Do any of you go therapy?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I was to a group therapy today, it felt like the soul was cleansed after you've talked about whatever you want. It's the most peaceful moment you can have. The rest of the day is just bliss.

Mashalaaah that is therapy for u. It uplifts u. We tend to put ourselves down majority of times.

Mashalaaah that is therapy for u. It uplifts u. We tend to put ourselves down majority of times.
Absolutely, I don't think people can say everything to friends and family because that would change the relationship, but with an anonymous group you can say what you feel and get some understanding in return.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Absolutely, I don't think people can say everything to friends and family because that would change the relationship, but with an anonymous group you can say what you feel and get some understanding in return.

I think one of the most healing thing i learnt from therapy is that i am neither good nor bad always. (or good by nature, but Shaitaan makes us bad through SIN) That i am how my God created me. We tend to interpret that we are bad. Going straight to negatives as opposed to positivity. Therapy teaches you to control the negatives impulses, and encourages positivity. Our religion/Islam also teaches us that we are special, through our father Prophet Adam pbuh who was honored by God above the angels & Jiini! We do not follow due to Shaitan's influence. To be removed from yourself , and see yourself as the pure honored human being. neither good nor bad but a creature or vessel of God's slave- u begin to see WHO you are and that you are indeed precious!

Last edited:
I think one of the most healing thing i learnt from therapy is that i am neither good nor bad always. That i am how my God created me. We tend to interpret that we are bad. Going straight to negatives as opposed to positivity. Therapy teaches you to control the negatives impulses, and encourages positivity. Our religion/Islam also teaches us that we are special, through our father Prophet Adam pbuh who was honored by God above the angels & Jiini! We do not follow due to Shaitan's influence. To be removed from yourself , and see yourself as the pure honored human being. neither good nor bad but a creature or vessel of God's slave- u begin to see WHO you are and that you are indeed precious!
We humans have an inner critic who basically puts us down even when we should be fine, we are a very complex creature. It's almost as if there's a different person inside of us who isn't yourself.

CBT is very important, because 2 people can have the same experience and yet be left with 2 completely different interpretations, so it's all one the perceptions and those need to be challenged. Also what people think of you isn't necessarily true.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We humans have an inner critic who basically puts us down even when we should be fine, we are a very complex creature. It's almost as if there's a different person inside of us who isn't yourself.

CBT is very important, because 2 people can have the same experience and yet be left with 2 completely different interpretations, so it's all one the perceptions and those need to be challenged. Also what people think of you isn't necessarily true.

I completely agree. Our religion tells us our soul wants to do bad. Indeed there is two persons within you. The other person is your soul/nafs aka Shaitaan doing his job. CBT targets the particular brain. We all have different brains with different issues.

I do talk to a therapist once a month cause I deal with depression/anxiety. It helps me calm down and it’s nice to have someone validate your feelings. If I could afford it I would go see another therapist.

I completely agree. Our religion tells us our soul wants to do bad. Indeed there is two persons within you. The other person is your soul/nafs aka Shaitaan doing his job. CBT targets the particular brain. We all have different brains with different issues.
Not all nufuus (plural of nafs) are inclined towards doing bad stuff. There are different types. Besides our own nafs, we have a personal devil whispering to us. That is in addition to the human ones around us.

How has it helped you?
Are you trying to go yourself?

If you are afraid to speak openly with people of different backgrounds, find a Somali counselor. I also know of a Somali psychiatrist. People need to do what's best for their caafimaad. If it's halal and you see that it can help you, what is the issue? Mental health shouldn't be neglected or made fun of. I would also highly recommend reconnecting yourself sincerely with Allah in terms of performing your daily prayers and other acts of cibaada.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
How has it helped you?
I went got a psychiatrist, therapist and medication to help with my short depression state. I was in when I was 19. They help me turn my life around. I personally would recommend it. It's important to value your mental health status as much as your physical health status

But not sure it a public funded health institution would provide you the same benefits

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Not all nufuus (plural of nafs) are inclined towards doing bad stuff. There are different types. Besides our own nafs, we have a personal devil whispering to us. That is in addition to the human ones around us.

God help us indeed. Indeed we are helpless without Allaah swt

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I went got a psychiatrist, therapist and medication to help with my short depression state. I was in when I was 19. They help me turn my life around. I personally would recommend it. It's important to value your mental health status as much as your physical health status

But not sure it a public funded health institution would provide you the same benefits

I am so proud of you. I have an affinity for you Habo. Mashalaaah

what do u guys discuss, like how is it different from normal therapy

The main principle is that contentment in Islam comes from the soul's closeness to Allah. That is our natural pure state or Fitrah. The more alienated the soul is from Allah, the less contented we are.

The entire corpus of Western psychology revolves around the lower self or nafs and trying to satisfy its ever-changing whims. Their idea of contentedness is the temporary life of this world. A Muslim psychologist will show you that your soul existed before your temporary body in this life and it shall exist after it is separated from your body through the act of death and after death.

So you move from a short lifespan of 60/70/80 years to the full spectrum of the life of the soul, from the kadeed and cariiri of this life, to the expanse and majesty of Allah's creations and vastness of the universe. The underlying philosophy is as different as night and day.

Google the work of brother Dr Abdallah Rothman to begin with. Also read the work of Al Ghazali.

Success in western society = money, power, respect.

Success in Islam? First 10 verses of Surah Muuminuun/Chapter 23.

Last edited:

zackattack

Cowabunga
YES

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

Trending

Latest posts