Do educated working Western Somali women pay their fair share of the mortgage/rent and house bills?

Do educated working Western Somali women chip in their fair share of the rent/mortgage?

• YES

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Do educated working Western Somali women chip in their fair share of the rent/mortgage? 30 years ago things were a bit different. Majority of the bills were covered by Somali fathers and majority of new immigrant/refugee Somali women didn't work. For thirty years they didn't go to work and raised a family. The average female Somali Westerner is in their early 20s to late 30s today. The new generation of the Somali women have gained higher education and are currently working. So why should they not contribute to the household when they are earning a living? Isn't it selfish of them to place all the responsibility on their partner and spend their earnings on frivolous causes?

Do educated working Western Somali women chip in their fair share of the rent/mortgage? 30 years ago things were a bit different. Majority of the bills were covered by Somali fathers and majority of new immigrant/refugee Somali women didn't work. For thirty years they didn't go to work and raised a family. The average female Somali Westerner is in their early 20s to late 30s today. The new generation of the Somali women have gained higher education and are currently working. So why should they not contribute to the household when they are earning a living? Isn't it selfish of them to place all the responsibility on their partner and spend their earnings on frivolous causes?
Simple rule: marry a woman who makes less than you. Ladies, marry a man who makes more than you.

The majority of women do contribute to the household. Nowadays everyone works so there’s no excuse. The saddest part is that women pay half of the bills but still do 100% of chores.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
I wouldn’t mind paying some of the bills as long as my husband is not a misogynist prick that belittle women. A good quality husband deserves a lot and that he knows that he needs to help with the house chores. If he wants traditional roles I don’t mind either but he needs to put a good amount of money to my bank account every month I don’t like asking for money all the time I’ve been financially independent since I was 17.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
You gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

You can't expect to have a submissive wife that'll cater to you and the family if she's out working and paying bills. That's foolish thinking.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
What point do I get from marrying him if he can't pay my baseline expenses? I can support myself but could he support me? As for cost sharing I do not agree. Women pay indirectly through care giving. Try hiring an au pair/live-in nanny and see how much that will run you up (if you want to do a cost comparison) then bear in mind that working mothers do both those jobs. And as for my money it will go toward improving the quality of my household and the health of those in it. Hence, that's like paying dividends to those in my family (present or future). And I don't generally spend on frivolity.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
my parents do that

Let's be honest every western xalimo would feel guilt from not contributing if she works. We always talk in hyperbole on this site.

Single income households aren't feasible anymore unless you want to live in squalor and poverty.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Simple rule: marry a woman who makes less than you. Ladies, marry a man who makes more than you.
I actually like the idea making way more than a guy it’s nice if you can own a house, expensive jewellery, lifestyle without being tied to a man the freedom would be so sweet I would spoil my kids and immediate family.

I actually like the idea making way more than a guy it’s nice if you can own a house, expensive jewellery, lifestyle without being tied to a man the freedom would be so sweet I would spoil my kids and immediate family.
It’s been shown that in large communities, when women make more on average, marriage rates decline. But reproduction rates remain consistent, and kids raised in single households are more likely to engage in criminal behavior. It’s just a recipe on average, might more for certain individuals but it’s been shown again and again to fail in large communities.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
It’s been shown that in large communities, when women make more on average, marriage rates decline. But reproduction rates remain consistent, and kids raised in single households are more likely to engage in criminal behavior. It’s just a recipe on average, might more for certain individuals but it’s been shown again and again to fail in large communities.
No I meant if you’re a woman and have ambitions don’t ignore it because you're worried about your husband and his ego. Me personally am too selfish what a man thinks lol my happiness comes first

The more a woman makes the more she has a b@stard kid basically. That’s interesting. I think specially for black including Somali the more she wants to raise the kid on her in thinking I make enough money to be dad and mum

Im sorry, as a man if you can't provide completely or most of the expenses in your household (If she is happy to contribute), then you need to check things real quick, wheres your manhood? Nah by all means work two jobs if it gets to that loool

Qali

Certified Pimp.
When I get married, If my husband tries to force me to pay bills, that’s finna be an instant divorce right there :francis:

Im sorry, as a man if you can't provide completely or most of the expenses in your household (If she is happy to contribute), then you need to check things real quick, wheres your manhood? Nah by all means work two jobs if it gets to that loool
I ain’t working two jobs lol. As long as a man provides the basic and can feed his kids and house them. He is good imo. We are not on earth to work for women

Trending