Do Somalis have the worst genetics for muscle building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
So I’ve been going gym for a bit over a year now (started November 2017).

Went from 170 to 200/205 lbs, and I’m quite big now. Like when I’m in the real world people can notice I go to the gym. But when I’m in the gym, I still feel that I’m small or even at best average compared to everyone else

Anyway I’ve changed gyms recently to a new one.

Mainly timo jilecs but a few Somalis as well

Wallahi when I tell you that I’m shook. Almost all the timo jilecs have nice bodies, even the odeys :damn:.

And every single Somali I’ve seen is either mad skinny or fat(with zero muscle). Like woow are we really that fucked. And all the Somalis look at me like im their messiah or something as well WTF leave me alone.

This has been an awful experience for me man:dwill::francis:

Apollo

VIP
Almost any person from any background can become jacked if they train hard enough.

It's just that West Africans/Niger-Congo populations and Slavs/East Europeans have a natural advantage. The rest of the world doesn't.

World

VIP
Almost every ethnicity can become jacked if they train hard enough.

It's just that West Africans/Niger-Congo populations and Slavs/East Europeans have a natural advantage. The rest of the world doesn't.
I should have said it differently. Somalis have the thinnest frame/skeletal mass. If you compare the wrist and ankle sizes of Somalis to all other ethnicities, I believe we would be the smallest. Excluding gulf arabs. If you want to look massive then you need at least an 8 inch wrist or something. Mine is 7.3 which is the average for Europeans but probably above average for Somalis.

Apollo

VIP
I should have framed it differently. Somalis have the thinnest frame/skeletal mass. If you compare the wrist and ankle sizes of Somalis to all other races, I believe we would be the smallest. Excluding gulf arabs.

Somalis living in the Horn live in one of the poorest countries with high rates of malnutrition.

You should go by Western-raised Somalis to compare them to other groups when it comes to physique. They are not that skinny and can become muscular if they want to.

I'd say East Asians and South Asians are worse than Somalis when it comes to building muscle mass, yet there are jacked East Asians.

World

VIP
Somalis living in the Horn live in one of the poorest countries with high rates of malnutrition.

You should go by Western-raised Somalis to compare them to other groups when it comes to physique. They are not that skinny and can become muscular if they want to.

I'd say East Asians and South Asians are worse than Somalis when it comes to building muscle mass, yet there are jacked East Asians.
North Indians and Pakistanis have good physiques from what I’ve noticed, as well as Levantine Arabs and Egyptians when they go to the gym. I don’t know much about East Asians. The only south Asians that may be worse than Somalis are the Dravidian types, certainly not the Aryan descended ones.

Stop projecting your failings onto the Somali race. In Australia, where I live, there is numerous lean, muscular and jacked Somali nikkas. Fix your diet, lower the carbs [Best to go Keto or Zero Carb], ramp up the protein and fat consumption and you will see the wonder of the Geeljire genes.

World

VIP
Stop projecting your failings onto the Somali race. In Australia, where I live, there is numerous lean, muscular and jacked Somali nikkas. Fix your diet, lower the carbs [Best to go Keto or Zero Carb], ramp up the protein and fat consumption and you will see the wonder of the Geeljire genes.
I really wish I was lying. The Somalis I know who go the gym are all twigs even after starting the same time as me, cadaans who don’t even go to the gym look stronger than them. There is only one somali guy I know who is big, and he was born with a massive skeletal frame(6ft 5, and always quite big) and was muscular form a young age.

Unless you jump on cycle, your wrist and ankle size will determine how big you can be.

I really wish I was lying. The Somalis I know who go the gym are all twigs even after starting the same time as me, cadaans who don’t even go to the gym look stronger than them. There is only one somali guy I know who is big, and he was born with a massive skeletal frame(6ft 5, and always quite big) and was muscular form a young age.

Unless you jump on cycle, your wrist and ankle size will determine how big you can be.
This is dietary related; it has nothing to do with genetics. People who grow up on a higher protein and fat diet generally are bigger boned people and more muscular.Since meat, dairy and eggs stimulate more HGH production, has more fat soluble vitamins which stimulates more growth and more protein to develop the human. There was definitely stunted growth issues in Somalis post war but again that’s dietary related., a high sugar and high carb diet will do that to you.

Most Somalis who born in the West, post war, around 95+ have no issue putting on muscle, maybe there’s a meat or quality food shortage where you live. Just compare South Koreans to North Koreans who are the exact same stock, diet is everything.

There's nothing wrong with the Somali genetics, generally Somalis have high testosterone levels, it’s the diet that problematic for our people. Even if the Somali is skinny, bone is not muscle. You can be muscular with a skinny frame; a lot of the great bodybuilders were skinny growing up.

Plus most teenagers are skinny and men in their early 20s, around 25+ is when men start to really mature and put on muscle.

Diet is everything,

Most Skinny Somalis I have been have sweet tooth and Insulin issues; once I prescribe Keto, ZeroCarb or Low Carb, they all come back to me bigger, more muscular and ripped than ever . That's the power of diet, most Somalis don't realize carbs aren't necessary and its fat and protein what the human body craves for development, hormonal profile and essential building blocks

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Totally agree; diet is everything.

Starting to think that the ketosis diet is the standard Somali nomadic diet.

Milk & meat is pretty much fat + protein and a tiny amount of carbs.

Wish someone did a full study on us to get a better picture of how we process food.

World

VIP
This is dietary related; it has nothing to do with genetics. People who grow up on a higher protein and fat diet generally are bigger boned people and more muscular.Since meat, dairy and eggs stimulate more HGH production, has more fat soluble vitamins which stimulates more growth and more protein to develop the human. There was definitely stunted growth issues in Somali post war but again that’s dietary related., a high sugar and high carb diet will do that to you.
No mate. We adapted smaller bones due to our environment, people with a very large skeletal mass would have a hard time surving in the semi arid hot deserts of Somalia and wouldn’t pass on their genes. Just like how people living on mountains adapted to be much shorter(Yemenis, Ethiopians, Tibetans). Do you think that if given a Western diet, they’ll be as tall as Scandinavians? No, of course not.

Most Somalis who born in the West, post war, around 95+ have no issue putting on muscle, maybe there’s a meat or quality food shortage where you live. Just compare South Koreans to North Koreans who are the exact same stock, diet is everything.
I don’t disagree. I’m just saying that Somalis have smaller frames, so would never look as big as an Cadaan, Madow or an Arab who goes gym as long as them since they on average have bigger frames. Also, I have noticed that Somalis tend to have skinny forearms and calves even after hitting the gym.

There's nothing wrong with the Somali genetics, generally Somalis have high testosterone levels, it’s the diet that problematic for our people. Even if the Somali is skinny, bone is not muscle. You can be muscular with a skinny frame; a lot of the great bodybuilders were skinny growing up.

Plus most teenagers are skinny and men in their early 20s, around 25+ is when men start to really mature and put on muscle.

Diet is everything,
It’s true that bone is not muscle and that you can be muscular with a skinny frame, but people with skinny frames look DYEL with clothes on.
Diet isn’t important as long as you’re eating healthy and meeting your caloric/macro requirements. I don’t recall reading any studies on testosterone levels of Somalis, do you mind pointing one to me? And tbh, I don’t think testosterone levels differ much by ethnicity/race.

So I’ve been going gym for a bit over a year now (started November 2017).

Went from 170 to 200/205 lbs, and I’m quite big now. Like when I’m in the real world people can notice I go to the gym. But when I’m in the gym, I still feel that I’m small or even at best average compared to everyone else

Anyway I’ve changed gyms recently to a new one.

Mainly timo jilecs but a few Somalis as well

Wallahi when I tell you that I’m shook. Almost all the timo jilecs have nice bodies, even the odeys :damn:.

And every single Somali I’ve seen is either mad skinny or fat(with zero muscle). Like woow are we really that fucked. And all the Somalis look at me like im their messiah or something as well WTF leave me alone.

This has been an awful experience for me man:dwill::francis:

>Muh genetics
Idk about the Somali males down under, but the ones I live around (north England) all have broad shoulders/small wrists/long insertions.
-Longer muscle insertions are more aesthetic but take longer to develop.
-broad shoulders for the v shape
-small wrists give the illusion of bigger arms.

We aren't made for powerlifting though. Go too far beyond 1/2/3/4 and you'll end up in snap city.

>Every single Somali I see is skinny/skinny-fat/fat

The majority of people are - not many people work out and even less train with weights. That is why people can tell you lift even if you're not a big guy.

What is your routine?

What is your diet like?

What is your height/weight?

What are your lifts?

If you haven't already done so, read the fucking sticky (4chan.org/fit)

Last edited:

World

VIP
>Muh genetics
Idk about the Somali males down under, but the ones I live around (north England) all have broad shoulders/small wrists/long insertions.
-Longer muscle insertions are more aesthetic but take longer to develop.
-broad shoulders for the v shape
-small wrists give the illusion of bigger arms.

We aren't made for powerlifting though. Go too far beyond 1/2/3/4 and you'll end up in snap city.
I don’t know about broad shoulders, but I agree about the small wrists and long insertions.

Small wrists are not good. Unless you jump on a cycle, they will limit your arm size. And generally they determine how big you can be. You’ll most likely look DYEL in clothes as well.

There is not much variance among Somalis, we all seem to have these characteristics even if we’re short.

>Every single Somali I see is skinny/skinny-fat/fat

The majority of people are - not many people work out and even less train with weights. This is why people can tell you lift even if you're not a big guy.
I’m talking about the new gym I go to. I’ve seen maybe 7-8 Somalis here, and the rest are mainly Timo Jilecs. Yet all the Somalis either are skinny/skinny fat/fat(with no muscle definition and bad posture), compared to the time jilecs who 7/10 I see have nice bodies. Why such a stark difference?

Apollo

VIP
I’m talking about the new gym I go to. I’ve seen maybe 7-8 Somalis here, and the rest are mainly Timo Jilecs. Yet all the Somalis either are skinny/skinny fat/fat(with no muscle definition and bad posture), compared to the time jilecs who 7/10 I see have nice bodies. Why such a stark difference?

Fitness culture isn't so popular with Somalis, at least not yet. Somali parents/elders also discourage Somali boys from doing such activities. It's cultural, at least at the moment.

I don’t know about broad shoulders, but I agree about the small wrists and long insertions.

Small wrists are not good. Unless you jump on a cycle, they will limit your arm size. And generally they determine how big you can be. You’ll most likely look DYEL in clothes as well.

There is not much variance among Somalis, we all seem to have these characteristics even if we’re short.

>Small wrists - ASS =dyel in clothing

Fake news.

What is your routine/5 rep maxes?

Apollo

VIP
How I imagine Qabille to look:

38jpyJZ.png

Chad Qabille

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I can't say much, i can put on muscles but also on fat. Guess, nature hates me
:shookgabre::shookgabre::shookgabre::shookgabre::heh::hemad:

Worst is admiring something that you genetically arent. Its mentally draining and physically unhealthy. Somalis burn calories faster than whites. Be proud of the thin and lean look.

Dont get me wrong somali men should workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts