Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
evolution more believable than the mud theory. i put couple kilos of mud in different pots and theres no signs of life.

Last edited:
I believe that we have some genetics in common with with apes, orangutans and others but I don’t believe we came from them. I religious so I believe in Adam an Hawa. That being said, I totally respect anyone with a different opinion.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
For you religious folk who do not believe in evolution, can you explain to me how evolution conflicts with god?
I believe for once we were apes. And the earth existed after the Big Bang (with the help of Allah)
Dude even the Head of DNA institute believes in God. Who the hell are you? I haven't researched evolution so I can't disapprove of it, but we are not in this world by chance of an ape evolving in into a human that's for sure. The rest of evolution sounds plausible.
I believe that we have some genetics in common with with apes, orangutans and others but I don’t believe we came from them. I religious so I believe in Adam an Hawa. That being said, I totally respect anyone with a different opinion.

Evolution doesn't say we evolved from apes. It says millions of years ago we had a common ancestor.
The species overtime diverged into separate lineages one leading to apes and the other leading to early hominids and eventually modern humans.

This diagram should give you a rough idea of what I'm talking about.

main-qimg-40b64907c904ce1f793f39ce033e1f21-c

For you religious folk who do not believe in evolution, can you explain to me how evolution conflicts with god?

Evolution doesn't say we evolved from apes. It says millions of years ago we had a common ancestor.
The species overtime diverged into separate lineages one leading to apes and the other leading to early hominids and eventually modern humans.

This diagram should give you a rough idea of what I'm talking about.

main-qimg-40b64907c904ce1f793f39ce033e1f21-c
Well in the Quran it’s says that we are the children of Adam and Hawa and the Quran is the word of God and I take Gods word of scientists any day. But just because their were beings that had the same genetics than us doesn’t me they are our ancestors. It could been that they just had the same genetics than us. My problem with people who believe in evolution is, that they believe everyone else is stupid to not believe in it.. I believe in science but I believe in God more.

Aaegal

Well in the Quran it’s says that we are the children of Adam and Hawa and the Quran is the word of God and I take Gods word of scientists any day. But just because their were beings that had the same genetics than us doesn’t me they are our ancestors. It could been that they just had the same genetics than us. My problem with people who believe in evolution is, that they believe everyone else is stupid to not believe in it.. I believe in science but I believe in God more.
The problem with Adam and Hawa is the lack of genetic diversity and the fact that it wouldn't have been possible for two people to create humanity in it's current size and dominance.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
technically we are the sons of noah through cush who was the great grandson of noah

the cushitic peoples like the habeshas somalis and afars and semites are the only ones who can count back to adanm and hawa:samwelcome:

The problem with Adam and Hawa is the lack of genetic diversity and the fact that it wouldn't have been possible for two people to create humanity in it's current size and dominance.
Well, evolution! Humans been here over thousands of years of course we gonna change and adopt to our surroundings. You know that is why they are Black, Latino, Asians and White people. My problem is whit we having ancestors that were not human.

Evolution is true. I don't believe in the Christian concept that the world is 6000 years old lmao.

Evolution is not a foreign concept in Islam. Many religious scholars and polymaths explained this concept long before Darwin actually wrote his book On the Origin of Species, and Evolution is not a process which goes against the teachings of Islam. This notion that the earth is 6000 years old is a creationist myth created by Christian priests.

In Kitab al-Hayawan (Book of the Animals), the 9th-century scholar al-Jāḥiẓ references several facets of natural selection, such as animal embryology, adaptation, and animal psychology. One notable observation al-Jāḥiẓ makes is that stronger rats were able to compete better for resources than small birds, a reference to the modern day theory of the "struggle for existence."[22] In the 11th century, the scholar Sami S. Hawi argues that Persian scholar Ibn Miskawayh wrote about the evolution of man in his Fawz al-aṣghar.[23]

The 14th-century influential historiographer and historian Ibn Khaldun wrote the Muqaddimah or Prolegomena ("Introduction") on what he referred to as the "gradual process of creation." He stated that the Earth began with abiotic components such as "minerals." Slowly, primitive stages of plants such as "herbs and seedless plants" developed and eventually "palms and vines." Khaldun connects the later stages of plant development to the first stages of animal development.

Aaegal

Well, evolution! Humans been here over thousands of years of course we gonna change and adopt to our surroundings. You know that is why they are Black, Latino, Asians and White people. My problem is whit we having ancestors that were not human.

Why would that be a problem? I think the resilience of life to adapt and survive for billions of year and for all life to share a common thread is quite beautiful.

If evolution isn’t true, how can you explain the neanderthal, denisovan and other homo erectus DNA found in humans?

My problem with people who believe in evolution is, that they believe everyone else is stupid to not believe in it.. I believe in science but I believe in God more.
I don't think one has to be stupid for opposing evolution. Religious background and lack of scientific education are the biggest obstacles. In fact, religious views or background account for pretty much all of the opposition. There are so many smart people who due to myriad of complex reasons believe in strange things. I remember there was even a book with a title along the lines of why smart people believe in stupid things, though for the life of me I can't even find it now.

Evolution is far more intuitive and far better supported than many other pretty much opposition-free scientific theories. The difference is that those theories haven't emerged against the backdrop of thousands of years of belief systems that had formed their own explanation of life on earth.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

I dont think genetics apply to someone that can say "Be" and whatever He wills is.:mjkkk:

Honestly I like the idea of evolution and the dinosaurs clearly can be expained by the quran as having been wiped out during the flood. However i cannot understand why the other monkeys haven't evolved and i'm not just talking about the criminals creating ghettoes and commiting crimes in around the world.

:cosbyhmm:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Honestly I like the idea of evolution and the dinosaurs clearly can be expained by the quran as having been wiped out during the flood. However i cannot understand why the other monkeys haven't evolved and i'm not just talking about the criminals creating ghettoes and commiting crimes in around the world.

:cosbyhmm:

They apparently decided we are good slinging our shit at eachother in the jungle and eating bananas.

In Kitab al-Hayawan (Book of the Animals), the 9th-century scholar al-Jāḥiẓ references several facets of natural selection, such as animal embryology, adaptation, and animal psychology. One notable observation al-Jāḥiẓ makes is that stronger rats were able to compete better for resources than small birds, a reference to the modern day theory of the "struggle for existence."[22] In the 11th century, the scholar Sami S. Hawi argues that Persian scholar Ibn Miskawayh wrote about the evolution of man in his Fawz al-aṣghar.[23]

The 14th-century influential historiographer and historian Ibn Khaldun wrote the Muqaddimah or Prolegomena ("Introduction") on what he referred to as the "gradual process of creation." He stated that the Earth began with abiotic components such as "minerals." Slowly, primitive stages of plants such as "herbs and seedless plants" developed and eventually "palms and vines." Khaldun connects the later stages of plant development to the first stages of animal development.
These individuals were never mentioned back when I had biology classes.

The teachers always stressed the fact that Charles Darwin was the first individual to take note of this natural selection phenomenon. It's Eurocentrism.

These individuals were never mentioned back when I had biology classes.

The teachers always stressed the fact that Charles Darwin was the first individual to take note of this natural selection phenomenon. It's Eurocentrism.

I've read the book called 'Book of Animals, written by Al Jahiz. It's phenomenal. You should buy it. I think it's been translated into English too and you can find it on Amazon. I read the original Arabic.

Status
Not open for further replies.