Do ethnic businesses take advantage of being minorities to overprice?

I've noticed that many Somalis, black people and other small owned businesses like to guilt trip people into buying their cheap overpriced garbage. For example, the "Indian" raminadime. She's hopped on the new tactic a lot of these small businesses are using, which is "I'm a poor Somali and Black owned business! You should buy my overpriced qashin instead of buying from evil white people!".

She literally sells butterfly jewelry for $60 on her "dimedrip" that you can buy on aliexpress for $2, and uses her being a Somali owned business to lure miskeen Somali people into buying her scam. It's ridiculous. Please beware.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somali restaurants aren’t overpriced. At least the ones I go to arent, they’re a bit pricey but the portions are huge.

I’ve NEVER met an ethnic store that tried to guilt trip me into buying from them. Stop making things up.

It’s only online influencers and stuff that try to milk it. Your average run of the mill store is owned by some random guy who doesn’t know about these tactics and is just looking for a living.

Somali restaurants aren’t overpriced. At least the ones I go to arent, they’re a bit pricey but the portions are huge.

I’ve NEVER met an ethnic store that tried to guilt trip me into buying from them. Stop making things up.

It’s only online influencers and stuff that try to milk it. Your average run of the mill store is owned by some random guy who doesn’t know about these tactics and is just looking for a living.
How am I making things up? If it's online businesses, they do count as an ethnic business.

You literally just proved my point by saying online influencers do it. If you use your ethnicity as a way to receive pity and lure people into buying your scams, that is guilt tripping. You're contradicting yourself. Are you really holding that grudge from when I called you out on you bullying that Somali girl on another thread? Miskeen lmao stay hurt.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How am I making things up? If it's online businesses, they do count as an ethnic business.

You literally just proved my point by saying online influencers do it. If you use your ethnicity as a way to receive pity and lure people into buying your scams, that is guilt tripping. You're contradicting yourself. Are you really holding that grudge from when I called you out on you bullying that Somali girl on another thread? Miskeen lmao stay hurt.
I said some online influencers do it.

That is FAR AWAY from generalizing all ethnic businesses.

Damn, he’s after you too? Maxa cunaga ka qaldaan? :russ::mjlol:
Anyways, Ramla has been exposed to buying stuff from aliexpress for cheap and then selling it for 10x as much. People are buying it though, so can you blame her?:hillarybiz:

Ade

Heart on the left side ⚔☤
Thats the definition of enterprise and the whole idea goes out for it :ulyin::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose:

I said some online influencers do it.

That is FAR AWAY from generalizing all ethnic businesses.
When did I generalize all ethnic businesses? I never said that every single ethnic business did that, which I why I made an example, and said "a lot of these small owned businesses" instead of all. Stop putting words into my mouth because you're salty from an old argument. You literally proved my point by saying some online influencers do it. So childish

Anyways, Ramla has been exposed to buying stuff from aliexpress for cheap and then selling it for 10x as much. People are buying it though, so can you blame her?:hillarybiz:
Lmaoo fr. He's agreeing with me and doesn't even realize it because he's that dumb.

And yeah lmaoo i've seen it everywhere. She's profiting off of it true but many Somali people don't realize they're being taken advantage of and I feel bad

Ade

Heart on the left side ⚔☤
You should read about the watch brand
"Daniel Wellington" and why they are worth a billion....you will understand it then

Last edited:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Lmaoo fr. He's agreeing with me and doesn't even realize it because he's that dumb.

And yeah lmaoo i've seen it everywhere. She's profiting off of it true but many Somali people don't realize they're being taken advantage of and I feel bad
Lol at @Desert Flower putting me on “ignore” but then still worrying about what I do. Seems someone is a fan. I guess since you’re not ignoring me enough I’ll have to put you on ignore.

@xalimathe6 when you say “I've noticed that many Somalis, black people and other small owned businesses like to guilt trip people into buying their cheap overpriced garbage.” You are generalizing.

You are making it seem like a substantial portion of them are doing but really you only know a few instagrammers who are using this opportunity to boost their products, you don’t even know if it’s overpriced. It’s just Ramina Dime you used as an example.

Next time don’t say “many” when you can only think of one.

and I don’t agree with you, I’ve never noticed it. I’ve only said that I’ve seen a couple instagram influencers who boost their products, but their products aren’t overpriced. There’s nothing wrong with boosting ethnic businesses, that’s the whole point. They’re not scheming or overpricing.

Dumb dumb, you are on ignore. @BoqorkaChess. I can choose to see ignored posts if I want. Just wanted to see which nacaas was talking to @xalimathe6. Not surprised that it was you. :mjlol: :mjlol:

Wallahi I’ve never seen such a sensitive person in my life.

Go ahead and put me on ignore, you’re probably the first one to do so. :lolbron:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Dumb dumb, you are on ignore. @BoqorkaChess. I can choose to see ignored posts if I want. Just wanted to see which nacaas was talking to @xalimathe6. Not surprised that it was you. :mjlol: :mjlol:

Wallahi I’ve never seen such a sensitive person in my life.

Go ahead and put me on ignore, you’re probably the first one to do so. :lolbron:
:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Lol at @Desert Flower putting me on “ignore” but then still worrying about what I do. Seems someone is a fan. I guess since you’re not ignoring me enough I’ll have to put you on ignore.

@xalimathe6 when you say “I've noticed that many Somalis, black people and other small owned businesses like to guilt trip people into buying their cheap overpriced garbage.” You are generalizing.

You are making it seem like a substantial portion of them are doing but really you only know a few instagrammers who are using this opportunity to boost their products, you don’t even know if it’s overpriced. It’s just Ramina Dime you used as an example.

Next time don’t say “many” when you can only think of one.

and I don’t agree with you, I’ve never noticed it. I’ve only said that I’ve seen a couple instagram influencers who boost their products, but their products aren’t overpriced. There’s nothing wrong with boosting ethnic businesses, that’s the whole point. They’re not scheming or overpricing.
First you accuse me of saying ALL ethnic businesses overprice, and now you're claiming i'm generalizing lmfao keep your story straight. Generalizing would be me saying most ethnic businesses do this, not me saying many. "Many" does not mean i'm generalizing. Learn English. You yourself said that online influencers do this, so yes you're agreeing with what I was saying. Her products are sold for $60 when she buys them on aliexpress for $2 so yes that is overpricing.

I never said I can only think of one. Once again, you're putting words into my mouth to make some sort of argument because you're that bored and salty. I don't even know why i'm arguing with someone who openly admits that they try hard to use big words in order to look smart.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
Imagine using Raminadime as an example... She is just an influencer who sells basic items and it is up to you to use your brain.

But let’s get serious and let me educate you a little bit.

You cannot compare small businesses (typically Black owned) to Gigantic businesses (typically white owned); the latter has the money and infristructure to manufacture cheap and therefore sell for cheap. In contrast the marginalised immigrant who starts such a business does not have that luxury and therefore has a high cost of manufacture which means a higher price.

Support your own. I rather pay a bit more for a Somali product.

end of discussion.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
First you accuse me of saying ALL ethnic businesses overprice, and now you're claiming i'm generalizing lmfao keep your story straight. Generalizing would be me saying most ethnic businesses do this, not me saying many. "Many" does not mean i'm generalizing. Learn English. You yourself said that online influencers do this, so yes you're agreeing with what I was saying. Her products are sold for $60 when she buys them on aliexpress for $2 so yes that is overpricing.

I never said I can only think of one. Once again, you're putting words into my mouth to make some sort of argument because you're that bored and salty. I don't even know why i'm arguing with someone who openly admits that they try hard to use big words in order to look smart.
Since you’re slow, I’ll explain it slowly.

You lumped all ethnic businesses as one, instead of singling out the online influencers.

Secondly, online influencers using this opportunity to grow their businesses, isn’t wrong. I agree they do that, but it’s not the same as agreeing with you. As you said they’re using this opportunity to overprice and milk the situation, which most are not.

Besides ramina dime that you’ve mentioned there hasn’t been any other ones that would bring you to the conclusion of “many”.

Was that nice and slow for you?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
And you're a sexist as well loool. That explains why you're pathetic and have half of my posts in 2 months. Nobody is being emotional on this thread besides you.
I’ve been here for more than 3 months, 3 months that I’ve been stuck at home. If anything I’m pretty slow, I should have been at 6K posts by now.

You’ve been here for 2 years and only have 4K posts, you’re definitely not the average poster. You obviously quit or something or have been a lurker for a long time.

And i’m the “emotional” one but you started calling me stupid and dumb and other insults when I argued with you.

A small somali grocery store cant compete with a huge corporation like safeway for example so its more expensive. But they dont take advantage of it, its quite clear to most people why the price is what it is.

You clearly generalized :mjdontkno:

I’ve been here for more than 3 months, 3 months that I’ve been stuck at home. If anything I’m pretty slow, I should have been at 6K posts by now.

You’ve been here for 2 years and only have 4K posts, you’re definitely not the average poster. You obviously quit or something or have been a lurker for a long time.

And i’m the “emotional” one but you started calling me stupid and dumb and other insults when I argued with you.
Having half of my posts in 3 months shows that you clearly use this site way too much and need a break. You definitely have been in quarantine longer than 3 months which explains your bitterness towards women.

You're obviously emotional considering you accused me of "making things up" when you admitted that online influencers do it, merely because I called you out from another thread and you're salty about it. You also called ALL women braindead and slow because I argued with you, so yes you are very sensitive and emotional.