Do Somali girls divorce just for clout?

I think a lot of young women watch these videos to learn from their experience so they have a better picture of what marriage is like after the honeymoon phase. It's not always roses and chocolate, sometimes it's tough and its better to be prepared :)
SMILE FOR ME WHEN I COME OVER FOR IFTAR TODAY

does anyone else feel like a lot of divorces in the community are catalyzed by the older naag nools/nin rags? they give out terrible advice or threaten gossip

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
does anyone else feel like a lot of divorces in the community are catalyzed by the older naag nools/nin rags? they give out terrible advice or threaten gossip
I think it has more to do with two people who get married without doing enough research, or are too immature to handle marriage. Another thing is that both parties tell their whole business to their friends. Best advice would be to move away from Somalis when you get married.

I think it has more to do with two people who get married without doing enough research, or are too immature to handle marriage. Another thing is that both parties tell their whole business to their friends. Best advice would be to move away from Somalis when you get married.
that's true about the immaturity, when it comes to people treating marriage like dating, basically just a halal outlet for physical desires. But theres a lot of negative influence from older generation, too. somali women even when married for years will be unhappy because they listen to the notion that they can only be good wives if they overwork themselves to the bone (naag nool iska dhig) and men will avoid doing things to help their wives, simple things because they're told that it will lower them as men or something. in the end you have an emasculated husband who is made useless and a hostile overworked wife and both are unhappy. I swear the majority of somalis are homewreckers lol :rolleyes:

that's true about the immaturity, when it comes to people treating marriage like dating, basically just a halal outlet for physical desires. But theres a lot of negative influence from older generation, too. somali women even when married for years will be unhappy because they listen to the notion that they can only be good wives if they overwork themselves to the bone (naag nool iska dhig) and men will avoid doing things to help their wives, simple things because they're told that it will lower them as men or something. in the end you have an emasculated husband who is made useless and a hostile overworked wife and both are unhappy. I swear the majority of somalis are homewreckers lol :rolleyes:
I think it’s due to internalized misogyny. A lot of women would rather stick it out in a miserable marriage than be single. That plus they resent younger girls for going after what they want (school, work, travel). It’s a good idea to set the standard at the beginning and tell your man what you are willing to do. For instance, don’t be a martyr and involve him in household chores and child rearing. You do that by stroking his ego and making him feel important. Before you know it, he’ll pick up the slack and you can be well rested and have a good life. Who am I showing off to when I’m doing everything? Yaab badana. War ninku uu ii qaba anyways. :ftw9nwa: