Do ordinary Americans have guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Everything’s perception. It’s bc you’re not used to it, and you’re not acclimated to them. Many of my neighbors own guns, my dad and one of my bros does too. If I were to buy a home in my area, I would too, but if I move to the bigger cities I have in mind, I probably won’t.

Everything’s perception. It’s bc you’re not used to it, and you’re not acclimated to them. Many of my neighbors own guns, my dad and one of my bros does too. If I were to buy a home in my area, I would too, but if I move to the bigger cities I have in mind, I probably won’t.

VixR

I agree, it is very rare to see an Australian home with a gun unless they own hunting rifles or are farmers and very few people are hunters. Most of the guns in the public hands are illegally owned by hardened criminals and they use it against one another. Knuckle dusters (illegal to carry) and baseball bats are mostly the weapons of choice used in violence by men here.

VixR

Veritas
VixR

I agree, it is very rare to see an Australian home with a gun unless they own hunting rifles or are farmers and very few people are hunters. Most of the guns in the public hands are illegally owned by hardened criminals and they use it against one another. Knuckle dusters (illegal to carry) and baseball bats are mostly the weapons of choice used in violence by men here.
Anti-gun groups in the US always cite Australia as a model for reforming gun laws, but tons of Americans are nauseated by the idea of having all our guns taken away. Hunting is still a big deal here, but most people who own rifles also own regular hand guns. I know a friend who’s family has a basement with the wildest gun collection, though most people aren’t that gung-ho by any means. I’d say they’re very much a part of the culture in some parts of the country.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I have a gun now, after watching some crazy video

Anti-gun groups in the US always cite Australia as a model for reforming gun laws, but tons of Americans are nauseated by the idea of having all our guns taken away. Hunting is still a big deal here, but most people who own rifles also own regular hand guns. I know a friend who’s family has a basement with the wildest gun collection, though most people aren’t that gung-ho by any means. I’d say they’re very much a part of the culture in some parts of the country.

VixR

Are they the Southerners? They don't trust governments and feel to protect themselves from the Federal government. The civil war mentality is enshrined on the constitution and lives on. The same mentality among Somali clans in Somalia. Asking them to disarm is akin to declaring war on their natural rights. As long as they don't openly carry, the government tolerates them.

VixR

Veritas
VixR

Are they the Southerners? They don't trust governments and feel to protect themselves from the Federal government. The civil war mentality is enshrined on the constitution and lives on. The same mentality among Somali clans in Somalia. Asking them to disarm is akin to declaring war on their natural rights. As long as they don't openly carry, the government tolerates them.

The South too, but there’s Northern states and the Midwest, basically most of the less densely populated areas/states, ie, the countryside, rural areas, smaller towns. I don’t think Somalia’s situation is comparable to gun-toting Americans, but I can see what you mean. In a way, it’s a bit unfair bc most gun crimes in these areas are self-afflicted (death by gun) suicides, with the occasional freak accident, it’s really the urban areas that suffer from gun crimes the most in the form of gangs and whatnot.

The South too, but there’s Northern states and the Midwest, basically most of the less densely populated areas/states, ie, the countryside, rural areas, smaller towns. I don’t think Somalia’s situation is comparable to gun-toting Americans, but I can see what you mean. In a way, it’s a bit unfair bc most gun crimes in these areas are self-afflicted (death by gun) suicides, with the occasional freak accident, it’s really the urban areas that suffer from gun crimes the most in the form of gangs and whatnot.

VixR

There are nearly 40,000 fire arms related deaths in America each year and it is more than South Africa, but a mindset (sold to some here) that South Africa is worse than America gained momentum.

You can't compare America's gun violence to anywhere, my Somali analogy was the thinking of gun protection by people who went through civil wars. The same applies to people in Afghanistan, Liberia and etc.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
VixR

There are nearly 40,000 fire arms related deaths in America each year and it is more than South Africa, but a mindset (sold to some here) that South Africa is worse than America gained momentum.

You can't compare America's gun violence to anywhere, my Somali analogy was the thinking of gun protection by people who went through civil wars. The same applies to people in Afghanistan, Liberia and etc.
People now just own Guns because they think it’s cool. Especially the guys that live in the suburbs far from the inner city ghettos. They see the way guns are used in shows and movies and want to better their skills with a gun.
When I was younger I met lots kids that wanted to be just like the soldiers in call of duty and in multiple war movies. To them killing terrorist seems like an amazing job. So they grow up. Some lose interest in the military field but they still keep their interest in guns.

We also have a lot of veterans that own guns. Some of these guys don’t feel safe without them.

Yep. I know plenty of people with guns. If I wanted to I can legit go to a pawn shop and buy a pistol over the counter

When I was in middle school, my cadaan class mate had a lot of guns and was hunting deer, moose and rabbits. Most Maners either hunt with their guns or it sits at home in case of a burglar they of course have to clean it though.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Yes and there is reason for it. The fear culture. The worst thing About America is the fear culture is so prevalent, that if you say China is invading half of the population will go and purchase weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts