Do Somalis have the worst genetics for muscle building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. We adapted smaller bones due to our environment, people with a very large skeletal mass would have a hard time surving in the semi arid hot deserts of Somalia and wouldn’t pass on their genes. Just like how people living on mountains adapted to be much shorter(Yemenis, Ethiopians, Tibetans). Do you think that if given a Western diet, they’ll be as tall as Scandinavians? No, of course not.

Now that a nonsensical reason as to why Somalis “have skinny bones”.

Here’s the real reason why Somalis in Somalia originally “had skinny bones". I put skinny bones in quotation marks as Somalis in yesteryear's were actually quite big boned but comparing them to people who have access to three servings of meat a day is unfair

A nomad in Somalia had to persist of his camels mainly and other livestock to survive. Thus he/she had to make efficient usage of livestock to survive, thrive and provide his future of-springs. Somalis generally lived off the milk of the animal which was sufficient for growth and development but nowhere near that off meat. Meat is the most powerful food when it comes to growth and development. Thus killing a livestock was a MAJOR event and only occurred in special occasions like marriage, death, birth and when distant travelers visited. So Somalis much like their Dinka cousins, rarely ate meat because losing livestock was a dangerous game, and creating a new life/animals was time consuming game.So the Somalis under these conditions, grew taller, slim and hard boned(Bones made of steel). Plus living in a environment which Vitamin D was plentiful made Somalis leaner, as Vitamin D burns fat,also people who live in warmer climates are leaner, because they don’t need extra fat for warm and fat soluble vitamins are stored in fat, hence why Africans are generally leaner, not skinner.

So the leanness of Somalis, long limbs and tall stature is caused by environment and diet; where diet being the larger factor here

historical-median-male-height.png

Look at how height exploded in the 1900s+, why? Did the enviroment change? No so much.

The world modernized and people suddenly had access to plentiful amounts of meats, dairy and eggs. It isn’t surprising that Scandinavians are the tallest as their diet is HEAVILY dairy based. These a reason why people who eat high dairy are the tallest, Somalis, Dinka, Massai, Fulani and other dairy based groups are taller than their agriculture
counterparts,

Yes, anyone can be tall. Just look at the height difference between North and South Koreans. if you add raw dairy products to the South Korean diet, I have no doubts they can be tall as Scandinavians. Like I said, I know numerous second generation Xabesha people who are taller than 6’2. You can give any group access to quality meat, dairy and eggs and their offspring will grow greatly.

Diet is everything, is effects hormonal profile, absorption, digestion, metabolism, growth, development, organ health, basally everything

I don’t disagree. I’m just saying that Somalis have smaller frames, so would never look as big as an Cadaan, Madow or an Arab who goes gym as long as them since they on average have bigger frames. Also, I have noticed that Somalis tend to have skinny forearms and calves even after hitting the gym.

Somalis have smaller frames simply because Somalis are raised on a high sucrose and high carb diet. Revert Somalis to high dairy, high meat, with eggs, fish and healthy carbs, and their height, bone and muscle development will explode.

Sugar damages the liver which effects Vitamin A absorption, Vitamin D absorption, IGF1 production, and so on. Carbs are energy and provide no real nutrients. Of course Somalis have smaller frames, when the modern Somalis is arguably the worst diet imaginable; it is basically a sugar diet(Refined Sugar and Carbs) with low protein, fat and cholesterol.

It’s true that bone is not muscle and that you can be muscular with a skinny frame, but people with skinny frames look DYEL with clothes on.
Diet isn’t important as long as you’re eating healthy and meeting your caloric/macro requirements. I don’t recall reading any studies on testosterone levels of Somalis, do you mind pointing one to me? And tbh, I don’t think testosterone levels differ much by ethnicity/race.

Some of the greatest bodybuilders have small frames.

Have you seen young Dorian Yates? Young Kevin Levrone? Young Brian Buchanan? Just search any bodybuilders as teenage and early 20s and they all had small frames; if anything people with smaller frames have more impressive bodies and their muscles have more pop.

There hasn't been any testosterone levels checks for Somalis in Somalia or Somalis in the West. But Somali facial development usually indicates testosterone levels, sharp facial structure, insanely high cheekbone and assertive behavior.

Diet is everything, it effects hormones, digestive process, minerals/vitamins absorption, mineral balance, organ health, growth, development and everything is.

All Somalis need to do is modernize without eating processed garbage.

A high cholesterol, high protein, high fat diet with vegetables, fruits, raw dairy products whilst removing refined sugar, wheat, hydrogenated oils and using only rice and potatoes as a source of healthy starchy carbs

End of story,

Diet is EVERYTHING, insane how anyone else can think otherwise.

Almost any person from any background can become jacked if they train hard enough.

It's just that West Africans/Niger-Congo populations and Slavs/East Europeans have a natural advantage. The rest of the world doesn't.
I agree! it's like fat gaining. While we take longer to pack on fat, other populations pack it on easier due to them adapting to cold climates but we eventually pack on fat after 23 years. In my opinion if you work on you gym ethic anyone can get really jacked.

too much rice and pasta. its all about the diet plus somalia is arid region, not enough vegetable for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending