Do Somali girls divorce just for clout?

psyche

To each their own
:cosbyhmm: I thought you gave up. And can you tell me why Abdis are striken more with baby rabbies than Xalimos.

Somali men on here have a weird obession with having a mini army of faraxs at their disposal.

Don't know why but it's kinda insensitive to be honest considering that their wife/wives are the ones that are going to carry all those children.

I.M lewis talks about the nomadic culture of Somalis, and i've read enough to know that it isn't as rare or shocking as you make it seem. I'm not suggesting that it was seen as normal, but I don't buy for one second that these women were 'ruined' upon divorce. Also, i have reer meey people in my family, many were actually originally meey and migrated.
Are you halimaJ? If not are you related to her?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I.M lewis talks about the nomadic culture of Somalis, and i've read enough to know that it isn't as rare or shocking as you make it seem. I'm not suggesting that it was seen as normal, but I don't buy for one second that these women were 'ruined' upon divorce.

My reer meey cousin got a divorce and i don't recall anyone making a fuss tbh. So i'm confused.

All i'm saying is that as a group, we really never thought of it as shocking, because if we did, that attitude would still be present.
Reer waqooyi are probably the least tolerant and from what you're saying reer mudug as well. We are not Asian or Arab.
So now you are quoting that cadaan nigga as a Somali historian. The fact that is your source on Somali culture and history says it all.

You are speaking of modern perspective, not Somaliya a 100 or 200 years ago. Back then 2 chiefs would marry off their daughters to each other to settle a peace agreement. Women would be married off by their fathers in exchange for camels and goats and here you are talking about feminism in baadiyo

You never answered, what region are you from :hmm:

In every way. He was funny, witty and he liked to call Somali men out for their shit. You will never be able to measure up to him so don’t try. :wow:
I will make you eat those words

I was shitposting memes most of the time, but I will be a mix of reason and comedy personified from now on to make you admit I am the better poster.

So now you are quoting that cadaan nigga as a Somali historian. The fact that is your source on Somali culture and history says it all.

You are speaking of modern perspective, not Somaliya a 100 or 200 years ago. Back then 2 chiefs would marry off their daughters to each other to settle a peace agreement. Women would be married off by their fathers in exchange for camels and goats and here you are talking about feminism in baadiyo

Looooool i have read alot of books and they come to the same conclusion. I am fascinated by Somali history. Recently, i've been reading a biography of a woman who was raised in the meey in the 40s and 50s. Interesting read so far. I'm an avid reader.

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I.M lewis, was helped by Somali professors in the 60s.

This has nothing to do with feminism, and I think sspots obsession with feminism is unhealthy.

I'm fully aware that arranged marriages were common, and that sometimes forced marriages happened, yet divorce was not a taboo. Every culture is different and Somalis, on average historically did not see divorce the way Asians and Arabs do. That is a fact, meey or not. In all my readings and speaking to elders, whilst divorce was disliked it was definitely not unheard of and divorced women would often get married again.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Looooool i have read alot of books and they come to the same conclusion. I am fascinated by Somali history. Recently, i've been reading a biography of a woman who was raised in the meey in the 40s and 50s. Interesting read so far. I'm an avid reader.

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I.M lewis, was helped by Somali professors in the 60s.

This has nothing to do with feminism, and I think sspots obsession with feminism is unhealthy.

I'm fully aware that arranged marriages were common, and that sometimes forced marriages happened, yet divorce was not a taboo. Every culture is different and Somalis, on average historically did not see divorce the way Asians and Arabs do. That is a fact, meey or not. In all my readings and speaking to elders, whilst divorce was disliked it was definitely not unheard of and divorced women would often get married again.
You can't make these bold claims without stating where you are from

What region are you from :farmajoyaab:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somali men on here have a weird obession with having a mini army of faraxs at their disposal.

Don't know why but it's kinda insensitive to be honest considering that their wife/wives are the ones that are going to carry all those children.

:qri8gs7:If they were going through that wear and tear. I doubt they'd want a fantasy baby battalion.
7kw1.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Why are you acting like xalimos don't choose to have all those kids too:ulyin:
These expectations didn't pop out of thin air.

Halimos (back me up ladies) don't fantasize about having a lot of babies.
giphy.gif

While Abdis on the other hand are a different story.

@Jaydaan What is wrong with people on this forum.:mjlol:

Of course its me HalimaJ.

I couldn't call myself Halimaj so I went with HalimaK. I miss my old name :kendrickcry:

I would have thought it was obvious....

@Samaalic Era you know what parts i'm from, i've mentioned it many times.

Anyways, don't get used to my return. I'm going to leave again.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP

I couldn't call myself Halimaj so I went with HalimaK. I miss my old name :kendrickcry:

Well fucking hell she's actually back:leon:

How's life been?
Is 4 a lot of babies ? :cosbyhmm:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah that's a lot. I don't even think I want kids, they're energy, money and life force draining little shits. I would've hated my younger self and refused to look after him.

I'm content with being an uncle, get too see kids and play with em but I'll never have to raise them.

Welcome back and stay. You are a good poster. What happened to your old name?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Why make a new account lmao

Anyhow, welcome back :mjohreally: