming it was a global scale.

My approach to scientific theories is the same: Prove your claim and demonstrate it in the lab. Or explain it technically where people can visualize the concepts. If not, and a system is too complex to be handled by lab equipment and human knowledge, and can not be technically explained, claiming "chance" as your explanation for your theory is just as good as the stories we tell children to put them to sleep.

A Good example is to look at now we have democracy you must obey the law or else...?

What was it in the ancient time ? what was their law to stop human to behave like a barbaric one of their successfully tool was the religion. one example was back than families was ashamed to have a daughter so their would kill her as soon she was born. the religion was use for a good but now is used for evil and power. because we have a new law democracy

Except the laws were derived from religion to begin with. And by Religion I mean a revelation from the creator of mankind. That is how these laws would have started.

The simple thinking of Islam(using it as representative of all past faiths revealed by God) is God the creator supplies the manual and the code of conduct to the humans he created so they can live in peace and prosperity. These two conditions require just laws and human thinking. Whilst Allah allowed humans to use their brains and better their conditions, he also demanded they do justice towards one another. Hence, the laws they received through revelation to that end.

The idea that the modern human is better than the earlier ones and everyone who lived beyond past two centuries were savages is rooted in racism. Human beings always had civilizations and great societies existed.

Some of the ancient rulers had in fact oversaw technological advancement we only recently enjoyed. Recall the story of Prophet Solomon who invited that East African Queen Sheba. There is a mention of how she was confused about the reflection of the glass she was walking on in the Castle. She lifted her clothes and assumed she was walking on water seeing her image and all. How many thousands of years ago did this story happen? What else did he master in terms of building? We are told he employed the powerful demons referred to as Ifrit.

Modern day humans think of themselves as greatest among humans. That is not usually the case saxib. Without making unfounded claims, I do tend to dismiss the only greatest civilization to be today's. We know little of the past.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

evolution is an absolute scam! illuminati is behind it to hide Intelligent design

I thank @Inquisitive_ for showing this video years back

evolution is an absolute scam! illuminati is behind it to hide Intelligent design

I thank @Inquisitive_ for showing this video years back

Illuminati must be the go to option to dismiss anything. I hear this often from my 20 year old relative. There is no conspiracy with the theory of evolution. The issue is how segments of the scientific community wants the theory to be treated. Almost all scientists are open to criticism and would accept dismissal/criticism of their theories if their claims can not be proven, except this branch of science. Updates happen continuously in biology that contradict the orthodoxy but hardly anyone can say anything out of fear.

Evolutionary biologists are shunned and dismissed quickly among their circle of friends if they challenge the status quo. It is weird for a scientific community.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Illuminati must be the go to option to dismiss anything. I hear this often from my 20 year old relative. There is no conspiracy with the theory of evolution. The issue is how segments of the scientific community wants the theory to be treated. Almost all scientists are open to criticism and would accept dismissal/criticism of their theories if their claims can not be proven, except this branch of science. Updates happen continuously in biology that contradict the orthodoxy but hardly anyone can say anything out of fear.

Evolutionary biologists are shunned and dismissed quickly among their circle of friends if they challenge the status quo. It is weird for a scientific community.
We accept Microevolution as noted by Al-Jahiz in his book, but macro evolution is false.

NO species can turn into another. Especially humans.

@Schematics Did you fall victim for Christian creationism propaganda or just mistakenly went on one of their sites while searching for objections? Because you have used all the buzzwords and hogwash they employed when they were fighting in the courts for Christian creationism to be taught in schools, and dressing it up in different clothes (renaming it intelligent design etc). For example, the sheer insanity of this logic:

- Key organic molecules must link up to form a chain of amino acids. No mistakes are allowed in this chain link and molecules must be interlocked in specific way. Assuming this is what happened, Evolutionary biology can either explain how or claim a chance that out of billions of failures the molecular structure of a cell aligned themselves up as needed. . If it insists on the latter and there was a chance molecules linked up in such a way that they work, statistics disprove the claim based on the intricacy of genetic codes in one single cell organism. Back to square one. Chance or Intellectual design?

There is so much wrong with this paragraph it's just crazy! But I've one question first of all.

1. What does this have to do with the theory of evolution?

We could never find out about how non-living matter turned into living matter, and the theory of evolution, the so-called neo-Darwinian synthesis, would remain true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending